• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JLui83

JLui83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

I've been reading on this forum and others in regards to Problems with the KMP9r. Does anyone have any personal experience in having certain issues with their KMP9 or KMP9r that I should watch out for?

I plan on buying the KMP9R Tan Version .. I"m hoping that the FPS is lower so I can use it in my local Airsoft place.
Thanks

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

bear in mind the forum is designed to contain discussions for problems, so the bulk of content is about soley about issues.

Granted, there are more guns in the US region alone than the 30-odd threads in the KMP9 subforum

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

View PostJLui83, on 08 December 2010 - 01:43 PM, said:

I've been reading on this forum and others in regards to Problems with the KMP9r. Does anyone have any personal experience in having certain issues with their KMP9 or KMP9r that I should watch out for?

I plan on buying the KMP9R Tan Version .. I"m hoping that the FPS is lower so I can use it in my local Airsoft place.
Thanks

What are the FPS limits at the local field?:gun:

#4 airsofteen

airsofteen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:16 AM

View PostJLui83, on 08 December 2010 - 01:43 PM, said:

Thanks
Well lucky i just bought the tan kmp9r last week and it will be here tomorrow (Friday). When the gun gets here i will give you my thoughts on the gun since i think i am going to be one of the first members to have the tan kmp9r except the people that work for kwa

#5 JLui83

JLui83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

300fps with .25g bbs

So I think I will be doing some cutting of the barrel to get the FPS down to the limit.

Any known Tightbore barrels out there that work with this gun?

#6 JLui83

JLui83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

How do I get to the inner barrel from the outer barrel? I believe there is one allen screw but after that does it just slide out?

#7 snoopy

snoopy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

Its supposed to. However mine didn't. I had to push it out hard.

Another thing that could be done to reduce the fps would be chopping down the spring pushing the rocket valve back. Less tension means the valve closes earlier.

Another thing you can do is to manufacture a new flute valve. The KMP7's in the US have a nylon "peg type" rocket valve which restrict the flow of gas allowing for sub 400 FPS (with .20g BB) output. The aluminum rocket type valve found on the Taiwan KMP9's shot as much as 40 FPS harder I believe. You will want to have a peg type flute valve.

So you can cut the barrel, manufacture a new flute valve, or use duster gas.

Do you play at ACQB and TAA?

#8 JLui83

JLui83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:26 AM

I play at both but mostly TAA.

#9 snoopy

snoopy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:51 PM

Gotcha.

Sou pretty much need the KMP9 Shooting 330 FPS or lower right? Or is it going to be sub 300 FPS?

Used to play out at ACQB when I was still in Virginia. Moved back to California since.

If you can have a piece of nylon to be peg shaped (to restrict the amount of gas passing through the nozzle or have it so it shuts off the gas flow behind the BB quicker then you should be able to get it within the FPS limit you want.

I'm sure you already know that it'll void your warranty. I think there's a market for an aftermarket Flute Valve which would lower the FPS of the KMP9.

It would be nice if the flute valve used was similar to those used by TM (but with an o-ring as found on the KJW/Tanio Koba M4's) Then maybe we will be able to get more consistent FPS output out of the NS2 GBB's.

#10 JLui83

JLui83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

Yeh, I heard that a different rocket valve (the flute valve) your talking about will reduce it too.

How did you get your inner barrel out from the outer barrel? What FPS does yours shoot out of the box?

So I just need the KMP9R to shoot 300fps(with .25g) or less. I'm thinking just cutting the barrel might be easier. I don't want to try messing with the internals of the gun.

#11 snoopy

snoopy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:57 AM

View PostJLui83, on 13 December 2010 - 07:22 PM, said:

Yeh, I heard that a different rocket valve (the flute valve) your talking about will reduce it too.

How did you get your inner barrel out from the outer barrel? What FPS does yours shoot out of the box?

So I just need the KMP9R to shoot 300fps(with .25g) or less. I'm thinking just cutting the barrel might be easier. I don't want to try messing with the internals of the gun.

I had to force mine out. I ended up using a cut down TM charging rod (from the pipe/rod loading tool that comes with TM AEG's and tapped it out of there. This was after noticing that the inner barrel was canted some.

At AEX, my gun chronoed a high of 404 FPS with .20g BBs using green gas. The chrono used was the Xcortech 3200. Temperature inside was probably around 70 degrees.

Unlike the KMP7, the KMP9 is a lot easier to take apart. No trigger mechanism to take out and what not. Even the blowback unit/bolt carrier group is easy to take apart. Pins hold the components in place as opposed to screws with the KMP7.

#12 JLui83

JLui83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:45 AM

Did you force the barrel out towards the hop up? or away (towards the front).

Anyways, Do you have any actual pics of your KMP9r? I know you have the Ranger Grey.(Some sites say its OD). I was interested in seeing it actually looked grey or OD b/c the factory pics aren't that great.

Thanks!

#13 snoopy

snoopy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It is gray. It does have a hint of green on it. At first, I wasn't sure about it being gray...but it grew on me.

The Tan one looked too "toyish" to me. The black one was good...but I wanted an OD one so I waited until this came out. At first I was like...not OD...then I kept looking at it...and well bought it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users