#1 Lizzard

Lizzard

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:GEAR

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:40 AM

Evening gents, got a couple questions about the upcoming M4 GBBR release.  I was damn excited when I read the announcement the other day, looking forward to this (and of course the Vector...), but there are a few things I've been wondering since I heard about the upcoming release.

In the initial release, will only the 14.5" length LM4/M4 Magpul be available?  I assume a 10.5" barrel version will follow at some point, but will it be reasonably close behind the standard model?

Also, will the M4 Magpul Edition be available in more colors than black?  I'm most interested in FDE, and I mean with an FDE reciever as well.  If not in the initial release, is this planned for later release?

If anyone has some insight or info they can share, I'd be super appreciative.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

I'm assuming the 10.5 inch barrel version of the LM4 series guns will be the LM4 SR7. From my understanding, the LM4 PTR and Magpul M4 Gbbr edition, and the AKG-74M will be the first GBBRs to come to the market, and soon to follow will be the 10.5" LM4 SR7 and AKG-74U (or whatever)...

Hopefully the 10.5" SR7 and AKG-74u will come with 350 fps stock, for CQB, or come 400 fps and KWA will offer a Low Powered Bolt like they did with the MP7 and KMP9s...

I'd love different color variations from Magpul's end. Not only would that be classy and stylish but it would go with a desert or woodland based load out. But if you asked me if they'd do it, I think it's just too much work and coordination on Magpul and KWA's end. Maybe they will, we shall see in January 2012...! =)

#3 Lizzard

Lizzard

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 04 October 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

I'm assuming the 10.5 inch barrel version of the LM4 series guns will be the LM4 SR7. From my understanding, the LM4 PTR and Magpul M4 Gbbr edition, and the AKG-74M will be the first GBBRs to come to the market, and soon to follow will be the 10.5" LM4 SR7 and AKG-74U (or whatever)...

Hopefully the 10.5" SR7 and AKG-74u will come with 350 fps stock, for CQB, or come 400 fps and KWA will offer a Low Powered Bolt like they did with the MP7 and KMP9s...

I'd love different color variations from Magpul's end. Not only would that be classy and stylish but it would go with a desert or woodland based load out. But if you asked me if they'd do it, I think it's just too much work and coordination on Magpul and KWA's end. Maybe they will, we shall see in January 2012...! =)
Ah, that's right, I forgot that the SR7 was the CQBR variant.

Personally, I'm good with 400 FPS, as my local MOUT field has a 400 FPS limit, but I definitely understand the desire for a 350 FPS version, as most people don't have a set up like we do here.

Yeah, hopefully it's not too much... I'd rather it come in FDE than me paint it, haha.  I don't think it would require too much coordination, though, would it?  I suppose it depends if PTS or KWA is making the reciever, as I'm sure KWA could simply order the correct color furniture parts that they'd need.  I'd imagine PTS would make different color recievers available for it as well, though, since they do so with AEGs.

Is January 2012 the confirmed release date?  I saw that mentioned somewhere but didn't see it in the official announcement.

Edited by Lizzard, 04 October 2011 - 08:35 PM.

#4 mcnabb100

mcnabb100

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:06 AM

View PostLizzard, on 04 October 2011 - 08:35 PM, said:

Ah, that's right, I forgot that the SR7 was the CQBR variant.

Personally, I'm good with 400 FPS, as my local MOUT field has a 400 FPS limit, but I definitely understand the desire for a 350 FPS version, as most people don't have a set up like we do here.

Yeah, hopefully it's not too much... I'd rather it come in FDE than me paint it, haha.  I don't think it would require too much coordination, though, would it?  I suppose it depends if PTS or KWA is making the reciever, as I'm sure KWA could simply order the correct color furniture parts that they'd need.  I'd imagine PTS would make different color recievers available for it as well, though, since they do so with AEGs.

Is January 2012 the confirmed release date?  I saw that mentioned somewhere but didn't see it in the official announcement.
Yes it's in the announcement on the kwausa homepage.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

Yes the official release date will be January 2012 and I am sure we will get a pricing before the release date.  If the KWA GBBR do not get release by Jan of 2012, me and gcw360 will fly down to City of Industry and start a 2 man RIOT!!!  LOL

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 05 October 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

Yes the official release date will be January 2012 and I am sure we will get a pricing before the release date.  If the KWA GBBR do not get release by Jan of 2012, me and gcw360 will fly down to City of Industry and start a 2 man RIOT!!!  LOL
Amen to that!

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

Uhh, excuse me, not two man, I think you meant to say three man riot. Because I'm in too. :tsuki:  Pricing will probably be released Mid-December, and we can expect to have 'em in our hands by February.

#8 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Yes 2 man riot!!  Wow, we can really do some damage.  We might even hurt someone's feelings if we get really mean. lol

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

Plus we know the secret handshake.  :shiftyninja:

#10 Lizzard

Lizzard

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

View Postmcnabb100, on 05 October 2011 - 05:06 AM, said:

Yes it's in the announcement on the kwausa homepage.
Oh LOL not sure how I missed that one!  Man, so close, yet so far... and it looks like the Vector and LM4 will be coming out around the same time, best start saving...

View Postniko_gpsy, on 05 October 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

Hahaha, I'll back you guys up on that one too.  I live in LA.

#11 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 05 October 2011 - 02:46 PM, said:

Yes 2 man riot!!  Wow, we can really do some damage.  We might even hurt someone's feelings if we get really mean. lol

Include me in, and it'll become an understatement. :rolf2:

#12 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:07 AM

View Postgcw360, on 05 October 2011 - 03:28 PM, said:

Plus we know the secret handshake.  :shiftyninja:
Do you mean the super secret Batman handshake?.......................... :shiftyninja:

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 05 October 2011 - 10:40 PM, said:

Include me in, and it'll become an understatement. :rolf2:
But we want it working when we get the GBBR's................................. :P

#13 mcnabb100

mcnabb100

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:38 AM

View PostLizzard, on 05 October 2011 - 10:25 PM, said:

Oh LOL not sure how I missed that one!  Man, so close, yet so far... and it looks like the Vector and LM4 will be coming out around the same time, best start saving...

Hahaha, I'll back you guys up on that one too.  I live in LA.
I missed the first time I read it ^_^

#14 GOLGO 13

GOLGO 13

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Hondas, Guns, Girls anything that takes my time and money pretty much =)

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:46 AM

I have been holding out for these for a long time.   I was hoping KWA would offer a GBBR that wasn't a WA copy.   I would like a realistic training weapon.  This could finally be it.  I wish the release date wasn't in winter though.   How are we supposed to test these things properly in the cold =)

#15 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:34 AM

Yeah. When I watch and rewatch the Airsoftology video and he says to expect them sometime the end of the year (2010 back then) I seem to shed a tear every time. Jan 2012. Maybe KWA's NS2 FV system can beat out the cold and perform flawlessly!! ;)

#16 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 08 October 2011 - 04:34 AM, said:

Yeah. When I watch and rewatch the Airsoftology video and he says to expect them sometime the end of the year (2010 back then) I seem to shed a tear every time. Jan 2012. Maybe KWA's NS2 FV system can beat out the cold and perform flawlessly!! ;)
It may still give consistent performance with the new FV system in the cold.  Of course it still won't be as good as in a warm day. :P

#17 wepen935k

wepen935k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

i heard from sources that the GBBR M4s passed only because you guys inserted a bullet button.

#18 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:11 AM

View Postwepen935k, on 08 October 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:

i heard from sources that the GBBR M4s passed only because you guys inserted a bullet button.
Well that won't be neither practical nor fun.

#19 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

What do you mean by bullet button?

AND ALLIZARD. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL US IF THERE'S GONNA BE A LOW-POWERED BOLT FOR THESE GBBRs. Don't make me start a new thread about that one question now... =p (jk)

#20 mcnabb100

mcnabb100

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

View Postwepen935k, on 08 October 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:

There is no reason for that to have been required. That would have nothing to do with converting it to fire real-steal rounds.

Outlaw a bullet button is required by states like Commifornia. Basically it makes it so you must use a tool(commonly a bullet) to remove the magazine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users