• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Rudras

Rudras

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Hello been lurking the forums for awhile and after some wading through had a few question.

So ive recently acquired an SR7 to my armory, i play both field and CQB. Was wondering if there was an easy solution to bumping the SR7s range for field play? The cqb field limits the fps to 350  so the stock setup works perfectly there and the fields fps limit is 400

From what ive gathered these are some options.
-Change the spring for which field im on.
-Install an R-hop (i need to look up how to do that)
-shoot heavier bbs and cheat the chrono....eek
-leave it alone the sr7s range is doable for field

any and all input would be helpful

Thanks for time!.

#2 airsoftmatthias

airsoftmatthias

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

View PostRudras, on 05 March 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

Hello been lurking the forums for awhile and after some wading through had a few question.

So ive recently acquired an SR7 to my armory, i play both field and CQB. Was wondering if there was an easy solution to bumping the SR7s range for field play? The cqb field limits the fps to 350  so the stock setup works perfectly there and the fields fps limit is 400

From what ive gathered these are some options.
-Change the spring for which field im on.
-Install an R-hop (i need to look up how to do that)
-shoot heavier bbs and cheat the chrono....eek
-leave it alone the sr7s range is doable for field

any and all input would be helpful

Thanks for time!.

Changing the spring is probably the most straight forward way to go. However, it does require opening up the mechbox.

Installing an R-hop would give you the added range and accuracy for field play without actually needing to increase FPS. This might be your best, but perhaps most expensive and time consuming, option.

Don't ever cheat the chrono. If you get caught, you can get permanently banned from that field. Also, you're a jerk if you do.

You could just leave it alone. Or throw in a different bucking for better range. G&G Green or Lonex 70 degree buckings work quite well.

#3 hellcat

hellcat

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Football, Nascar, Guns, cars/trucks, and of women in yoga pants!!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

just buy a KM4-Ris or SR10 or SR12 for field use. I use my SR7 for CQB and my KM4-RIS for field use, just easier and lot less pain in the butt.

#4 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Just work on the hop up. Got a SR10 (flat hopped) that gets way out there but my ATP stock with .28s doesnt do too bad. Just to say you can get a 5 inch barrel as well as a much longer barrel to go a long ways. Changing the spring everytime? Have a 407mm Prommy that shoots good. Maybe a good barrel, stay at 350, flat hop, R hop a bit better, and  be happy hitting things at say 180/200 feet. Staying at 350 will limit you in feild.

#5 Rudras

Rudras

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

Awesome,

i think i will be going with a new spring depending on the field im on. It seems to be the easiest and most practical way of going about it.

With that being said anyone have a spring recommendation to get close to that 400 fps mark? I would also need to upgrade the motor right?

#6 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Keepin' it Real.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

I'd  go with a m120 or m130. No you will not need a motor change. An 11.1 is recommended but not necessary.

#7 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

View PostRudras, on 05 March 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Awesome,

i think i will be going with a new spring depending on the field im on. It seems to be the easiest and most practical way of going about it.

With that being said anyone have a spring recommendation to get close to that 400 fps mark? I would also need to upgrade the motor right?
Do you know wht  it shoots  now with .20s. Change the spring depending  on where you play at any given time? Really? Have fun.

#8 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

I upgraded my SR10 to an M120 long (came stock with an M120 short) and my FPS is around 430 with .20's, although I usually use .30's and settle around 355. Needless to say, that's my field gun. Additionally, I changed out the bucking for JG blue, changed the O-ring and got a new air nozzle (I forget which one, but it's lime green). I'm not sure what the SR7 is stock (picking up my SR7 today!), but to sit at 400, don't go more than an M110 long or M120 short for risk of going over.

#9 Rudras

Rudras

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:51 AM

View PostLarry, on 05 March 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

Do you know wht  it shoots  now with .20s. Change the spring depending  on where you play at any given time? Really? Have fun.

shoots 340~348 w/.20

Ive changed springs out plenty of times on my other rifles. Its really not that difficult, One week im on the field ok pop in the higher power sping, Another week i think ill do some CQB, prep my gear the day before, do maintenance and swap the springs.

Im just not familiar with the quality and nuances of KWA.

View PostBLATEY, on 05 March 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

I'd  go with a m120 or m130. No you will not need a motor change. An 11.1 is recommended but not necessary.

already running an 11.1 V, ROF is so lovely.

#10 ssurfe4

ssurfe4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:48 AM

If you get a new R-Hop do you also need to get a new bucking?  I was a little surprised when my stock SR7 chrono'd at 390 with 0.20g bbs.  I am slightly curious if that chrono was off or something.  Time to get a double check I think.

#11 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

View Postssurfe4, on 06 March 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

If you get a new R-Hop do you also need to get a new bucking?  I was a little surprised when my stock SR7 chrono'd at 390 with 0.20g bbs.  I am slightly curious if that chrono was off or something.  Time to get a double check I think.

No, you don't need to buy another bucking if you don't want to, just shave off the rib on the inside

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

View PostRudras, on 06 March 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

shoots 340~348 w/.20

Ive changed springs out plenty of times on my other rifles. Its really not that difficult, One week im on the field ok pop in the higher power sping, Another week i think ill do some CQB, prep my gear the day before, do maintenance and swap the springs.

Im just not familiar with the quality and nuances of KWA.

already running an 11.1 V, ROF is so lovely.
Is this a new SR7 or an older one?  The older ones came with a different cylinder/spring combination that if you were to add a longer inner barrel and barrel extension you can go from 340fps to 380fps effectively making your gun field ready.

#13 Rudras

Rudras

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

View Postgcw360, on 08 March 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

Is this a new SR7 or an older one?  The older ones came with a different cylinder/spring combination that if you were to add a longer inner barrel and barrel extension you can go from 340fps to 380fps effectively making your gun field ready.

im assuming it is the new Sr7, girlfriend said she grabbed it from Evike brand new about a week ago. is there a definitive way to distinguish which one i have?

What im ultimately trying to achieve is a CQB rifle at 350 fps that has added range for field use.

#14 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

You have the "new" version meaning that it is a 2009 or later model. If you want to put a G&G green bucking in it for field use.

#15 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

Start with the G&G green like suggested. Make sure you flat hop it, take your time and make sure your getting a long flat patch of bucking in thru the barrel window.

Attached Files

Edited by Larry, 09 March 2014 - 01:06 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sr7, field, cqb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users