• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wong fei hung

wong fei hung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:31 AM

After unjamming my M4 S I applied some airsoft gun lube as per normal procedure in the manual and held it vertical while applying just a spray.  After holding it vertical for about a minute or two to let the lube run into the piston I fired off 3 dry shots on semi as per instruction.  Next I loaded the mag and fired off about 50 shots on auto to test out lube.  After the 50 shots the gun stopped working altogether whether I switched to semi, safe, or auto.  The fuse was fine, and the battery was full.  I left it for a few hours and went back to test fire it again.  It fired 4 shots before stopping dead again.  Next day I go to test and it is now working but I have yet to test it for extended periods.  Does anyone know if this is normal or if I am doing anything wrong?  Please help where you can as I love my KWA AEG.

#2 Shmoogly3

Shmoogly3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor inthusiest
    Airsofting
    Martial arts
    Cycling
    Hiking

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

View Postwong fei hung, on May 22 2008, 10:31 AM, said:

After unjamming my M4 S I applied some airsoft gun lube as per normal procedure in the manual and held it vertical while applying just a spray.  After holding it vertical for about a minute or two to let the lube run into the piston I fired off 3 dry shots on semi as per instruction.  Next I loaded the mag and fired off about 50 shots on auto to test out lube.  After the 50 shots the gun stopped working altogether whether I switched to semi, safe, or auto.  The fuse was fine, and the battery was full.  I left it for a few hours and went back to test fire it again.  It fired 4 shots before stopping dead again.  Next day I go to test and it is now working but I have yet to test it for extended periods.  Does anyone know if this is normal or if I am doing anything wrong?  Please help where you can as I love my KWA AEG.
U should shoot on full auto and semi auto alternating for about 500-600 shots. If it happens again u should look at ur wiring, the lube could have somehow made it to ur wiring, if its touching any tips of the wiring that = BAD! If thats not it than ur should check ur gears and see if there aligned properly. IF thats not working than I dont know unless the motors making a bauging sound.

#3 wong fei hung

wong fei hung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:17 AM

I checked again and indeed it was the wiring, apparently I wasn't careful and the wires had crimped when I closed the battery compartment.  I pulled out the wiring and straightened out the crimp then placed it back in with a twist tie to secure any loose wiring.  That did the trick and my M4 S is happy again.  Thanks for helping out a noobie AEG owner but at least I got one of the AEG's out there for my first gun.

#4 wong fei hung

wong fei hung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:03 AM

Help again please my M4 S has stopped firing again.  I have checked the fuse, battery, and only the exposed wiring that I can see so as not to open anything that would void my warranty.  It fired 3 shots on semi, then I switched to full auto and it just suddenly went dead again.  Could it be that the connector in the fire selector is shot?  Please help!

#5 wong fei hung

wong fei hung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

Ok so now I have discovered that I have another problem since my gun stopped working again.  This time I have discovered that it is my wire connection at my fire selector point.  I tried tapping the body with my hand a few times to see if I could jolt the connection into place and have discovered it works now so I am quite sure that is the real problem.  I will likely have to send it back for warranty service.  Thanks for helping me narrow it down.  I really appreciate the help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users