KWA MP7 Magazines

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Beholder_*

Guest_Beholder_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

I am seriously considering buy this bad boy, but I want to make a sure I know a bit about this gun.

1) How much do you think the magazines will cost?
2) Are we going to see 60-80 round magazines in the future? (I know the 48 is the high-cap as of now.)

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:13 AM

Welcome to the forum.

The MSRP for the MP7 magazine is $64.95. Actual retail price will vary between resellers.  Currently, there are no plans for a hi-cap magazine.

#3 Guest_Beholder_*

Guest_Beholder_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

View PostRadix, on 13 July 2009 - 06:13 AM, said:

Welcome to the forum.

The MSRP for the MP7 magazine is $64.95. Actual retail price will vary between resellers.  Currently, there are no plans for a hi-cap magazine.
Thank you for the welcome and the answer. I am assuming the clip contains the gas? And any estimate on how long a full tank would last?

#4 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

Yes the clip also contains the gas.  2 major variables determine the efficiency of the magazine, outside temperature and operating temperature.  In a ideal situation (77F+, and in semi mode) one full charge should be enough for 2 full clips. :)

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

View PostBeholder, on 13 July 2009 - 09:27 AM, said:

Thank you for the welcome and the answer. I am assuming the clip contains the gas? And any estimate on how long a full tank would last?

Magazine does contain gas.  

Your question does not have an easy answer as the properties of GAS changed with temperature.  It also depends when you are firing semi only, burst or full auto.  I can only say on average you will dispense all ammo's with one charge.  However, like Radix said.  Within optimal operating condition, you should get 2 mags out of one charge using semi only with a sec pause in between.

Keep in mind, rapid firing release more gas into the chamber and the more gas let out, the cooler the magazine will get.  Thus it will drop the efficiency of the mag.

#6 Guest_Beholder_*

Guest_Beholder_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

View Postallizard, on 13 July 2009 - 10:10 AM, said:

Magazine does contain gas.  

Your question does not have an easy answer as the properties of GAS changed with temperature.  It also depends when you are firing semi only, burst or full auto.  I can only say on average you will dispense all ammo's with one charge.  However, like Radix said.  Within optimal operating condition, you should get 2 mags out of one charge using semi only with a sec pause in between.

Keep in mind, rapid firing release more gas into the chamber and the more gas let out, the cooler the magazine will get.  Thus it will drop the efficiency of the mag.
I should of have been more specific. Thank you for your descriptive answer.

#7 Guest_Baron_*

Guest_Baron_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:53 PM

Any word on price of the magazines which are flush with the pistol grip?

#8 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:10 AM

View PostBaron, on 20 August 2009 - 06:53 PM, said:

Any word on price of the magazines which are flush with the pistol grip?

Pricing for the short mag will be available when product ships later this year.

#9 Guest_Baron_*

Guest_Baron_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:43 AM

Do the two magazines have the same release date or is one coming out earlier?

#10 4ss4ssin

4ss4ssin

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:14 PM

aww man...i want a hicap so i can spray fools. 20 round would be cool but not practical for this gun. at least not the airsoft version

#11 Xaelk

Xaelk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

View Post4ss4ssin, on 06 November 2009 - 07:14 PM, said:

aww man...i want a hicap so i can spray fools. 20 round would be cool but not practical for this gun. at least not the airsoft version

i think 20 rnd magazines are ideal when the gun is holstered. if i were a sniper using this gun only as a secondary, i would want the lowest profile possible. the 20 rnd mags help to acheive this.

a drum mag for one of the smgs would be amazing. especially the m11a1, as fast as it shoots  :)

ooh a design like this would be cool:

http://www.gotavapen.../cbj/cbj_ms.htm

see the LSW configuration (the one on the right of the first picture) for the drum design i believe to be ideal. low profile with potential for high capacity  :gun:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users