• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cdrridg

Cdrridg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

I got my MK 2 just over a month ago. The problem I am having is thE rubber part at the breech is not letting the bbs fire. It holds them in place and I can actually push a whole mag into the barrel and nothing fires. The pistol gas system appears to be functioning properly, just the rubber bit is holding on too tight. What do I need to do to solve this issue?  I have the hop turned all the way down and the gun is well lubes and clean.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

Are you referring to the bucking?  The bucking has swelled, presumably due to over lubrication form the introduction of silicone, it can prevent the bb's from going down the barrel.  If the bucking is swelled the best thing to do is replace it.

So the question is did you lube the bucking and if so with what and how much? :gun:

#3 Cdrridg

Cdrridg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:05 PM

View Postgcw360, on 19 March 2011 - 01:02 PM, said:

Are you referring to the bucking?  The bucking has swelled, presumably due to over lubrication form the introduction of silicone, it can prevent the bb's from going down the barrel.  If the bucking is swelled the best thing to do is replace it.

So the question is did you lube the bucking and if so with what and how much? :gun:

If the bucking is the little rubber bit that's part of the hop up - then yes - I lubed it with silicone - sounds like that is not a good thing - so I suppose I need to get a new little rubber bucky ;o)

Edited by Cdrridg, 19 March 2011 - 03:05 PM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

That's your best bet.  The bucking should stay dry to avoid swelling and to allow it to work properly by creating backspin in the BB.:gun:

#5 Cdrridg

Cdrridg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

View Postgcw360, on 19 March 2011 - 03:48 PM, said:

That's your best bet.  The bucking should stay dry to avoid swelling and to allow it to work properly by creating backspin in the BB.:gun:

So where can I get this part - also what is the difficulty level for installation?

#6 Cdrridg

Cdrridg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

So I got in touch with the very nice sales people - they are sending me TWO bucking parts (just in case ;)

I downloaded the schematic for the pistol - figured out how to take the hopup apart and how it all goes back together. Should have the new bucking in hand by this weekend or early next week. Appreciate the information and it looks like i will be back up and running soon :)

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

View PostCdrridg, on 22 March 2011 - 10:22 AM, said:

So I got in touch with the very nice sales people - they are sending me TWO bucking parts (just in case ;)

I downloaded the schematic for the pistol - figured out how to take the hopup apart and how it all goes back together. Should have the new bucking in hand by this weekend or early next week. Appreciate the information and it looks like i will be back up and running soon :)
That's awesome.  Let us know how the install goes and let us know of the results. :gun:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users