Jump to content


KWA G36C after market K Model Conversion Kits?


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 8416w

8416w

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:28 PM

Hello!

I a very extremely happy owner of a KWA G36C, and I am looking to purchase a aftermarket K model kit that will fit the rifle. Does such a product exist?

Also, what tightbore barrel fits and performs the best in the KWA G36C? Let me know.

Thank you

#2 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

 8416w, on Jan 10 2009, 04:28 PM, said:

Hello!

I a very extremely happy owner of a KWA G36C, and I am looking to purchase a aftermarket K model kit that will fit the rifle. Does such a product exist?

Also, what tightbore barrel fits and performs the best in the KWA G36C? Let me know.

Thank you
My friend did this conversion, but he kept the C handle. Heres the kit he got, its very nice plastic and matches the KG36c color perfectly, but DOES NOT INCLUDE THE K CARRY HANDLE/SCOPE!!!!
http://www.rsov.com/...product_id=1795

Prometheus, look at this chart for the exact barrel you want:
http://www.trinityai...prometheus.aspx

#3 8416w

8416w

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:42 AM

Thank you for your input. Does the K barrel extension thread directly to the C muzzle threads? Also will the KWA carry handle fit the K kit forearm? Let me know.

#4 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:27 AM

 8416w, on Jan 11 2009, 06:42 AM, said:

Thank you for your input. Does the K barrel extension thread directly to the C muzzle threads? Also will the KWA carry handle fit the K kit forearm? Let me know.
The K barrel extension does thread directly on to the C barrel, you have to remove your flash hider though. It takes a 363mm barrel length if I remember correctly.
And the carry handle attaches to the body, not the handguard. So yes, the C handle will work, you dont even have to remove it at all.

No modification of the gun is required. All you have to do is remove the front pin, pull the old front end off, remove the flash hider, screw the new barrel and flash hider on and put the new fron end back on. No modification required and you can revert back to a G36c whenever you want (if you dont have a new inner barrel or else you'll have to keep the K barrel on).

The K handgaurd is for small batteries only!!

#5 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

 vic_man4, on Jan 11 2009, 10:27 AM, said:

The K barrel extension does thread directly on to the C barrel, you have to remove your flash hider though. It takes a 363mm barrel length if I remember correctly.
And the carry handle attaches to the body, not the handguard. So yes, the C handle will work, you dont even have to remove it at all.

No modification of the gun is required. All you have to do is remove the front pin, pull the old front end off, remove the flash hider, screw the new barrel and flash hider on and put the new fron end back on. No modification required and you can revert back to a G36c whenever you want (if you dont have a new inner barrel or else you'll have to keep the K barrel on).

The K handgaurd is for small batteries only!!

Yep, for 9.6vs, nunchuk from fits the best.  I use my SRC with a Elite 9.6v 1500mah nunchuk pack.  

If you want the gun to be a true K, then you will need to switch the stock out also.  The Ks stock is an inch or so longer.  That's only if you are a realism freak though.

#6 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

 Stealthmaster14, on Jan 11 2009, 03:05 PM, said:

Yep, for 9.6vs, nunchuk from fits the best.  I use my SRC with a Elite 9.6v 1500mah nunchuk pack.  

If you want the gun to be a true K, then you will need to switch the stock out also.  The Ks stock is an inch or so longer.  That's only if you are a realism freak though.
He wants the C carry handle, so I dont think that he would want go the extra mile and go buy a K stock. Its was waste of money, my friend wanted to do that aswell, till he figured it was a waste of money.

#7 8416w

8416w

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

Has anyone used the Laylax barrel extension on their KWA G36C, and was it easy to mount?

#8 Spiggy

Spiggy

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:City of Industry
  • Country:

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:13 AM

it just threads on, IIRC.  With the K-Kit you will need a M4 length inner barrel.

I would advise some light thread locker on the main threads (extension to trunion) so you don't unscrew the wrong section trying to remove the flash hider

#9 FPDoc

FPDoc

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:19 AM

G&P outer barrel should work. I got the full length for the G36 frontset with bipod which also fit. Eventually converted it back as I have the wrong cylinder for a 507mm barrel and dont feel like pulling apart the box put in the matched cylinder




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users