• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#21 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

New signature yo? :gun:

#22 Grindstone

Grindstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

So, let me get this straight...

You have problems with your pistol, you try to fix it yourself, no luck. You post about it on the KWA tech forums, where it's suggested you RMA it. You send it to a local repair shop for a questionable repair job. Still doesn't work. So you destroy it to "vent".
Maybe if you RMA'd it, you wouldn't be out 100 bucks on a decent pistol? Hell, I would've bought the gun in it's original "broken" condition and fixed it myself (not the first time). It seems to me you really screwed yourself over.

#23 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

I have always believed that when you buy something, it's yours and you can do whatever you want with it.  But that does seem a bit much.

#24 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

If I were angry and, at the same time, wanted to use a gun for parts, I would gently put the gun down and go beat the crap out of a heavy bag, pillow, or something else that can take the abuse.  Just my 2 cents.

#25 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

I usually just take it out on my JG guns. LOL

#26 Outdoormongoose

Outdoormongoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

Why would I want it back? If I wanted to RMA it....I would have done so and not posted.

The gun, internally, looked like it had fired thousands of rounds when less than 100 had been through it. The gun, obviously, had tons of problems and didn't work. If I had RMA'd it, KWA would fix THAT problem but I'd be left with a money pit of a gun that's wasting more time. The gun was treated as it worked....

I still have the gun. I could just rebuild the back end of it since it's externally fine....but I don't want to. All it needs is a new hammer/pin and hammer box.

#27 KWAnOOb

KWAnOOb

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:AIRSOFT!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 29 November 2011 - 03:54 PM, said:

I usually just take it out on my JG guns. LOL
Haha Nice!!! Those jg guns can sure take the beating!

#28 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

View PostOutdoormongoose, on 29 November 2011 - 04:14 PM, said:

Why would I want it back? If I wanted to RMA it....I would have done so and not posted.

The gun, internally, looked like it had fired thousands of rounds when less than 100 had been through it. The gun, obviously, had tons of problems and didn't work. If I had RMA'd it, KWA would fix THAT problem but I'd be left with a money pit of a gun that's wasting more time. The gun was treated as it worked....

I still have the gun. I could just rebuild the back end of it since it's externally fine....but I don't want to. All it needs is a new hammer/pin and hammer box.
Like I said before...."whatever makes you happy".

#29 RexRocker AEG Dr

RexRocker AEG Dr

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Everything Airsoft, Guitar

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

"The gun internally looked like it had fired thousands of rounds when less than 100 had been through it," Okay so tell me, whats the difference? I would really like to know, because from what you've posted so far, you sound like you completely know what your talking about. I mean with you hand slamming the gun on the bed of a pick up-truck instead of simply sending it in to be repaired like a NORMAL and LOGICAL person would do. So tell me, do you do this to all things that don't work or annoy you?

Would you hand slam a child onto a bed of a pick up truck if it annoyed you? Or was this just yet again something bought by your parents, and you being who you are, have most nearly single handedly disproved Darwin's Natural Selection by still being on this earth?  Spooky ain't it? You neglected to think something through and decided to, you being the caveman that you are, destroy what frustrated you.

So I ask again, what is the difference between a gun that has fired 1000 rounds compared to a gun that fired 100 rounds? Or even better, what gun meets your standard?

Also do you have anger management problem?  I think we should take a poll, I say yes how about you?  

What do you think????

Edited by RexRocker AEG Dr, 29 November 2011 - 06:52 PM.

#30 Outdoormongoose

Outdoormongoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

Nice, personal attacks instead of looking at the gun. You know nothing about me, yet your own sig/fandom shows bias.

I have worked on/owned quite a few GBB and this is the first that has ever junked out on me. I know what the problem was, can fix the problem, but I choose not to. Why? The gun is a POS that I don't want it. I'm not going to scam anyone and sell them a defective item, nor I am going to RMA it to get said item back. To sell it immediately to a person that the warranty won't work on.

Maybe the fact the recoil pin was extremely scuffed up, the hammer reset was damaged, back sight fell off immediately, the ejector port was nearly white, orange tip broke off, 1 reset spring was bent out of the chamber...yea...I totally don't know what I'm doing or how quality guns should be. The hammer wouldn't set because the mag striker was getting stuck causing the hammer to jam and vent the gas. This is why I could manually set it the gun but didn't work when firing.

Both my KWA 45 was fine as was the 1911 Mk4.

#31 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

ODM:

As I posted in my reply to your PM and as per you request, I am closing this thread.  I truly hope that you have a better  experience in the future with KWA.  We are here to help. Not to hinder.

#32 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

Let's be civil gentlemen. No need to be confrontational.

And I am not trying to pick a  fight here mongoose but the problems you had with the ATP was a common one among the very small percentage of the first batch that was sold. They were mostly easy fixes unless you had to reset the trigger bar which meant that it had to be sent in for warranty repairs. I experienced most of the problems that you have described and I fixed it myself instead of sending it in. Of course it involved a COMPLETE disassembly but once every part was reset and seated all the problems were resolved. And I agree that when you buy something new that it should be problem free but what can you do? That's life. I feel your frustration but I am wondering why you would destroy something that you could have easily repaired yourself. I am only saying this because you have stated that you possess technical knowledge.
You paid for your gun and it's yours to do whatever you want with it but to me it truly is a shame that you decided to destroy  it instead of  logically resolving the issues.  I just can't wrap my head around what you did and I feel that it was irrational. But to each his own I always say. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users