Jump to content


What brand of midcaps should I purchase?


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:51 AM

I was thinking G&G since I know they work, but I don't like the fact the hold only 79 and there is only 5 mags in the set.  (it costs 65 bucks too)  

MAG midcaps usually don't work do they?

I want to get a box of them, but I don't know which brand I should get.

thanks

#2 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:00 AM

View PostStealthmaster14, on Aug 13 2008, 10:51 AM, said:

I was thinking G&G since I know they work, but I don't like the fact the hold only 79 and there is only 5 mags in the set.  (it costs 65 bucks too)  

MAG midcaps usually don't work do they?

I want to get a box of them, but I don't know which brand I should get.

thanks



why not just get the orig KWA mag and make it work like a mid cap? you know the concept don't you?

#3 GEEBS

GEEBS

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa, FL

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

I was in the same boat.  I'd rather carry more midcaps than wind hicaps every trigger pull.  I purchased the following from Airsoft GI... decent capacity, perfect fit (not tight and no wobble), reliable,  and very sturdy design.  I load 'em up to about 150 vs. 160 to avoid jams.  Also, I've added the magpul magazine accessory to help speed up the process of changing out mags during games.

http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=2985

#4 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:50 PM

View PostkarMeister, on Aug 13 2008, 12:00 PM, said:

why not just get the orig KWA mag and make it work like a mid cap? you know the concept don't you?
I'm not sure what you mean........  

My team is switching to mid caps soon because we are sick of waiting for people to empty a high cap so we can rush the fort.  The team leader claims that some fields don't allow high caps.

View PostGEEBS, on Aug 13 2008, 03:06 PM, said:

I was in the same boat.  I'd rather carry more midcaps than wind hicaps every trigger pull.  I purchased the following from Airsoft GI... decent capacity, perfect fit (not tight and no wobble), reliable,  and very sturdy design.  I load 'em up to about 150 vs. 160 to avoid jams.  Also, I've added the magpul magazine accessory to help speed up the process of changing out mags during games.

http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=2985

I guess I'll pick up 4 of those.  Are they made of metal?  You do have a KWA M4 right?  (just want to make sure lol)

So with my high cap and 4 of those, I'll have 1000 rounds.  Which is more than plenty (that will last me several games lol)

thanks for the help guys

Edited by Stealthmaster14, 13 August 2008 - 03:51 PM.


#5 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

View PostStealthmaster14, on Aug 13 2008, 06:50 PM, said:

I'm not sure what you mean........  

My team is switching to mid caps soon because we are sick of waiting for people to empty a high cap so we can rush the fort.  The team leader claims that some fields don't allow high caps.



I guess I'll pick up 4 of those.  Are they made of metal?  You do have a KWA M4 right?  (just want to make sure lol)

So with my high cap and 4 of those, I'll have 1000 rounds.  Which is more than plenty (that will last me several games lol)

thanks for the help guys

I found a midcap set. It confirmed that they work and fit "perfectly" on the 3rd party list and they are KILLER cheap. Scroll down a little to the King Arms 120 rd midcaps. There are also some 85 rd VN style midcaps for you people who like the look of a VN style magazines *me*  :lol:

http://www.dentrinit...?...pg=3&rpp=10

I have no idea how much shipping is, and you have to have a paypal, but I am ordering 10 for a price cheaper than the MAG midcaps  :lol:

#6 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:38 PM

thanks, but.....I have never heard of this site.....

My mom would really be pissed if her credit card number got jacked lol

#7 GEEBS

GEEBS

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa, FL

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:59 PM

View PostStealthmaster14, on Aug 13 2008, 07:50 PM, said:

I'm not sure what you mean........  

My team is switching to mid caps soon because we are sick of waiting for people to empty a high cap so we can rush the fort.  The team leader claims that some fields don't allow high caps.



I guess I'll pick up 4 of those.  Are they made of metal?  You do have a KWA M4 right?  (just want to make sure lol)

So with my high cap and 4 of those, I'll have 1000 rounds.  Which is more than plenty (that will last me several games lol)

thanks for the help guys

What I meant to say was I too wasn't sure of what brand of midcaps to purchase.  You can't go wrong with the S. Arms midcaps, there are made of metal.  I have a KM4S Tactical and love it.  Also, looks like you guys are waiting too long to invade the "fort".. if played right you guys should be rushing it all the time!

Edited by GEEBS, 13 August 2008 - 06:01 PM.


#8 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:24 PM

Well considering the fort is a tower made of wood..........not much you can do.  And to get into the tower, you have to walk up stairs.  No one really wants to do that with 400+ fps guns pointing at you lol

thanks for the info guys, I'll get the S. Arms

thanks again

Edited by Stealthmaster14, 14 August 2008 - 01:24 PM.


#9 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

View PostStealthmaster14, on Aug 13 2008, 08:38 PM, said:

thanks, but.....I have never heard of this site.....

My mom would really be pissed if her credit card number got jacked lol

Your credit card can't get jacked with a Paypal  :lol:

I'll try it out and tell you people. :)

#10 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

Well the KA mags are pretty expensive, so I'm going to go with the S Arms midcaps

Edited by Stealthmaster14, 14 August 2008 - 04:20 PM.


#11 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

View PostStealthmaster14, on Aug 14 2008, 07:20 PM, said:

Well the KA mags are pretty expensive, so I'm going to go with the S Arms midcaps

Dude did you get my link?

5 for $22 !

That is a LOT cheaper than $15 a mag :lol:

But it's your choise.

As I said earlier, I will try it out and see how they are and how long it takes for them to get to me.

Edited by brooklyn468, 14 August 2008 - 04:27 PM.


#12 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:56 PM

oh wow lol

I didn't read the description, I thought it was 22 bucks for one mag.

Yeah if you could let me know how they feed, how they fit, and how the retailer was that would be great.

thanks man

#13 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:41 AM

Quote

I'm not sure what you mean........

on your KWA 350rd mag:

34 + 5 + Y = X

in your case 34+5+60 = 99

Y = the number of rounds you want
X = total number of bbs you put in the mag.


Just curious...why would you like midcaps or lowcaps on a low FPS  with high ROF KWA gun? lol!

Edited by karMeister, 15 August 2008 - 12:44 AM.


#14 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:18 AM

not sure what you mean by the low fps..........


Also, high caps don't feed all the bbs.  (unless the KWA mag is magic)

#15 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:05 AM

View PostStealthmaster14, on Aug 15 2008, 01:18 AM, said:

not sure what you mean by the low fps..........


Also, high caps don't feed all the bbs.  (unless the KWA mag is magic)


450 Below = LOW FPS But high ROF.
520 = Average
600+ = Max or Gas

Well atleast thats how it is here. The US has its laws regulating airsoft FPS for "safety" reasons.

Read my post again. Thats exactly why you need 39 BBs more (34 to fill the wind and 5 to fill till the hop chamber) to push the 60 BBs out of the mag. So is the KWA mag "magic"?  No...you jst have to think.

Edited by karMeister, 15 August 2008 - 06:13 AM.


#16 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:San Francisco, CA

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:35 AM

I vote for S Arms.  Performed better than my G&G midcaps.

#17 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:33 PM

View PostkarMeister, on Aug 15 2008, 07:05 AM, said:

450 Below = LOW FPS But high ROF.
520 = Average
600+ = Max or Gas

Well atleast thats how it is here. The US has its laws regulating airsoft FPS for "safety" reasons.

Read my post again. Thats exactly why you need 39 BBs more (34 to fill the wind and 5 to fill till the hop chamber) to push the 60 BBs out of the mag. So is the KWA mag "magic"?  No...you jst have to think.

Up hear in the north :lol: we have to have it under 500fps if we dont have a fire arms license, but it doesnt really matter anyways cause no one around me knows what a gun is >_>

#18 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:24 AM

View Postvic_man4, on Aug 18 2008, 05:33 PM, said:

Up hear in the north :lol: we have to have it under 500fps if we dont have a fire arms license, but it doesnt really matter anyways cause no one around me knows what a gun is >_>


We also have that license and PTT thing going on. Its a pain for people who have half a dozen aegs or more.  :(  

Its getting to be more of a proffession than a hobby  :huh:

#19 Shmoogly3

Shmoogly3

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Interests:Outdoor inthusiest
    Airsofting
    Martial arts
    Cycling
    Hiking
  • Country:

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:09 PM

View PostkarMeister, on Aug 22 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

We also have that license and PTT thing going on. Its a pain for people who have half a dozen aegs or more.  :(  

Its getting to be more of a proffession than a hobby  :huh:

I bought two s-arms mags when i bought my first aeg. None of them fit into my kwa m4 cqb's magwell I had to grind down all four sides. The make of them is probably one of the best mid caps though, it feeds just as good as the g&p 130 rd magazines and the metal body of it is better then the g&p metal mid cap. The only bad thing is that the spring they put in it is too strong, so you really can't load the mag with a full 160 bbs, instead the maximum amount with no jams would be like 145-150 bbs. Still highest quantity midcap around! Don't go by what just what I said on how the mags are too big, the magwell of my gun could have been made like 2mm's too small. These mags are awesome and I still suggest buying a few, but if you also buy the 8 pack of 100rd Mag brand midcaps, these are great clips and there is no reason not to buy them except that they are made of plastic. Even being plastic they are pretty durable. BUY THESE TOO!

#20 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:16 PM

most of the time, mag midcaps don't fit or don't feed in KWAs




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users