• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrannus4842

Tyrannus4842

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Very interested in picking up an MP7 for my DEVGRU loadout for an upcoming Milsim op. The only problem I have is trying to decide which MP7 to get, unfortunately.

Now, yes I know there are youtube videos out there depicting the differences, but I'd like to get some more opinions out of others.

If you notice the wording in the topic, I'm just asking for differences between the two in terms of function, look / feel, etc. Not what is better, because that would garner some pretty biased posts, obviously.

Thanks in advance guys :)

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

Even a cursory Google search (taking the first link presented) will show you the Toyko Mauri MP7A1 is an AEG shooting 260fps and we know the KWA is GBB that shoots 400fps...  :)

-- Chuck

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

TM also released a gas blowback version which complies with Japanese law shooting at 1 joule, or 330 fps with .2 gram bbs. From a viewer's standpoint, it seems as though the TM MP7 GBB has more felt recoil than the KWA MP7. But that's about it. You've got the reliable, and gas efficient, FV system in the KWA MP7, and it shoots 400 fps. Plus you've got a 45 day warranty and since you live in the US, that makes KWA an even better choice should you need to service the gun or buy parts.

I'd go with the KWA MP7.

#4 Tyrannus4842

Tyrannus4842

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, that's DEFINITELY something I have taken into consideration.

It'd be much less of a hassle if I just got the KWA one since I live in the states. Thanks for the reply.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

No problem. :)

#6 tehspiah

tehspiah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Sorry for being late to this thread, but I've shot both, and I own the Marui MP7. It has more felt recoil, and that 330 FPS is perfect for me for indoor games, and the bolt is full metal, so I guessing that even using green gas, this gun will last. You also do feel a lot more recoil because that bolt is a lot bigger compared to the kwa one, about 2x bigger, and you get that magic hopup. I would say that if you're in a budget, pick up the KWA one because it's been on the market longer and there are more magazine availability for it, but you won't be disappointed with the Marui, even though it's more expensive, and they sort of fixed the flaws that the KWA/KSC one had.

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

View Posttehspiah, on 25 January 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

and they sort of fixed the flaws that the KWA/KSC one had.
What flaws were those?

#8 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Yup..TM definitely made a gbb mp7..and yes i own one too..along with the kwa mp7. Im surprised the tm gbb mp7 didnt come up in a google search..anyways,

Both mp7's function the same, have the same fire controls in the same place..basic differences would be the hop up adjustment placement..kwa is at the front of the smg, above the barrel, which when adjusting hop up makes you put your hand in front of the muzzle if your not paying attention, the tm is as you probablly already know from all the vids, in the ejection port, by pulling the trigger towards the front and up..will bring the adjustment dial into position in the port. Kwa shoots alot hotter out of the box. That could be good or bad..tm shoots mildly on the low side between 330-340, this is on gg, but they do recommend duster gas. Imo the tm shoots great..just as good as the kwa, and tm has more recoil, which is nice. There are upgraded nozzles, tbb, power up valves, enhanced springs for the tm already..and im sure more things will hit the market soon.

So if you have the money, buy the tm..if you dont want to go thru the hassle of ordering overseas and the possibility of dealing with customs, buy a UMAREX mp7..

( o Y o )

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostBoobieM4H, on 25 January 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

if you dont want to go thru the hassle of ordering overseas and the possibility of dealing with customs, buy a UMAREX mp7..
nice catch there... :/

IMO, the need to buy upgradable springs and better parts to improve functions has one advantage, and one disadvantage. The advantage being that other companies' parts are compatible and you can fine tune your gun to perform a specific way. The disadvantage is that sometimes these parts become necessity and the gun you bought the parts for is most likely not out-of-the-box ready. I'm not claiming the MP7 by TM is that way, but I do like the certainty of KWA's solid gas system and sturdy construction, their availability on parts should you need to replace something, as well as eager customer support team.

#10 Cpapp

Cpapp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, xbox, sports

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

One thing I can't stand about my kwa mp7 which is apparently fixed in the tm is a wobble-free fire selector. I can deal with it, probably never going to sell mine..

#11 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostBoobieM4H, on 25 January 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Yup..TM definitely made a gbb mp7..and yes i own one too..along with the kwa mp7. Im surprised the tm gbb mp7 didnt come up in a google search..anyways,

Because they can't call it MP7,  try searching TM NP7.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users