Jump to content


Kwa Usp compact efficiency


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DevgruBagel

DevgruBagel

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country:

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

Hello,

Last december I bought a Kwa P10 (uspc-tactical) and ever since I have had efficiency issues. Occasionally, I can get 3 mags off, and sometimes I only get 3 or 5 shots off. Now, I think I might not be filling the mags properly. I use propane, with a sort of generic plastic $20 propane adapter.
In the manual, It says to fill the gun's magazine until gas spills over (which it never does, I've held it down for 5 minutes and nothing spills out.) I've also heard people say that you should only use green gas and not propane (which doesn't make sense)
For the first 8 or so months that i had the gun I put silicone oil in the propane adapater thinking that it would lubricate the whole gun and make it work better. I have since figured out that that was a myth, and that it actually screws things up. So my question is: Has putting the silicone oil in the propane screwed things up, am I filling the gun incorrectly, or does the gun have a flaw in its internals (I have three mags, I doubt they are all lemons.)

Thank you, any help is much appreciated. I don't really have money for another sidearm atm.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

View PostDevgruBagel, on 29 November 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Hello,

Last december I bought a Kwa P10 (uspc-tactical) and ever since I have had efficiency issues. Occasionally, I can get 3 mags off, and sometimes I only get 3 or 5 shots off. Now, I think I might not be filling the mags properly. I use propane, with a sort of generic plastic $20 propane adapter.
In the manual, It says to fill the gun's magazine until gas spills over (which it never does, I've held it down for 5 minutes and nothing spills out.) I've also heard people say that you should only use green gas and not propane (which doesn't make sense)
For the first 8 or so months that i had the gun I put silicone oil in the propane adapater thinking that it would lubricate the whole gun and make it work better. I have since figured out that that was a myth, and that it actually screws things up. So my question is: Has putting the silicone oil in the propane screwed things up, am I filling the gun incorrectly, or does the gun have a flaw in its internals (I have three mags, I doubt they are all lemons.)

Thank you, any help is much appreciated. I don't really have money for another sidearm atm.
Hi DevgruBagel - Welcome to the KWA Forums. Regardless of what the manual says the mag rarely will spill gas unless the fill valve o-ring is missing.  If you have a fresh tank of gas and you fill for 30 seconds you should be fine. Do you have a fresh tank to test?  Believe it or not I seen many cases where a tank feels like it has gas in it only to find out that it won't fill a mag properly due to insufficient pressure.

If that's not the case then you may have some parts that need to be replaced due to wear.

#3 DevgruBagel

DevgruBagel

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country:

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

View Postgcw360, on 30 November 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

Hi DevgruBagel - Welcome to the KWA Forums. Regardless of what the manual says the mag rarely will spill gas unless the fill valve o-ring is missing.  If you have a fresh tank of gas and you fill for 30 seconds you should be fine. Do you have a fresh tank to test?  Believe it or not I seen many cases where a tank feels like it has gas in it only to find out that it won't fill a mag properly due to insufficient pressure.

If that's not the case then you may have some parts that need to be replaced due to wear.
Thanks man, yesterday I took apart the BBU and lubed the blowback seal and efficiency has gone up by 50% to 100% depending on fire rates. I do need to get a new can of propane. And I figured that the mag wouldn't spill gas as I thought only a few japanese gas guns did that. I will check the efficiency after I get a new can.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostDevgruBagel, on 30 November 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Thanks man, yesterday I took apart the BBU and lubed the blowback seal and efficiency has gone up by 50% to 100% depending on fire rates. I do need to get a new can of propane. And I figured that the mag wouldn't spill gas as I thought only a few japanese gas guns did that. I will check the efficiency after I get a new can.
Perfect!

#5 failsmith

failsmith

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

I was having a similar problem with my USP, but I can't seem to remove the hex bolt (part #119) to disassemble the blowback unit. It seems stripped. I could drill it out, but then I would need to find a replacement screw. I've heard of people finding phillips head replacements at hardware stores and such. Any ideas?

#6 DevgruBagel

DevgruBagel

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country:

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

View Postfailsmith, on 02 December 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

I was having a similar problem with my USP, but I can't seem to remove the hex bolt (part #119) to disassemble the blowback unit. It seems stripped. I could drill it out, but then I would need to find a replacement screw. I've heard of people finding phillips head replacements at hardware stores and such. Any ideas?

Yeah, It's a pretty basic bolt so you could replace it with a philips bolt if you found one. Just make sure that the threads of the BBU aren't stripped out, because you wouldn't be able to re tap those, you'd have to buy a new bbu.

#7 failsmith

failsmith

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Update: Drilled out the old bolt (part 119). Removed the BBU. I was able to use needle-nosed vice grips to unscrew the remaining shaft of the bolt from the rear sight. Replaced the bolt with a 4-40 x 3/4 in. flat-head machine screw. Lubed the components in the blowback unit, and added a #5 o-ring around the rocket valve. Now getting ~50 shots out of a magazine.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

View Postfailsmith, on 07 December 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

Update: Drilled out the old bolt (part 119). Removed the BBU. I was able to use needle-nosed vice grips to unscrew the remaining shaft of the bolt from the rear sight. Replaced the bolt with a 4-40 x 3/4 in. flat-head machine screw. Lubed the components in the blowback unit, and added a #5 o-ring around the rocket valve. Now getting ~50 shots out of a magazine.
Any chance you can post how you applied the o-ring to the rocket valve?  Pictures would be awesome!

#9 failsmith

failsmith

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

I could do that! I'll make a new topic though, and make a guide of how to do it. I got the idea on another forum, and saw some pictures of people doing that to other GBB pistols. I guess the idea is that it makes a better seal between the edges of the rocket valve and the inside of the cylinder it's in. The blowback seems more crisp, and I seem to get more shots out of a magazine. I'm not sure if it has any effect on FPS/range, because I don't have a chronograph. I'll see what I can do about making a post, and then maybe I can follow it up with some actual data on FPS and efficiency, with and without the o-ring, once I can get access to a chronograph.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

View Postfailsmith, on 08 December 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

I could do that! I'll make a new topic though, and make a guide of how to do it. I got the idea on another forum, and saw some pictures of people doing that to other GBB pistols. I guess the idea is that it makes a better seal between the edges of the rocket valve and the inside of the cylinder it's in. The blowback seems more crisp, and I seem to get more shots out of a magazine. I'm not sure if it has any effect on FPS/range, because I don't have a chronograph. I'll see what I can do about making a post, and then maybe I can follow it up with some actual data on FPS and efficiency, with and without the o-ring, once I can get access to a chronograph.
Thank would be great.  There are various modifications that can be done and most have been discussed on one thread or another on these Forums.  I haven't seen the you you did so I'm of the opinion that the members would like to see it.  Thank you and looking forward to the new thread.

#11 failsmith

failsmith

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

Finished my write up, here's a link
http://www.kwausa.co...showtopic=11980

Let me know if you try it, I'm interested to see if others have good results. I haven't crunched any numbers yet to figure out how much the mod actually helps, so the more data the better.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users