#1 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

Hello again everyone!

I got in my MP7, and have been very pleased so far!

The only trouble I am having, is that the BB feed in the included magazine seems to be getting the BB's dirty. If I load the magazine, and then unload it and examine the BBs, I notice they have streaks of black stuff on them, as if some paint or residue in the magazine is rubbing off on them. I've tried cleaning the magazine's BB feed, but haven't been very successful as it is difficult to reach all of the corners without disassembling the magazine (which I am very reluctant to do, since I do not know how.)

The gun has pretty good accuracy in general, but I get a fair amount of unexplainable wild shots that zip off right or left -- even with Madbull .25's. I'm guessing that since the BB's are getting dirty, this may be the cause, as the contaminants could be causing more friction on one side of the BB or the other.

Has anyone had any experience with this in their magazines, or know how to safely disassemble or clean them?

Edited by Hibiki, 01 December 2009 - 10:25 PM.

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:48 AM

What type of propellant are you using? Gas or Propane? If the residue effects accuracy then you should see inaccuracy across the board. Wild shots (flyers) are usually due to inconsistency in BB's. Without seeing the residue first hand, I'm guessing it may be silicone oil we use during assembly to protect from rust. Silicone oil is harmless.

I don't suggest dissembling the mag unless you want to replace all the seals which we don't have in stock at the moment.

#3 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:25 PM

Hmm... I don't suppose I'll try disassembling anything, then.

I am using standard propane, with a modest amount of silicone oil added. When I run a cleaning cloth through the BB-feed and then back out, it is covered in the same black stuff that gets on the BBs.

I did a test. I intentionally lubed the BB feed heavily with silicone oil, loaded up a magazine, and fired.
The oil would get on the sides of the BBs that touch the walls, and cause less friction on those points, making the BBs spray wildly in much the same way, but very exaggerated, of course.

After cleaning the excess silicone from the barrel, magazine and hop-up after the test, it shoots the same as before.

So, this leads me to believe that the cause is the magazine. Since only a small portion of the BBs come in contact with the magazine walls, so long as that specific portion of the BB is oriented so that it doesn't come in much contact with the hop-up or barrel, it shoots accurately. But others oriented in different ways do not. Or, at least, that is my theory.

Perhaps I'll keep running cleaning cloths through it carefully, and see if I can keep doing so until they no-longer come out covered in black.

Edited by Hibiki, 02 December 2009 - 12:30 PM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:25 AM

View PostHibiki, on 02 December 2009 - 12:25 PM, said:

Hmm... I don't suppose I'll try disassembling anything, then.

I am using standard propane, with a modest amount of silicone oil added. When I run a cleaning cloth through the BB-feed and then back out, it is covered in the same black stuff that gets on the BBs.

I did a test. I intentionally lubed the BB feed heavily with silicone oil, loaded up a magazine, and fired.
The oil would get on the sides of the BBs that touch the walls, and cause less friction on those points, making the BBs spray wildly in much the same way, but very exaggerated, of course.

After cleaning the excess silicone from the barrel, magazine and hop-up after the test, it shoots the same as before.

So, this leads me to believe that the cause is the magazine. Since only a small portion of the BBs come in contact with the magazine walls, so long as that specific portion of the BB is oriented so that it doesn't come in much contact with the hop-up or barrel, it shoots accurately. But others oriented in different ways do not. Or, at least, that is my theory.

Perhaps I'll keep running cleaning cloths through it carefully, and see if I can keep doing so until they no-longer come out covered in black.

I have an MP7 and while Ive seen some of this residue on a few BB's that was mostly when the gun and mag were new.  I use Green Gas and have not seen the inconsistencies that you have.  That said, I'm curious what BB's you are using and have you tried other brands to see if the problem persists?

#5 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:48 AM

I am using "Airsoft GI" .25's. According to them, they're made by Madbull, so I would expect them to be good.
Here's the link: http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=3143

I'd like to try out .28's or .30's in this gun, so I'll likely use that opportunity to try a different brand.

The more rounds I put through it, and continue to clean it, the more it seems to be getting a little better. It might just take a little while. When I get my spare magazine in I'll see if it's any different.

Edited by Hibiki, 03 December 2009 - 09:50 AM.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:37 PM

View PostHibiki, on 03 December 2009 - 09:48 AM, said:

I am using "Airsoft GI" .25's. According to them, they're made by Madbull, so I would expect them to be good.
Here's the link: http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=3143

I'd like to try out .28's or .30's in this gun, so I'll likely use that opportunity to try a different brand.

The more rounds I put through it, and continue to clean it, the more it seems to be getting a little better. It might just take a little while. When I get my spare magazine in I'll see if it's any different.

I've used .25's KSC Perfect BB's in mine with good results.  That said I have also had very good results with G&G .25's.  It really depends on the gun, barrel and overall set-up.  Since your MP7 is stock, I would experiment with various brands until you get the performance you like :gun:

#7 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:52 AM

Oil is a dust magnet, with a little bit of dust, it'll start wearing the finish on the magazine.  This is usually the black goop you find in the end.

#8 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:40 PM

>GCW, I find my hop up to be very finicky, and extremely difficult to set for .25's. Turn one click right, and they're way too high, one click back left, and they're low again. I'm hoping with .28's or .30's I can get the right hop-up-to-weight ratio, and further range (or rather, accuracy at range). When a tight-bore barrel upgrade comes out(I wonder when that might be?), I should be decently equipped for woodland scenarios :)

I am strongly considering trying KSC, G&G, or AE bb's next time, though. While the ones I purchased aren't bad, I'm not overly impressed. The AE's that I've used in the past seem to be better polished, and over all a little more accurate.

>Spiggy
Ah, good point! I guess keeping my magazine as dry is a good idea then.

Edited by Hibiki, 04 December 2009 - 04:16 PM.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:39 PM

View PostHibiki, on 04 December 2009 - 03:40 PM, said:

>GCW, I find my hop up to be very finicky, and extremely difficult to set for .25's. Turn one click right, and they're way too high, one click back left, and they're low again. I'm hoping with .28's or .30's I can get the right hop-up-to-weight ratio, and further range (or rather, accuracy at range). When a tight-bore barrel upgrade comes out(I wonder when that might be?), I should be decently equipped for woodland scenarios :)

I am strongly considering trying KSC, G&G, or AE bb's next time, though. While the ones I purchased aren't bad, I'm not overly impressed. The AE's that I've used in the past seem to be better polished, and over all a little more accurate.

>Spiggy
Ah, good point! I guess keeping my magazine as dry is a good idea then.

I agree with you on the hop-up.  It is sensitive.  Though I am doing well with the G&G 0.25's.  They are actually a bit heavier than the KCS .25's.  Let me know what works out best for you.  Maybe that will save me some experimenting ;)

#10 Guest_Box Goblin_*

Guest_Box Goblin_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

sometime i employ dry lubricant for magazine rail. oil and other wet lurbicant attrack sands.

#11 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

Dry lubricant? I've not heard of that before. Where can I find such a thing, and what is it called?

#12 crater.manic@gmail.com

crater.manic@gmail.com

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:17 AM

View PostBox Goblin, on 04 December 2009 - 06:14 PM, said:

sometime i employ dry lubricant for magazine rail. oil and other wet lurbicant attrack sands.
Are you referring to something like PTFE spray? You reckon introducing powdery stuff into the system is a good idea?

#13 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:18 PM

I think he means putting it on the "dry" surfaces like the rails on a magazine or possibly the rails on the bolt.

#14 Guest_Box Goblin_*

Guest_Box Goblin_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

exact!  dry surface exposeds to sands cause potential problems when use with oil.  I choose dry lubricant because necessary rapid cleaning cause severe headaches for me. dry lubricant use much long, clean much less!

avoid use dry lubricant on silicone/rubbers masterial because no guarantee long term effect.  still use silicone oil for major parts.

#15 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:58 PM

I gotta try this...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users