Jump to content


Does not fire all round, slide lock before it's out


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jsbsullivan@gmail.com

jsbsullivan@gmail.com

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country:

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

Hi there, i would want to know what part could be causing this. It's a random effect. Something the slide will lock after 5-6 BB, sometime it will shoot all BB but 1 (Gas mag, full, tried different BB brand too)

I have 4 differents mags, all does that, sometime it doesn't.

Would like to know what part could be causing the GBB to think that there's not ammo in it. I was thinking the slide lock lever maybe?

My M9 work perfectly tought..

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Country:

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

Which gun?

Hitting the slide lock with your support hand is a common issue.  Shoot the gun with just the right hand and see what happens.

-- Chuck

#3 jsbsullivan@gmail.com

jsbsullivan@gmail.com

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country:

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostChuck S, on 24 August 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Which gun?

Hitting the slide lock with your support hand is a common issue.  Shoot the gun with just the right hand and see what happens.

-- Chuck

The TT-33, i'am a lefty so my support hand is on the other side. I've tried just now to do it with only 1 hand and still lock randomly half way or don't shoot the last BB...

#4 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

View Postjsbsullivan@gmail.com, on 24 August 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:


The TT-33, i'am a lefty so my support hand is on the other side. I've tried just now to do it with only 1 hand and still lock randomly half way or don't shoot the last BB...
I'm perplexed.  I have the TT-33 and there is no spring to holds the slide lock in the down position.  I say this because other pistols will rely on this to avoid exactly what you describe.  The only thing that should cause the slide lock to engage is the BB follower or an outside upward force applied to the slide lock itself.

#5 jsbsullivan@gmail.com

jsbsullivan@gmail.com

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

View Postgcw360, on 24 August 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

I'm perplexed.  I have the TT-33 and there is no spring to holds the slide lock in the down position.  I say this because other pistols will rely on this to avoid exactly what you describe.  The only thing that should cause the slide lock to engage is the BB follower or an outside upward force applied to the slide lock itself.

Maybe i have a part that is manifactured 0.1mm to big or not enought so it engage it sometime depending on the movement of the gun. I know KWA GBB don't have lot of play in them, their tight (my M9 is..) so

#6 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:29 AM

View Postjsbsullivan@gmail.com, on 26 August 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

Maybe i have a part that is manifactured 0.1mm to big or not enought so it engage it sometime depending on the movement of the gun. I know KWA GBB don't have lot of play in them, their tight (my M9 is..) so
I'm thinking along the same lines myself.  The slide locking lever does not have a spring holding it down as the HK models do.  So, perhaps, as the gun fires the recoil is causing the lever to move and when it moves up it catches the slide. Taking a very small amount of material off the top of the catch may help to alleviate the issue.  You could try this but I would get yourself a second slide catch first, or at least make sure they are available in the Pro Shop, just in case.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users