• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 irishdoh

irishdoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:24 AM

So, my 945, after much excellent service and hard use, suffered a serious failure.  The outer barrel shattered inside the the slide at the chamber area.  This also threw the slide out of whack and chipped parts off of it as well.  However, I cannot complain, so do not think that I am.  

To replace the shattered plastic items, I ordered a metal replacement slide/outer barrel kit.  The slide is really lightweight, only a little heavier than the original plastic one.  My question is, do I need to upgrade any of the valving with the new slide?  Will using the pistol with the new slide stress the original parts faster than normal?

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:00 PM

View Postirishdoh, on Sep 4 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

So, my 945, after much excellent service and hard use, suffered a serious failure.  The outer barrel shattered inside the the slide at the chamber area.  This also threw the slide out of whack and chipped parts off of it as well.  However, I cannot complain, so do not think that I am.  

To replace the shattered plastic items, I ordered a metal replacement slide/outer barrel kit.  The slide is really lightweight, only a little heavier than the original plastic one.  My question is, do I need to upgrade any of the valving with the new slide?  Will using the pistol with the new slide stress the original parts faster than normal?

Where did you buy the metal slide and barrel kit from?  
As for the valve, that depends on the performance after you have installed the upgrade.  If you notice a drop of cycling speed and drop of FPS.  Change the main spring before changing the valve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users