• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BabyThor

BabyThor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

One of the things I love the most about full auto gas blow backs is the feeling of emptying an entire magazine on full auto.  My KMP9 is barely two weeks old, and when I try to empty the magazine, it misfires at least twice.  It isn't a huge issue, but I expect more out of KWA.  Any thoughts on this problem?

#2 Gun487

Gun487

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

You mean "Misfire" by no bb being loaded but gas expelled? It could be your loading nozzle. Frozen. How much did you fire the gun before hand?

#3 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:FPS limit? What's that?

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

Yea I guess he meant that no Bb is being loaded I'm having the same problem....also when I fire in full auto the gun stutters like the bolt doesn't go back all the way any ideas how to fix?? my gun is less than 5 days old and it's doing this.

#4 BabyThor

BabyThor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

Gun487, on 21 September 2010 - 03:24 PM, said:

You mean "Misfire" by no bb being loaded but gas expelled? It could be your loading nozzle. Frozen. How much did you fire the gun before hand?

Yeah, that's what I meant.  So you think the nozzle is freezing up?  I did fire it quite a bit that day, so you may be on to something.

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:03 AM

gas blowbacks (especially automatic gas blowbacks) use a lot of gas per shot, a continuous long cycle can freeze parts of the gun or magazine making it dysfunction or inoperable.

It happens on real guns when they get too hot.

#6 MatthewTyson

MatthewTyson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

Hrmm....did you clean the gun when you first got it?

#7 BabyThor

BabyThor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:41 PM

Spiggy, on 27 September 2010 - 11:03 AM, said:

gas blowbacks (especially automatic gas blowbacks) use a lot of gas per shot, a continuous long cycle can freeze parts of the gun or magazine making it dysfunction or inoperable.

It happens on real guns when they get too hot.

So can I not expect to be able to empty the entire magazine in one go?  I just tried it when the gun was completely fresh and the same thing happened.  And no, I did not clean it when I first got it, but I did after I noticed it was misfiring.

#8 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:37 AM

Has the gun been modified?!! NPAS kit maybe?!!

#9 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

BabyThor, on 02 October 2010 - 09:41 PM, said:

So can I not expect to be able to empty the entire magazine in one go?  I just tried it when the gun was completely fresh and the same thing happened.  And no, I did not clean it when I first got it, but I did after I noticed it was misfiring.
Not saying you can't, but you're really not supposed to.

Remember, you're emptying nearly 50 rounds in about 3 seconds.  

Plus, if you look at the movies, badguys always do this and they get killed or captured because the gun's out of ammo.

#10 sinoxp

sinoxp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:50 PM

Hey! My 1 week old KMP9 has the same problem; it misfires sporadically regardless of firing on auto or semi. After opening it up and looking around I think it has something to do with part #151. When the part is not fully forward when cocked, the trigger does not engage the hammer. I have yet to figure out a fix but by moving the bolt forward when the gun doesn't fire the part somehow engages the trigger mechanism, thus you're able to fire again. Hope this helps.

#11 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

if you are within the US region, you can send it in and have it inspected and repaired.

#12 BabyThor

BabyThor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

allizard, on 04 October 2010 - 10:37 AM, said:

Has the gun been modified?!! NPAS kit maybe?!!

No, it's stock.  I don't see any reason to modify KWA guns, since they kick so much a** as it is.  It's still within the 45 days too, so I'm probably going to send it in.  Lately I've noticed it hiccuping when I'm not trying to empty the magazine too.  And yes, it has been well lubed.

#13 sinoxp

sinoxp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:39 AM

How is the service with sending it back? I'm quite hesitant because now that I finally have the gun, I wouldn't want to wait another month till I see her again.

#14 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:35 AM

BabyThor, on 04 October 2010 - 06:03 PM, said:

No, it's stock.  I don't see any reason to modify KWA guns, since they kick so much a** as it is.  It's still within the 45 days too, so I'm probably going to send it in.  Lately I've noticed it hiccuping when I'm not trying to empty the magazine too.  And yes, it has been well lubed.

Actually, NPAS is not an upgrade.  It's a downgrade by limiting the amount of gas to lower FPS.  Basically a Nerf mod.  
Reason I asked is these NPAS kit can damage the cylinder.  In any case, send it in have us take a look.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users