3 replies to this topic

#1 bambink

bambink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft... Gas blow back rifle... Milsim... IDF

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

Hi guys.. Currently I'm living in indonesia so there is no authorized service center for my MP7.. I'm having 2 problems maybe you guys can help me out with this matter...
1. The bolt doesn't lock when the last bb fired... I have 2 magazine for my MP7, the 1 works fine, the bolt locks when the bb out, but the second mag doesn't
2. I think there is something in my 2nd magazine gas tank.. Sounds clink clink clink like a piece of metal inside tank when I shake it. Some one please telle how to disassemble the mags.. I to figure out what inside the gas mag.. Note : the mag doesn't leak, still works fine but doesn't lock when bb out
Guys please help me to get rid of this problems.. Your help is greatly appreciated... Cheers

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:53 AM

There is a metal "gas expansion" tube in all the gas magazines I've seen.  Part #206 or #226 in this magazine.

This is screwed to the baseplate and open on top in normal shooting position but pointing down when the magazine is inverted for filling.  Recall that the "gas" is really a liquid under pressure so this tube keeps an air pocket in the magazine when filling. Without the air pocket the liquid won't convert to a gas.  The tube can come loose (and has in a couple of my guns).  Requires removal of the base plate and re-screwing the tube into the base.  Knock out the two pins holding the baseplate to remove.  Note the follower spring will try to escape, etc.

Lock back on empty magazine is a follower function.  Compare your magazines for empty follower height and freedom of movement.  There is only a tiny bit of the follower that trips the slide lock in the MP7A1 so it's pretty critical it comes all the way up.   Check the follower when you remove the base plate (above).  There may be a manufacturing burr or debris preventing it from that last millimeter of movement.

-- Chuck

#3 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Also on the follower, make sure it is not deformed. The most common deformity is the metal deforming near the top of the follower lock. If this is warped due to the follower slamming into the top of the magazine then it will no longer travel all the way up when in the gun to trip the bolt stop.

#4 bambink

bambink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft... Gas blow back rifle... Milsim... IDF

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

View PostChuck S, on 19 January 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

There is a metal "gas expansion" tube in all the gas magazines I've seen.  Part #206 or #226 in this magazine.

This is screwed to the baseplate and open on top in normal shooting position but pointing down when the magazine is inverted for filling.  Recall that the "gas" is really a liquid under pressure so this tube keeps an air pocket in the magazine when filling. Without the air pocket the liquid won't convert to a gas.  The tube can come loose (and has in a couple of my guns).  Requires removal of the base plate and re-screwing the tube into the base.  Knock out the two pins holding the baseplate to remove.  Note the follower spring will try to escape, etc.

Lock back on empty magazine is a follower function.  Compare your magazines for empty follower height and freedom of movement.  There is only a tiny bit of the follower that trips the slide lock in the MP7A1 so it's pretty critical it comes all the way up.   Check the follower when you remove the base plate (above).  There may be a manufacturing burr or debris preventing it from that last millimeter of movement.

-- Chuck
Well thanks brother... now its works very fine,,,, thank for your help with the mags
But now i'm having more trouble:
1. Whan i cocked the gun the bolt locked back.
2. Simply i just release the bolt release... the bolt follows up..
3. But when i pull the trigger... all of the gas released from the mags, and the gun jammed.
So.. can you guys help me out with this matter?
Thanks in advance...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users