#61 Grindstone

Grindstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:23 AM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 22 December 2011 - 07:33 PM, said:

There is always a FPS variance when it comes to releasing Green Gas from a magazine. It is more of a question of consistency, which we did not test because the prototype version is not a finished product or production sample.
I should rephrase it: How wide is the FPS variance?
My PTP starts at 360 and goes down to 295 on the last (24th) shot, indoors.

Edited by Grindstone, 23 December 2011 - 06:27 AM.

#62 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

that also depend how fast you are pulling the trigger between the shot.

#63 yellowjournalism

yellowjournalism

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:01 AM

Will the Magpul lower receiver be compatible with the Magpul BAD lever?

As far as I can tell the PTS receiver is based on the "B" series limited run Magpul lower, which does not feature ambi controls, and has protrusions near the trigger area that seem to prevent the operation of a BAD lever.

Really looking forward to buying the LM4 this month!

#64 Grindstone

Grindstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:25 AM

View Postyellowjournalism, on 03 January 2012 - 05:01 AM, said:

Really looking forward to buying the LM4 this month!

Ok KWA, it's January 2012.. Where is it already?!?!?

You know I'm just kidding...

#65 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

Soon.... have patience.  Little Chinese elves have been working feverishly putting the guns together. :tsuki:

Besides, two more weeks to Shot Show.  Don't you want to wait and see what else is new?!

#66 yellowjournalism

yellowjournalism

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

Allizard can you confirm if the Magpul lower is compatible with the BAD lever? I'm already planning out builds.. I was going to get the vanilla LM4 but if the Magpul can take a BAD lever I might consider it.

#67 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostAllizard, on 03 January 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

Soon.... have patience.  Little Chinese elves have been working feverishly putting the guns together. :tsuki:

Besides, two more weeks to Shot Show.  Don't you want to wait and see what else is new?!
This. Made. My. Day.
oh and also, aren't they little taiwanese elves, since these guns are made in taiwan?

Edited by Outlaw1995, 03 January 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#68 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,591 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 03 January 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

This. Made. My. Day.
oh and also, aren't they little taiwanese elves, since these guns are made in taiwan?
Day workers?

#69 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 03 January 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

This. Made. My. Day.

Good point.  Although Taiwanese elves originally comes from China.  But you know that already. :blinded:

#70 yellowjournalism

yellowjournalism

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

Interesting. Everyone is fascinated by these magical elves and no one wants to know or say if the Magpul lower receiver will accept a BAD lever. Maybe because they think it's a silly question? Of course Magpul products would work with everything Magpul... right?

Well, maybe I should be perfectly clear and explain why this is a legitimate question.

To make a pretty long story short, Magpul released a very limited run (~800) of billet lower receivers in 2008 in 3 configurations:
Series A: ambidextrous controls (Norgon/POF)
Series B: no ambi controls
Series C: no ambi controls, custom rollmarks (given to friends/family of Magpul)

Then the BAD lever is developed AFTERWARDS in 2009. And no one ever gave any thought to compatibility with the lowers since most were Series A and already had ambi controls, and the entire run was very limited (some of these go for thousands of dollars on gunbroker)

Airsofters get the Series B style lower from G&P/Prime/PTS, which is what the KWA's are clearly shipping with.

Now the issue with the MPLs (Magpul Lowers) is that they have protrusions in the trigger area which are presumably finger rests for stowing your trigger finger when not firing. This protrusion is directly where the BAD lever travels and could potentially interfere with its operation. In fact here is someone saying that their airsoft MPLB is NOT accepting a BAD lever: http://www.airsoftso...oes-work-13705/

So, have any of you guys at KWA tried fitting a lever to one?

Edited by yellowjournalism, 03 January 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#71 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

The quick answer is NO.  we have not tried to fit one.  On the other hand, fitting a BAD lever is not part of the requirement from Magpul.  Otherwise they would have send us a sample.

#72 yellowjournalism

yellowjournalism

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

Someone else says it DOES fit here http://www.gasguns.i...&p=61520#p61520

So I guess we'll see, if anyone happens to have a magpul lower and a BAD lever please chime in!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users