How to fix KWA USP if it is not taking in gas?

Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 IsaacRoo

IsaacRoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hello everyone,

My KWA USP was perfectly working until today, it only shoots 4 rounds per fill. I thought the mag might  leak at the first but I proved me wrong by putting it into water: no bubbles come out. It feels like the mag only takes little amount of gas in. What is wrong with it and how to fix it.

Thank you so much.

Isaac

Edited by IsaacRoo, 31 December 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#2 ToXiic45

ToXiic45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

First, make sure it's being filled straight up. Second, check to see if your gas can has adequate pressure. Lastly, see if it's just the mag by using a different mag if you have another. Try these things and update your results.

#3 IsaacRoo

IsaacRoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

【

Edited by IsaacRoo, 31 December 2013 - 11:10 PM.

#4 IsaacRoo

IsaacRoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostToXiic45, on 31 December 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

First, make sure it's being filled straight up. Second, check to see if your gas can has adequate pressure. Lastly, see if it's just the mag by using a different mag if you have another. Try these things and update your results.
Thank you ToXiic45, The gas can pressure is good because it is almost new and can fill up my WE 1911. I don't have a spare mag.
Normally while filling a mag I can hear the sound of gas filling (yes, straight up the can), but this time the sound lasts only few seconds and stopped.

Edited by IsaacRoo, 31 December 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#5 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:55 AM

Welcome to the world of gas guns, valves, and o-rings!  First thing I'd try is a fresh can of gas and inspection of the lil o-ring seal under the fill point.  Still bad?

Manually vent the gas from the empty magazine by pressing the release valve.  Did any vent?  A lot vent?  If a lot of gas comes out there's probably a problem in the pistol itself.  If no gas carefully disassemble and clean the magazine and valves.  (There should be instructions here, just look around.)  This will probably require tools you lack so order them -- and a spare magazine -- and be patient until they arrive.  :)

Try other solutions in the interim period.

-- Chuck

#6 IsaacRoo

IsaacRoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

Well, I think I may change this question into "If the mag is not taking in any gas, how should I fix it other than get a new one"? First thank you all who gave me suggestions above, now I can be 100% sure the problem is the mag itself. Any suggestions on where should I get start? Thank you. :clap:

Edited by IsaacRoo, 17 January 2014 - 09:36 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Question

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users