4 replies to this topic

#1 Genghis

Genghis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Backyard airsoft, MILSIM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

Hello, new to the forum here and I just picked up a Vector and I'm having some issues:
I filled the magazine with bb's (Madbull .25 Bio) and I held the green gas in the mag for about 25 seconds and tried firing but only about 5 bb's fired before the gas ran out.
I tried repeatedly holding the gas to the clip for 3 second intervals about 15 times and I still didn't see the big expulsion of gas from the clip that the manual describes. After much experimentation and two brands of green gas, my vector cannot even fire one bb before it sputters and gas goes everywhere out of the chamber.
Does anybody know what might be happening? I'm not sure if it's the clip or the gun that's being weird.

Thanks a million

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

What's this "clip" you're referring to?  No clips on my magazines I can find.  Not here or on any airsoft gun... :)

I filled Kriss magazines for 45 seconds in one shot, not 3 seconds at a time.  Got a couple of BB fills as I recall (the Kriss is long gone).

Cold weather is a GBB killer.  

Tried a new gas canister?

-- Chuck

#3 Genghis

Genghis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Backyard airsoft, MILSIM

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:37 AM

Chuck I'll definitely try that and test it more indoors to beat the cold, thanks for the tip man I am no expert on gbb guns

#4 CellusNZ

CellusNZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

I hold the gas can down until I stop hearing the gas flowing.

From memory I guess it takes about 40 seconds to fill and I don't get an overflow of gas when it's fill.

One green gas fill gets me two mags worth of BBs.

If it's really cold then the gas will expel, but that would be about 8 Celsius or 46 Fahrenheit.

Do you have another mag you can test with? The release value that the hammer hits on the back of the mag might be sticking?

Edited by CellusNZ, 04 January 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

View PostCellusNZ, on 04 January 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:

I hold the gas can down until I stop hearing the gas flowing.

From memory I guess it takes about 40 seconds to fill and I don't get an overflow of gas when it's fill.

One green gas fill gets me two mags worth of BBs.

If it's really cold then the gas will expel, but that would be about 8 Celsius or 46 Fahrenheit.

Do you have another mag you can test with? The release value that the hammer hits on the back of the mag might be sticking?
Great post, very good advice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users