Jump to content


MAGPUL MOE CTR BUFFER TUBE ISSUE.


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Igor

Igor

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Country:

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

So I got a Magpul Moe CTR stock for the CQR and noticed a bit of up and down play between the tube and the stock. This was preventing the stock from keeping locked in a position. To solve this I too a piece of Gorilla tape and taped it on the inside top of the the CTR stock. This solved the issue completely. Plus you cannot tell that there is any tape anywhere and 1 piece solved the issue completely. So if anyone one else out there shells out 80 bucks for a CTR stock and its not sitting right you know what to do.

#2 superfrog

superfrog

    Post Whore

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Asheville NC
  • Country:

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

Thanks for the tip

#3 aaps59

aaps59

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.
  • Country:

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

Was this a Magpul USA stock? Im surprised you were getting this wobble. The friction lock system should prevent it...

#4 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

View PostIgor, on 01 July 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

So I got a Magpul Moe CTR stock for the CQR and noticed a bit of up and down play between the tube and the stock. This was preventing the stock from keeping locked in a position. To solve this I too a piece of Gorilla tape and taped it on the inside top of the the CTR stock. This solved the issue completely. Plus you cannot tell that there is any tape anywhere and 1 piece solved the issue completely. So if anyone one else out there shells out 80 bucks for a CTR stock and its not sitting right you know what to do.
Did you buy the Mil-Spec version or the Commercial version?  That would make a difference.

#5 Igor

Igor

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Country:

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

I checked the stock and yes it is a milspec stock. The inner top part of the stock that sits on top of the tube needed to be 1-2mm thicker. Due to the size it was not allowing the locking mechanism to properly engage.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostIgor, on 02 July 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

I checked the stock and yes it is a milspec stock. The inner top part of the stock that sits on top of the tube needed to be 1-2mm thicker. Due to the size it was not allowing the locking mechanism to properly engage.
It seems odd to me that a Mil-Spec CTR would not operate correctly.  I have a CTR on my KWA M4A1 and it fits and locks perfectly.

#7 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

That actually sound like a commercial version. Milspec should be pretty close to the our buffer tube.

#8 Igor

Igor

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Country:

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

I did buy it second hand so who knows. Maybe someone made it fit a commercial buffer tube :blink:

#9 Heathrow

Heathrow

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Country:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

just to shake things up, the KM4 compatibility list (page 1) states that this series is compatible with "Magpul CTR Stock - Commercial Version (KWA TESTED)" . I just ordered the mil-spec version and a bit curious if these guns are in fact compatible with both commercial and mil-spec?

#10 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostHeathrow, on 24 July 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

just to shake things up, the KM4 compatibility list (page 1) states that this series is compatible with "Magpul CTR Stock - Commercial Version (KWA TESTED)" . I just ordered the mil-spec version and a bit curious if these guns are in fact compatible with both commercial and mil-spec?
No, they are Mil-Spec compatible.  That include the LM4.  Sorry for the mistake, I'll edit that now.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users