6 replies to this topic

#1 Chromedragon

Chromedragon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:03 AM

Was out at Fort ord over the weekend of june 21st 2008

was running my KWA M4S for the second time on that field in about 3 months. gun had been flawless.

im running a 11.1 1500 mah lipo battery
i have made NO changes to the gun other than to ad a scope and a front grip.

i was playing about 15 min into the op had fired off about 500 rounds 1 mag change and then i hear a  zip and then the gun stops firing. no noise nothing when i pull the trigger.

i take it back to base pull the battery and find the fuse is burned through. It is a 15 am fuse i put in the only fuse i have a spare 20 amp from a CA gun that i own.  i test fire it  and hear and eave shorter high pitched zip and the 20 a fuse is now burned through.

i put the gun away and had our group airsmith take a look at it later at home in controled environment. he pulled the gear box out but did not crack it open and found the following items.

pics speak louder than words.

http://mail.google.c...1ab3a00418a9a75

Im going to call the Retailer i pick this gun up from AEX Santa clara and see if they can help me out.

other wise im hoping this gets noticed by the Support group for KWA and they give me shout via emai.

btw while this gun worked it was rock solid and consistant and was a terror on the field :-)

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:43 AM

I can't see the pictures, can you upload them to this thread?  Thanks!

#3 Chromedragon

Chromedragon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:41 AM

once more with feeling

here are the pictures thanks in advance for any help

Attached File  tonys_kwa.jpg   54.35K   32 downloads

Attached File  tonys_kwa_internalbit1.jpg   35.18K   30 downloads

Attached File  tonys_kwa_internalbit2.jpg   38.38K   41 downloads

Edited by Chromedragon, 23 June 2008 - 08:51 AM.

#4 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:51 AM

Do you see exposed wire on the 3rd picture? If it is then the negative wire got cut by the gears causing a short.

#5 jdegraff

jdegraff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:37 AM

I'm the afore-mentioned team airsmith.  It's hard to tell in that pic, but it's just some of the gear grease on that wire.  I didn't see any exposed wiring around the motor port, or anywhere else.  There are metal shavings sprayed around the inside of the box from either before or after the bearing grenaded and the spur gear went awry.  When I saw the blown bearing, I didn't want to go any further until Chrome talked to AEX and/or KWA.

The little bit in the last two pics was weird, too.  Didn't notice it right away (it was hard to see past the bearing failure ;) ) but the two parts seem to be connected or are different ends of the same piece.  Definitely doesn't seem like it should be where it is, :P  but there was no gearbox diagram on this site so I couldn't tell if this was a displaced anti-reversal latch release (of which feature I hadn't heard of this gun possessing), or some other broken internal part which might have caused the box seizure initially and then been displaced.

Jesse

Edited by jdegraff, 23 June 2008 - 10:36 AM.

#6 Chromedragon

Chromedragon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:54 PM

AEX Santa Clara is stating i am out side of there normal warenty period so i will have to pay to get them to  do anything to the gun. KWA has indicated they really want to see this so i will work with them to get it back to them as needed to get the gun back in shape. maybe this can be mutually benificial.  :rolleyes:

#7 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

View PostChromedragon, on Jun 23 2008, 12:54 PM, said:

AEX Santa Clara is stating i am out side of there normal warenty period so i will have to pay to get them to  do anything to the gun. KWA has indicated they really want to see this so i will work with them to get it back to them as needed to get the gun back in shape. maybe this can be mutually benificial.  :rolleyes:

thats good news!! I hope they have the same service in Asia.
good luck man!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users