• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JackSharp

JackSharp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

Hey everyone, I'm new here to the KWA forums.  I joined primarily for this problem I have with my kp45.  

I want to add a new metal slide to it but I cant figure out how to swap out the gas device that takes the gas from the magazine to propel the BB.  I've gotten as far as removing the rear sights and the screw at the bottom of the (have no idea what its called)-thing, but I cant get passed that.  It looks as tho there's a tab at the front of the device that I have to push inward and snap the whole piece out... but I don't exactly want to force it out and possibly break it.  

Any tips, suggestions, comments?

Thanks

#2 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:35 AM

View PostJackSharp, on Jul 15 2008, 10:14 PM, said:

Hey everyone, I'm new here to the KWA forums.  I joined primarily for this problem I have with my kp45.  

I want to add a new metal slide to it but I cant figure out how to swap out the gas device that takes the gas from the magazine to propel the BB.  I've gotten as far as removing the rear sights and the screw at the bottom of the (have no idea what its called)-thing, but I cant get passed that.  It looks as tho there's a tab at the front of the device that I have to push inward and snap the whole piece out... but I don't exactly want to force it out and possibly break it.  

Any tips, suggestions, comments?

Thanks

Did you look at the Part Diagram, found at the top of the KP Series forum? Should help see if there is anything else you need to take out to pull apart the gas device.

I also have a KP45, but have not yet gotten to that level of disassembly.

Cheers
Leo

#3 JackSharp

JackSharp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:54 AM

View Postlpesce, on Jul 16 2008, 09:35 AM, said:

Did you look at the Part Diagram, found at the top of the KP Series forum? Should help see if there is anything else you need to take out to pull apart the gas device.

I also have a KP45, but have not yet gotten to that level of disassembly.

Cheers
Leo

I have looked at the diagram for the kp45.  On piece #35, I already removed the screw (37) that should secure the device to the slide.  The only other part that I can see that I can remove from it are the striking pin (36, 40, 38) but I doubt those are what are keeping it secured into the slide.  

By removing the screw and back sights, there is some leeway for the device to move away from the slide, but only from the back end (where I removed the screw).  The part of the device where it still seems to be snagged has a tab looking indent on it, but like I said before, i dont want to force it til I know for certain because I don't want to break it.

Thanks for the suggestions so far tho.

#4 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:12 AM

There is a trick to removing Part#35.  The 2 side walls need to be unlocked inward at the same time.  The trick is to use your index finger to apply pressure to the chrome piston (part#127) while unlocking the side walls.

#5 JackSharp

JackSharp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

View PostRadix, on Jul 17 2008, 10:12 AM, said:

There is a trick to removing Part#35.  The 2 side walls need to be unlocked inward at the same time.  The trick is to use your index finger to apply pressure to the chrome piston (part#127) while unlocking the side walls.

Thanks so much, it worked like a charm

#6 uspmatch

uspmatch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

Im having the same problem. I tried looking at the parts diagram, and doing what you told the other guy to do.  I still have no idea what your talking about. how are the side walls disengaged, which direction am I supposed to be pressing on the piston?

EDIT: nevermind i just got it.

Edited by uspmatch, 20 July 2008 - 05:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users