• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hm2opdoc

hm2opdoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

Okay here is what is going on. I was shooting my M9 last weekend, and then it just stopped.
I went to take the slide off and it would not let me. Now I know how to take the M9 apart. As I have been shooting them for some time. But this is getting odd. I cant even rack the slide to the back unless I realy use some force to do it.

Can some one help me here. As I would like to use this pistol again soon. Thanks

#2 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:22 PM

View Posthm2opdoc, on Aug 17 2008, 02:34 PM, said:

Okay here is what is going on. I was shooting my M9 last weekend, and then it just stopped.
I went to take the slide off and it would not let me. Now I know how to take the M9 apart. As I have been shooting them for some time. But this is getting odd. I cant even rack the slide to the back unless I realy use some force to do it.

Can some one help me here. As I would like to use this pistol again soon. Thanks

Looks like my M9 PTP had the same failure. I was practicing targets, 5 targets 5 shots each, and on the forth target, the shot did not happen, the slide was just moved back, and the gas valve stuck open, with gas spewing out till empty.

At that point the slide was stuck and I was not able to disassemble it, as the barrel locks (wings) seem not to be able to move down. I have another M9 (non PTP) and I can see the wings from the top move down, which then locks the outer barrel, as the slide move further back.

Is this possibly the same issue as reported in a previous thread with barrel locks (wings) as a defect?

Leo

#3 hm2opdoc

hm2opdoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:23 PM

This is sounding like the problem I am having. If some one could tell me how to fix this it would be great as I would love to use this Pistol again.

#4 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

Locking block is broken.  Mind also have the same problem.   I still haven't been able to remove the slide.  It's stuck at the moment.  I need to get it back to KWA and have someone else take a look at it.

#5 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:33 AM

View Postallizard, on Aug 18 2008, 09:57 PM, said:

Locking block is broken.  Mind also have the same problem.   I still haven't been able to remove the slide.  It's stuck at the moment.  I need to get it back to KWA and have someone else take a look at it.

I took it to the AEX store last night and they will look at it today. Hopefully they will be able to open it, as I could not see how to open it. I also think the locking block is broken, but it must be between it and the frame, as from the top I can see the wings and they look in good shape. It just that when the slide is pushed back, they do not drop.

Leo

#6 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:27 AM

View Postlpesce, on Aug 19 2008, 07:33 AM, said:

I took it to the AEX store last night and they will look at it today. Hopefully they will be able to open it, as I could not see how to open it. I also think the locking block is broken, but it must be between it and the frame, as from the top I can see the wings and they look in good shape. It just that when the slide is pushed back, they do not drop.

Leo

Saturday I got the M9 back from the store. They confirmed that it was the locking block that broke. I was not able to see the piece so I cannot tell how it broke, but AEX just received a bag of locking blocks as they have received a number of M9s back from customers with the same problem.

Now mine works just fine.  :)

And I am waiting for the other 2 I sent to KWA (the 1911 and USP), which should be here tomorrow.
Cheers
Leo

#7 hm2opdoc

hm2opdoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

Well it is looking like I will have to take mine in to get it fixed. You would think that they would fix this free of charge including paying for shipping both ways. That is KWA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users