#1 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:HOBBYHOLIC

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

Just bought it not long ago. I have heard rumors that this thing will die fast, and has few problems. I have no problems yet, i strip down the gun to see the insides. I found out that the rocket valve is black and plastic. If i buy a metal rocket valve from stores such as evike, will it work? maybe increase fps?. Also, the gun frame below says KSC Coporation, but mine is kwa... Is Full metal gives more recoil? or the plastic gives more recoil? Oh and the mags.. will it work for my metal slide only??

vernon

#2 generalvinny

generalvinny

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:55 PM

View Postvernonreaper, on 12 May 2010 - 01:16 PM, said:

Just bought it not long ago. I have heard rumors that this thing will die fast, and has few problems. I have no problems yet, i strip down the gun to see the insides. I found out that the rocket valve is black and plastic. If i buy a metal rocket valve from stores such as evike, will it work? maybe increase fps?. Also, the gun frame below says KSC Coporation, but mine is kwa... Is Full metal gives more recoil? or the plastic gives more recoil? Oh and the mags.. will it work for my metal slide only??

vernon

I have never heard of any problems with the m1911a1 as well as any kwa gbb pistols.  
The plastic rocket valve will do the job while I haven't heard any reports of it breaking or cracking.
If you do upgrade it, you will get +5-10 fps, somewhere around there.
The gun frame does say KSC Corporation and while I'm not to sure why its there, its still KWA.
A full metal slide will defiantly give you more recoil but won't be as fast as a plastic slide, while a plastic slide will give you a more faster slide cycle.
The mags should work with either slide ; Just make sure the slide is compatible with the ns2 system.
That is unless, you have the SUPER old version which isn't ns2.
Hope this helped.

#3 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:01 PM

The KWA M1911A1 has a NS2 gas system and is the only version available. The KWA M1911A1 shares the same frame as the KSC M1911A1 which explains the KSC marking. Plastic slides provide a "slightly" faster slide action while metal slides provide a more realistic recoil action. In a M1911A1, a high flow valve will be more effective than a metal rocket valve.

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

You can order a metal rocker valve from us, we have a current gen aluminum one that is issued with the PTP series.  Because there was no update with the 1911A1 recently, the current run does not have the aluminum yet.

there's no real benefit to the performance of you gun.  The factory aluminum one is made for longevity (you can beat up aluminum longer than nylon.) But changing it out now would be predictive maintenance.

It is a good thing to note that most aftermarket parts are made for Japanese-Spec guns with lesser outputs than their foreign counterparts.

I would stray from a high flow valve.  By technicality, it's working at optimum gas efficiency, introducing a high flow will cause the gun to eat gas like crazy.  This is not a good thing if you're looking for mileage.

#5 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

I don't know if is NS2

This is what the box came with..
Posted Image
Can't read the Chinese character, but it's says 2. What do you guys think?

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:45 AM

looks to be the first run of 1911A1, which comes with a NS2 engine, but a plastic frame.

#7 generalvinny

generalvinny

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:34 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 13 May 2010 - 10:45 AM, said:

looks to be the first run of 1911A1, which comes with a NS2 engine, but a plastic frame.
Spiggy,
I've seen two ns2 1911a1's
Both have metal slides, but one with a plastic slide, one with a metal
Any difference in specifically in performance?

#8 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

It's hard to say, with every update is a slight factor changed.  Being that I wasn't around to personally handle the first marked 1911A1, I can't give a definite answer.  The metal frame is a definite cool factor, and would be more likely to survive an accidental holster drop(whatever the stats might be).  But that's all build material constraints.

I do know that there are also plastic models that existed a millennium ago (in fact, probably not even for US import).  These models can vary in engine designs as well.

#9 Gunny

Gunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

My internal gas chamber recently cracked and I had to order a new one. The replacement came today, any ideas on how to replace it manually guys? The chamber itself is too big to just slide in.

#10 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

I can help you, just post a picture here of the problem and maybe ill make a instruction how to replace it.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

View Postvernonreaper, on 16 May 2010 - 04:45 PM, said:

I can help you, just post a picture here of the problem and maybe ill make a instruction how to replace it.

:popcorn:,:popcorn:,:popcorn:,:popcorn:,:popcorn:,:popcorn:
:popcorn:,:popcorn:,:popcorn:,:popcorn:,

We are watchin' and a waitin'

#12 Gunny

Gunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

Amazingly enough I did it myself. All you have to do is field strip the gun and remove the inner barrel. Then you just unscrew and pull the gas chamber out. The thing was stuck hard and generally you need to watch the small springs here and there. Pulling it all back in might be a pain in the a** however.

One thing is for sure, my M1911 shoots like its out of the box thanks to that replacement.

All I'm waiting for is a damn metal frame to be on sale.

#13 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

have you phoned in and asked?  Don't trust the web's status.   :whistle:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users