I guess ATP's arent very popular or easy to fix.........

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Seeing as i have been having trouble with my atp i figured i would post a thread asking for some assistance.  Its been a while and no repsonse. Looking at other peoples threads they also go unanswered.  I know i have posted in other threads about my other kwa guns and have always got quick responses and 99% of the time it fixed my issue.  I guess its either nobody knows how to fix ATP's or just nobody knows anything about them.  I was really hoping to get my issue resolved but i guess ATP's  are very popular.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

View PostIcurblud, on 10 June 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

Seeing as i have been having trouble with my atp i figured i would post a thread asking for some assistance.  Its been a while and no repsonse. Looking at other peoples threads they also go unanswered.  I know i have posted in other threads about my other kwa guns and have always got quick responses and 99% of the time it fixed my issue.  I guess its either nobody knows how to fix ATP's or just nobody knows anything about them.  I was really hoping to get my issue resolved but i guess ATP's  are very popular.
Sorry you didn't get a helpful response.  What is the issue?

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:41 AM

KWA will fix the gun.  Contact them regarding repair. Might as well get it fixed right.

-- Chuck

#4 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

I agree sending it to KWA it will be fixed the right way.   Its i like to work on them as well.  Since 50 people read my thread and i got no response i decided to order the parts and see if i can fix myself.  The gun would soft strike every other shot.  Not exaclty every other but alot.  THe blowback was real soft and then out of the blue it would blowback hard.  I also was having an issue with the trigger.  Sometimes i would have to pull the trigger a few times.   So i went ahead and order all the parts in the trigger box.  The only thing i couldnt get was 1 spring which i assume was out of stock.  But i know my spring was still good and tight.   I got all my parts on Saturday and installed them that night.  KWA made a  mistake and sent me 1 wrong part.  I was supposed to get part 24 which was the hammer block and in the bag marked 24 was this small piece of metal.  Clearly not the hammer block.  SO i just loged a ticket to get that exchanged.  So the gun is all back together and i still dont think it has the kick as a GBB should have, but its firing all rounds.   I am going to order a new piston head and air nozzle as well as a fill valve and release valve for 1 of my mags.  1 mag i dont think fills correctly as i only get off a few shots.  When filling, i can hear about 4-5 seconds of gas going in the mag which i dont think is enough. My other mag is fine and fires all rounds.   So all in all i think the gun is good, just want to tighten up the gas consumption with a new piston head and air nozzle.  Then see if i can get my other mag fixed with new valves  

I was just supprised 50 people opened my thread in the ATP section but nobody had any tips..  I even posted a video on what it was doing at the time.

#5 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

Alright I replaced just about everything in the gun and it's still not 100%.  When firing rounds the gun just doesn't have a good kick (blowback).  But every once and a while it does.  90% of the time it's a soft blowback and then 10% it kicks hard.   To name a few things that I did not replace, the recoil spring and rod, outer/ inner barrel.  Does this with the new nozzle, main piston seal, gas release valve and inlet valve on the mag.  These problems happen with both of my mags.   Please anyone with this issue of a soft blowback.

Edited by Icurblud, 21 June 2014 - 04:59 AM.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

View PostIcurblud, on 20 June 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Alright I replaced just about everything in the gun and it's still not 100%.  When firing rounds the gun just doesn't have a good kick (blowback).  But every once and a while it does.  90% of the time it's a soft blowback and then 10% it kicks hard.   To name a few things that I did not replace, the recoil spring and rod, outer/ inner barrel.  Does this with the new nozzle, main piston seal, gas release valve and inlet valve on the mag.  These problems happen with both of my mags.   Please anyone with this issue of a soft blowback.
Did you replace the impact block #18 and hammer spring #68?  Also, how hot is where you are?

#7 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

I ordered and replaced every part in the back of the gun.  As well as the trigger bar and spring.    With that not fixing the issue I went ahead and ordered the parts for compression.  So I replaced the bucking, and main seal ( piston head).  Then for 1 of my mags I bought a new inlet valve and a new release valve.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostIcurblud, on 22 June 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

I ordered and replaced every part in the back of the gun.  As well as the trigger bar and spring. With that not fixing the issue I went ahead and ordered the parts for compression.  So I replaced the bucking, and main seal ( piston head).  Then for 1 of my mags I bought a new inlet valve and a new release valve.
How about the trigger transfer bar?  What is it chronoing at and is the FPS consistent?  And ir it really hot where you are?  In some cases, in a hot environment, the pressure inside the mag prevents proper gas release causing short or weak cycling

#9 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

Trigger transfer bar and spring were changed as well.  You ask if its hot.  I live in PA, right next to you in New Jersey.  So as of right now weather has been great.  As you know not hot at all.   It is chronoing a consistant 300-310ish.  Give or take a few.

#10 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

My ATP has the least recoil of all my pistols, normal. Have shot other ATPs, same. Have shot one with a upgraded recoil and hammer spring, felt better. Still nowwhere near the recoil of my USP or  KJW 1911. Airsoft Atlanta has the 150% and a standard steel recoil spring assy. I use propane now that warr is up, crono 330 with .28s (no upgrades).

Edited by Larry, 22 June 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

View PostIcurblud, on 22 June 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Trigger transfer bar and spring were changed as well.  You ask if its hot.  I live in PA, right next to you in New Jersey.  So as of right now weather has been great.  As you know not hot at all.   It is chronoing a consistant 300-310ish.  Give or take a few.
Definitely not the weather.  I though I had read you used a 150% recoil spring?  Have you?  If not, that will give you a nice boost and may be the answer to your issue.  I use it and have aver crisp cycle.  I use the one by Element/Matrix.

#12 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

I took the recoil spring and rod out of my We M18 since the dementions are exactly the same fits perfect.  Feeling the spring on that and compairing it to the Atp the we recoil spring is heavier.  That is from what i can tell just by pulling them back.   Non the less it didnt make a difference.  Shot the same.   When i think about what a recoil spring does, once the blowback pulls the slide back the recoil spring will push the slide forward faster when using a 150% or more spring.  I dont believe that is my issue because i dont believe the slide pulls back as far when its has the soft blowback.  So i dont believe that will help becasue i dont want to slow the slide from comming back any more than it is.  Is it  possible the hammer, part number 16 is dragging on the blowback unit? Thus slowing it down and not having a hard recoil?

Larry i agree that the ATP doesnt have a hard kick even when working properly.  My KWA M9 kicks hard and is a work horse. Love that gun...   I use propane in the gun and it doesnt matter whether its green gas or propane still shoots around 300-310ish.

Dont know why it says M18 above.  I tried a few times to edit it but it just wont take.  I took the recoil rod and spring from my Glock M18, no a M18.

Edited by Icurblud, 23 June 2014 - 04:16 PM.

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostIcurblud, on 22 June 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

I took the recoil spring and rod out of my We M18 since the dementions are exactly the same fits perfect.  Feeling the spring on that and compairing it to the Atp the we recoil spring is heavier.  That is from what i can tell just by pulling them back.   Non the less it didnt make a difference.  Shot the same.   When i think about what a recoil spring does, once the blowback pulls the slide back the recoil spring will push the slide forward faster when using a 150% or more spring.  I dont believe that is my issue because i dont believe the slide pulls back as far when its has the soft blowback.  So i dont believe that will help becasue i dont want to slow the slide from comming back any more than it is.  Is it  possible the hammer, part number 16 is dragging on the blowback unit? Thus slowing it down and not having a hard recoil?

Larry i agree that the ATP doesnt have a hard kick even when working properly.  My KWA M9 kicks hard and is a work horse. Love that gun...   I use propane in the gun and it doesnt matter whether its green gas or propane still shoots around 300-310ish.

Dont know why it says M18 above.  I tried a few times to edit it but it just wont take.  I took the recoil rod and spring from my Glock M18, no a M18.
The Forum auto edits from "G" to "M".  It's a trade mark thing put in place a very long time ago.

I agree that with the stock ATP the recoil is a bit anemic.  I added the M17 Element enhanced rod to my gen 1 (along with the updated trigger and trigger transfer bar) and recoil spring. Now the recoil is very nice.  Niko did the same and his gun recoils nicely by all accounts.

Does the slide rack to the rear enough to lock in place with an empty (no BBs) mag?  If so, then the recoil spring isn't slowing the rearward travel to any significant degree.  So long as the slide goes back to the point where it will lock, then you can add a stronger recoil spring.  This should help assuming you are not at that limit now.

Regarding the hammer dragging, can you post a picture of it cocked and we can give you an opinion.

Hope this helps

#14 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

It does lock back on after last round fired.  So it is blowing back all the way.  But when firing there is a few weak blow backs and then a few hard ones. So I know it should blowback more than it is.

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostIcurblud, on 24 June 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

It does lock back on after last round fired.  So it is blowing back all the way.  But when firing there is a few weak blow backs and then a few hard ones. So I know it should blowback more than it is.
Does it act the same with more than one/multiple mags?

#16 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

I have 2 mags. One of the mags I bought a new fill and release valve.  That didn't help.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Icurblud, 24 June 2014 - 05:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users