Jump to content


ns2 m93r


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 killgore_trout

killgore_trout

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Location:Valhalla

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:51 AM

aside from the gas system, what are the differences between the new gun and the old gun

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:City of Industry
  • Country:

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:39 PM

View Postkillgore_trout, on Dec 23 2008, 02:51 AM, said:

aside from the gas system, what are the differences between the new gun and the old gun
new type magazine (interchangable with the PTP M9), the grips are in black, and the new barrel system is very similar to the PTP M9.  Essentially its a PTP with 3 round burst.

#3 killgore_trout

killgore_trout

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Location:Valhalla

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:40 PM

so, then there is no ported metal barrel available?

additionally, I was wanting to know if anyone could tell me whether this gun is superior compared to say, the ksc m93r ('07 hardkick):
http://www.redwolfai...il?prodID=25132

thanks

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:City of Industry
  • Country:

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:12 AM

View Postkillgore_trout, on Dec 23 2008, 11:40 PM, said:

so, then there is no ported metal barrel available?

additionally, I was wanting to know if anyone could tell me whether this gun is superior compared to say, the ksc m93r ('07 hardkick):
http://www.redwolfai...il?prodID=25132

thanks
A metal barrel was not included with the gun because the engine is so violent that metal-metal contact would actually snap something.  Instead, the impact resistant polymer was chosen to keep the durability.  

Superior is subjective.
I know for a fact the NS2 93R comes with a metal slide, shoots hard, and kicks hard. This is an advantage for a regular or competitive user.

The KSC has the advantage of trademarks.

#5 lpesce

lpesce

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:53 AM

View PostSpiggy, on Dec 29 2008, 10:12 AM, said:

A metal barrel was not included with the gun because the engine is so violent that metal-metal contact would actually snap something.  Instead, the impact resistant polymer was chosen to keep the durability.  

Superior is subjective.
I know for a fact the NS2 93R comes with a metal slide, shoots hard, and kicks hard. This is an advantage for a regular or competitive user.

The KSC has the advantage of trademarks.

I thought KSC was mostly for the Japanese market. That is why the trade marks are there. But also in Japan one cannot have metal frames and slides, only plastic. Also in Japan there is a law that airsoft cannot be more than 1 joule (do not know how to translate into fps, but it is very low fps)

Leo

#6 killgore_trout

killgore_trout

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Location:Valhalla

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

View PostSpiggy, on Dec 29 2008, 10:12 AM, said:

A metal barrel was not included with the gun because the engine is so violent that metal-metal contact would actually snap something.  Instead, the impact resistant polymer was chosen to keep the durability.  

Superior is subjective.
I know for a fact the NS2 93R comes with a metal slide, shoots hard, and kicks hard. This is an advantage for a regular or competitive user.

the engine is violent due to the fact that it is a select-fire?

#7 Reason3d.net

Reason3d.net

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:41 PM

View Postkillgore_trout, on Dec 31 2008, 03:33 PM, said:

the engine is violent due to the fact that it is a select-fire?

no he meant the NS2

#8 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

View Postlpesce, on Dec 30 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

I thought KSC was mostly for the Japanese market. That is why the trade marks are there. But also in Japan one cannot have metal frames and slides, only plastic. Also in Japan there is a law that airsoft cannot be more than 1 joule (do not know how to translate into fps, but it is very low fps)

Leo
Hi:

Here's your joule calculation: Type   Speed                           Energy
                                                     328fps (with 0.2g BB) 1 Joule

GW

#9 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:24 PM

[quote name='gcw360' date='May 9 2009, 09:09 PM' post='8897']
Hi:

Here's your joule calculation: Type   Speed                           Energy
                                                     328fps (with 0.2g BB) 1 Joule

GW


Check this out for more info: [url="http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/articles/fps_limits/fps_calc.htm"]http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/a...ts/fps_calc.htm[/url]

(Cut and paste link)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users