12 replies to this topic

#1 HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Firearms, Proudly Gaming Since 1978

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

I am looking to buy either the MP7 or MP9 this week. Evike has the MP7 with a spare hi cap mag for $221.17 shipped using an 18% off coupon. So I'm leaning towards the MP7 but I like the extra small size of the MP9. Question, for all you guys who own both or have been around both alot, which one has the LEAST mechanical problems and what are the most common problems for that gun. So which way should I go MP7 or MP9?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

There's a 20% coupon, for evike. I believe the code is VGHS. I like both, and I think both have very few mechanical problems, if any...

#3 HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

Only reason I ask is I have read a lot of threads about spring issues locked up parts ect. on both guns. Are these issues the norm or are they hit and miss?

#4 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

I actually find that the MP7 is smaller than the MP9. I prefer the MP9 and I find that many other people that have used/own both as well, prefer the MP9. Its just a more enjoyable gun for me.

#5 HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Yeah I really like the MP9. But the MP9 forum is full of all kinds of problems which makes me hesitant to commit. Unless of course the majority of MP9's are trouble free compared to the MP7. That's going to be the deciding factor for me. Oh Outlaw1995 thanks for the heads up on the 20% off coupon, every dollar counts :D .

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostHoneyBadger, on 13 August 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Yeah I really like the MP9. But the MP9 forum is full of all kinds of problems which makes me hesitant to commit. Unless of course the majority of MP9's are trouble free compared to the MP7. That's going to be the deciding factor for me. Oh Outlaw1995 thanks for the heads up on the 20% off coupon, every dollar counts :D .
True, but this is a technical forum meant to post problems. The most problems you will hear about will be found on these forums as they are meant to help address and solve problems with KWA guns. Don't let the problems on the forums deter you from your purchase. Both shoot the same round, in my opinion it is what features the gun offers that gives it the advantage over the other. It also comes down to being comfortable. Buy the gun you are most comfortable with!

#7 HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

You have a valid point Outlaw and I am keeping that in mind as I do research here. I'm just looking for which gun is less likely to fail on me. All airsoft guns have their quirks I am sure these two models are no different.

#8 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

Yeah I totally agree with OUTLAW. Dont be afraid of what you may see on the forums, the forum is somewhere people go when they have problems, not when they have perfect guns haha. This is really only a small percentage of the guns actually sold. I still recommend the MP9 though :P

#9 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

I prefer the MP9, if you are a practical guy like me you will like the 48 round mags that the mp9 offers.  The mp7 only carries max 40.  Now, if you need a lighter more sensitive trigger than the mp7 is for you.  The mp9 is also lighter in weight if you want to consider that as a factor.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

I agree with Viet on this, I have both and prefer the MP9 for simplicity and DAMN IT'S LOUD!

#11 HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

Yeah Im leaning towards the MP9. I held both today at the local hobby shop and the MP9 seemed to point more naturaly and the ergonomics fit me better also the controls seemed less clutered and more intuitive for me. I did pick up a used KWA MAC 11 for $50 from a freind at the airsoft field. Its broken and he couldnt figure out how to fix it so I said what the heck for $50 I'll give it a try so expect me to pop up in the MAC11 forum soon, lol.

#12 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostHoneyBadger, on 17 August 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Yeah Im leaning towards the MP9. I held both today at the local hobby shop and the MP9 seemed to point more naturaly and the ergonomics fit me better also the controls seemed less clutered and more intuitive for me. I did pick up a used KWA MAC 11 for $50 from a freind at the airsoft field. Its broken and he couldnt figure out how to fix it so I said what the heck for $50 I'll give it a try so expect me to pop up in the MAC11 forum soon, lol.
M11 for $50? Is it NS2? How many mags? That's pretty much a steal! Hop on the M11 sub forums, open up a thread and let me see if I can help you. ;)

#13 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

A M11 out of the box will not shoot further than the mp9 or mp7.

Between the mp9 and mp7, ergonomics should be the most important factor since both perform so similarly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users