• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 waynelu11

waynelu11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

I just traded a gun for a KWA g36 c today. The firs thing I did was take a look at the internals. I accidently scratched the gearbox external trying to take off the plate on top. Nothing big. Once inside, I niticed one bearing was pretty badly misaligned. I also noticed a generous amount of warping on the sector last 2 teeth. I was also ticked off at the spur gear which was cracked. From the looks of the crack, it looks like the inner spur gear peice was forcefully hammered into the outer spur gear peice ): Piston head had quite nice compression though. I AOE'd it, replace spur and sector, ported piston head, new piston(why not remove send to last tooth stock?) and put m115. 3 things I really want to know(I have not looked at other AEG forums, went straight to writing this review, so some stuff might be in other posts) 1. Why do the gears seem softer than standard chinese clone gears 2. What material is the gearbox shell made of and 3. Solid bushings anywhere?

Thanks. I do not want to be a trolololol, just somewhat dissapointed in quality. Performance is excellent though. fps, ROF, gearbox sound.

#2 karl_azytzeen

karl_azytzeen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft!!!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Spur design is this, The inner gear insede the outer gear, like you described. And IMO it is very thin, but is the cost of the oversized sector
gear.
I find the same issues in my km4, Nonported pistonhead, bad AOE and rust in the cylinder... but all them can be solved easy.
And I just changed the piston head... but im trying to "Port" the non-porded stock one.

Edited by karl_azytzeen, 23 June 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,545 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

View Postwaynelu11, on 23 June 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

I just traded a gun for a KWA g36 c today. The firs thing I did was take a look at the internals. I accidently scratched the gearbox external trying to take off the plate on top. Nothing big. Once inside, I niticed one bearing was pretty badly misaligned. I also noticed a generous amount of warping on the sector last 2 teeth. I was also ticked off at the spur gear which was cracked. From the looks of the crack, it looks like the inner spur gear peice was forcefully hammered into the outer spur gear peice ): Piston head had quite nice compression though. I AOE'd it, replace spur and sector, ported piston head, new piston(why not remove send to last tooth stock?) and put m115. 3 things I really want to know(I have not looked at other AEG forums, went straight to writing this review, so some stuff might be in other posts) 1. Why do the gears seem softer than standard chinese clone gears 2. What material is the gearbox shell made of and 3. Solid bushings anywhere?

Thanks. I do not want to be a trolololol, just somewhat dissapointed in quality. Performance is excellent though. fps, ROF, gearbox sound.
Could you post pictures of the gears so that we can comment while being fully informed?  FYI, after speaking to Spiggy, resident tech at KWA, the gears are not soft at all.  And while I do not remember their Rockwell Hardness, I do know that the KWA gears are quite hard and very durable without being brittle.  That said, if your "trade gun" has a substandard gear set, pictures would help to determine that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users