#1 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

Hi everyone,

I've just ordered my first gun from KWA -- the MP7. I'm eagerly anticipating it's arrival in the mail, but in the mean time, I had a question about the magazine's capacity.

I see the magazines advertised on almost every website as holding 48 rounds. However, KWA's website says it only holds 40 rounds. Furthermore, I've heard people say the magazine only holds 46 rounds, but after the first 6, the feeding lip gets stuck at the "lock notch," and you must unlock it for the magazine to continue feeding. Is this correct? If so, why are the magazines advertised as holding 48 rounds?

Also, if that is the case, I wonder if there is a safe way to prevent the lip from locking at the 40 round point, or if "over loading" the magazine in the first place is a bad idea?

I suppose in the end 6-8 extra rounds isn't much of a difference, but I'm mostly just curious.

#2 MP7dad

MP7dad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:57 PM

The mags are stamped 40, I have three of them and just verified rather than rely on my memory.

After the mag is loaded, it is true that you can further compress the spring and get more BBs in. I do not recommend this as you will likely have the hang up on the "lock notch" as you call it since I believe the release button is spring loaded and will be out in the lock position any time the follower is below the lock notch, I did it once and cost me hitting a target I had dead to rights when it didnt fire, fortunately, I figured it out and never tried it again.

The MAC 11 holds 48 rounds and maybe some vendors assummed the MP7 would hold the same before the MP7 or its full specs were released and simply failed to update the site (or added the extras BBs that can be added in a shop but never fired it to understand it really doesn't work well). The alternative would be a poor advertising practice...

In addition, if you use this as a secondary weapon and have the spring "overcompressed" with the extra BBs for a length of time, it just can't be good for the life of the spring which may lead to feeding problems later....

Edited by MP7dad, 15 November 2009 - 03:50 PM.

#3 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:40 AM

the magazines are 40(39 magazine +1 chamber) however, it's possible to load 42(41+1) if you hand load the magazines, but it's not recommended.

#4 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:31 PM

sometimes i will load a mag chamber a round remove the mag and put one more bb in the mag to get 40 in mag
+1 in the chamber. who knows mabe the extra bb at the start of a match will help out.

#5 tiger

tiger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 17 November 2009 - 11:40 AM, said:

the magazines are 40(39 magazine +1 chamber) however, it's possible to load 42(41+1) if you hand load the magazines, but it's not recommended.

I don't get this, mine holds 40 in the mag and + 1 in the chamber.

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

depending on the position of stack, it can hold 40(39+1) or 41(40+1).

you can load 42(41+1), however it will sit high and engage the magazine follower lock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users