#1 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:FPS limit? What's that?

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

Hey you guys I just recently purchased a KWA KMP9 NS2 and I've been having problems the very day I bought it. I believe something is wrong with the hop up bucking because the bbs jam. I assure you it's not the quality of the bbs I use only high grade precision bbs. I use them on all my AEGS and GBBS and never had a problem. I have bought different bbs to check if it was the bbs I use but the problem persists. I have cleaned the inner barrel to check for any dirt but again the problem persists. I have dry fired the GBB by locking the spring on the magazine and every shot sounds different like the piston hits against the hopup bucking also ...when I turn the hopup up or down is the whole hopup up bucking suppose to turn with it? Because that's where I believe my problem is...also the hop up bucking looks like it's sticking out a little because the feeding ramp touches the bucking it actually squishes it..that's where I believe my problem lies...also I tried lubing the hopup bucking and it does fire bbs but at 290fps with .20gs.... So I need to find out how to disassemble the barrel casting which contains the hop up and barrel to replace the hop up bucking.. If anyone can help ...that will be great!!

#2 Gun487

Gun487

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:12 AM

Have you tried no hop? Ive heard some people with problems if the hop is too high or too low.

#3 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:19 AM

Yea I have tried no hop up and everything in between but what's my real concern is that the hopup bucking moves left or right when I adjust the hop up.... This causes the Bb to significantly shoot to the left if my hopup is on or to the right if my hop up is off and it's still shooting at 290fps. So I just need to know how to get the hop up out off of the barrel so does anyone know how to?

#4 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:09 PM

your hop up bucking probably swelled up. Too much silicone oil absorbed.

#5 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:08 PM

So what should I do leave it alone to dry or something?

#6 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

you can take the hop up bucking and wash it off with detergent soap. KWA or KSC bucking tends to absorb silicone oil quickly. Or get a new bucking, KWA gbb works well when their hop up bucking are dry. That's what I notice with all their GBB.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

View Postcjboi, on 24 September 2010 - 05:32 PM, said:

you can take the hop up bucking and wash it off with detergent soap. KWA or KSC bucking tends to absorb silicone oil quickly. Or get a new bucking, KWA gbb works well when their hop up bucking are dry. That's what I notice with all their GBB.

FYI, it's the same with the AEG buckings too.:gun:

#8 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

View Postgcw360, on 24 September 2010 - 05:59 PM, said:

FYI, it's the same with the AEG buckings too.:gun:

ya that too... I never had the KWA AEG's that's why hehehe

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:27 PM

View Postcjboi, on 24 September 2010 - 06:27 PM, said:

ya that too... I never had the KWA AEG's that's why hehehe

Feed the need...time to buy one!:gun:

#10 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

Okay so how do I take out the bucking?

#11 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:59 AM

you need to extract the outer barrel assembly as described in the maintenance takedown portion of the handler's manual.

Then you remove the single set screw.  The inner barrel should be driven out on a sizable punch block with a tapered plastic punch.  

once the inner barrel/hopup is extracted, you remove the C-Clip and the adjuster part (#91) slides off.  Watch out for the ball bearing, don't lose it.

#12 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:52 PM

Thanks man it worked!! I got the hop up bucking out and washed it. The problem was that the bucking was not in the correct position and caused the nozzle to hit against the bucking early and that's what lowered my fps now it's back to 380-400 fps thanks man really appreciate the help!

#13 cjboi

cjboi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:31 AM

NP.... that's why buy KWA gbb, if something goes wrong you can always ask people around here. They'll be happy to help you :D

#14 msterne

msterne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

I got the kmp9 from a friend, and have gotten all the problems sorted out besides the swollen bucking (causing the bb to shoot straight up about 40 feet at no hop setting). Ive gotten the little metal ball and the c clip out of the hop up but the adjuster (piece 91) wont slide off. Is it because it is too swollen? Also, i ran the inner barrel and hop up under hot water and cleaned with soap, but it barely helped. I want to clean just the bucking, and maybe buy a new one entirely.

Any help would be great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users