• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelRobert Jones

MichaelRobert Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

Hey guys I am new to the forums. So please notify me if I am breaking any rules. I just bought a H&K Gbb Mp7 off of a guy I know and he sold me the gun and two after market mags and one of them seems to have a problem with the follow (I believe it is called, the piece that pushes the bbs up.) It jams just below the top of the mag. I was looking around and saw some say the it is a matter of green gas and propane. Some say it has to do with the hop up. I just wanted to know what is true and what is false. Thanks

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostMichaelRobert Jones, on 22 April 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

Hey guys I am new to the forums. So please notify me if I am breaking any rules. I just bought a H&K Gbb Mp7 off of a guy I know and he sold me the gun and two after market mags and one of them seems to have a problem with the follow (I believe it is called, the piece that pushes the bbs up.) It jams just below the top of the mag. I was looking around and saw some say the it is a matter of green gas and propane. Some say it has to do with the hop up. I just wanted to know what is true and what is false. Thanks
Hi MRJ:

Welcome to the KWA Forums.  It sounds to me like 1 of a number of issues could cause this:
  • The follower is damaged
  • The track it follows could have a burr or be dirty
  • The spring could be weak
Can you post a picture of the front of the mag where the follower stops?

Also, is the follower jamming without BB's?  If so it could actually be the BB"s you are using.

#3 MichaelRobert Jones

MichaelRobert Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:48 AM

View Postgcw360, on 24 April 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

Hi MRJ:

Welcome to the KWA Forums.  It sounds to me like 1 of a number of issues could cause this:
  • The follower is damaged

• The track it follows could have a burr or be dirty

• The spring could be weak
Can you post a picture of the front of the mag where the follower stops?

Also, is the follower jamming without BB's?  If so it could actually be the BB"s you are using.
I hade it checked by a tech it seems to work fine now...
But would you recommend green gas or propane.?

Edited by MichaelRobert Jones, 02 May 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

Green gas...it's all I use.

#5 905taylor905

905taylor905

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

I had this problem much more severe.    The little button in the center of the slide you push to release the lock on the mag. (Follow)
That has a little metal "bar" on the back which pushes up on a pin which locks it in place for loading.

Well I took the bar and snapped it off and took the button out.   Yes it no longer locks for loading but it holds an extra 4 bbs and has not jammed on me since.  
The little pin thickened up a bit so when pulled down, the (follow) slide locks in place.  Well when the lock is disengaged the thicker ring of the button would rub on the mag and scratch into it causing it to jam up at the same places. (Natural wear and tear I'm guessing)   I'm talking full oiled mag tracks still jamming 3-4 times every use.   (I wouldn't suggest oiling mag tracks, it was simply a test)

Now that those pins are removed I have not had one jam,  And the extra 4 bbs,  Hey,  I'll take it for the loss of a locking mag.  

I'm sure this isn't a must for a jamming mag and there are ways of fixing it to work properly with the functional lock relatively easily dependent on your situation, but this was a 2 minute fix and goodbye to the headache, and just another last resort for people with this problem.

Just an update:
One of my mags has jammed again.  Even with the removed pin.   I looked inside the mag slide and there are a few "burrs" that seems to be stopping the slide at a few separate points.
Still trying to solve this...   Would sanding the walls help? Maybe just sand out the couple burrs I found.   I have also changed bbs to bio elite force.  Made by umarex, I'm hoping they feed a little smoother.  I was previously using bioval bios.

Edited by 905taylor905, 12 June 2014 - 06:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users