• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iwamofo

iwamofo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Would changing the atp bucking to a reaps bucking void the warranty?  I didn't get myself an answer reading the warranty page on this site.

Edited by iwamofo, 27 November 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

I'd say any non-standard part will kill the warranty.

If you're having hop up issues during the warranty let KWA handle it, you can mess with it later.

-- Chuck

#3 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

any modifications out side of factory specifications that would change how the weapon operates, i.e. bucking changes, will void the warranty.  modifications like a weapon light that do not change the way the weapon operates and can be removed is ok.  basically if you need to disassemble the gun to install the part, it will most likely void the warranty.  If you must try to install other internal parts, I would suggest waiting the 45 day warranty period before modding your gun.

In my honest opinion.  The REAPs system is something that I would not even bother installing.  Yes the your BB could fly further, but that is mainly due to the BB having OVER HOP, and the accuracy is something that it completely lacks.  In fact if you watch the videos of the thing shooting, you will see that the BB's are all over the place down range.  I've tested it before and I'm not impressed with the results.  I would rather have accuracy over an extra distance, and simply move a little closer.  Plus it's a pistol, you don't really need the extra range when shooting at about 10-20 yards.

#4 iwamofo

iwamofo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Okay, thanks for the replies . That is good to know and I'll probably wait till the warranty is over to test out the bucking.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

View Postiwamofo, on 28 November 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Okay, thanks for the replies . That is good to know and I'll probably wait till the warranty is over to test out the bucking.
People other than Viet have already tested it and it was an "EPIC FAIL".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa atp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users