Jump to content


K120 Feeding Problems


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Gojyumatt

Gojyumatt

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pa
  • Country:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Yup! Numerous times in the past few weeks. :/

Never noticed a feeding issues with it before either!  

So naturally I know the next response... The feeding ramp isn't seated properly..  

I've tried taking the screws out and repositioning it a few different times but it never solves the issue.  


Any suggestions?  

The feeding ramp is clear of debris. There is no plastic trim leftover inside from the molding process that would block the bbs passage.
And it wasn't damaged in any way during disassembly.   Like I said it worked fine before I took it apart.    So it's got to be something I did!    I just can't figure out what!

Also the minute you turn the gun upside down it feeds fine again for a little while.    
And if you keep the gun upside down the entire mag it will feed flawlessly!
Then I'll take the very same mag reload it and put it in my m4 and it fires perfectly!  116 every time without a mis-feed. (seems to take 4 bbs to go up the ramp)
Yet once back in the sr-12 I'll get a mis-feed within 10 shots....

If you dry fire 4-5 times you can usually fire a few more bbs before it happens again.

Could it be a gearbox issue?  Tappet plate related maybe??  (just a thought).
The air nozzle is still in place do I don't think it's that.  

I'm totally puzzled at this point!  

All I know is it's my fault :(

#22 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

    What's a Warranty?

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!
  • Country:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

If it was the tappet plate none of your mag will feed but since its only the K120 you are experiencing problems with I doubt that it is. Just for kicks, have you tried swapping out the feed ramps between your 2 guns?

#23 Gojyumatt

Gojyumatt

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pa
  • Country:

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

Nope but that was my next step!  If that works I'll just be ordering a new feeding ramp

#24 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

If you are still stuck I think it's time to have someone else look at the gun physically to get a second opinion.  Naturally I would suggest you send the gun and the mag to our service center.  Contact our helpdesk and see what other options we can give you.

#25 Gojyumatt

Gojyumatt

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pa
  • Country:

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

With all the craziness on the east cpast I haven't been able to work on them but I plan to today.

I agree 100% allizard!  If after today they aren't shooting like they used to I'm sending both my m4 and sr12 to you guys for professional repair!   I was really hoping to be able to handle it myself but at this point maybe a second set of eyes can figure out what I cant!

I'll either post tonight saying its fixed or I'll be crying that I have to send them in!    Hopefully the first one!

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Thanks for all the help guys!

#26 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Fingers crossed*
Good luck to you!

#27 Chuck S

Chuck S

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Country:

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

It would be nice if these worked all the time but they're only ten bucks each and will wear out in time.  Buy another 6-pack and play with the problem mags over the winter.

-- Chuck

#28 Gojyumatt

Gojyumatt

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pa
  • Country:

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Thanks kingsize!  

I would chuck.... But this 6pack is only about a month old!  :)


#29 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

    What's a Warranty?

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!
  • Country:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

I have purchased 3 K120 packs in the past couple of months and I have found 2 that gave me feeding problems.  The bb's were not pushing up and was getting stuck in the mag bb channel.  I simply took the spring out then stretched it a bit then cleaned the follower and mad sure there were no burrs or dirt on it.  Then reinserted everything and problem solved.

#30 alpha558

alpha558

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country:

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Had same problem, fixed asap. File the tab back a lil. Works great.

#31 scottyleon09

scottyleon09

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country:

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

hello, im having the same problems with every single one of my (7) k120 magazines. Its possible that I have left them loaded overnight but I have opened, cleaned, and lubricated the magazines... and still nothing. I have only had these magazines for about a month. I'm very displeased with KWA's magazines right now seeing as how I paid $60 for these and they didn't even last 6 months!!! Makes me think that I should go with a different brand next time.

#32 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

View Postscottyleon09, on 14 October 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

hello, im having the same problems with every single one of my (7) k120 magazines. Its possible that I have left them loaded overnight but I have opened, cleaned, and lubricated the magazines... and still nothing. I have only had these magazines for about a month. I'm very displeased with KWA's magazines right now seeing as how I paid $60 for these and they didn't even last 6 months!!! Makes me think that I should go with a different brand next time.
Hi Scottyleon - Welcome to the KWA forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your mags.  We are here to help you.  I have some questions, what gun are you using and what mods have been done to the gun?  Also, what BB's are you using?  There can be lots of reasons for feeding issues, most of which are not actually the mags.  Let's try to eliminate some potential possibilities.

#33 scottyleon09

scottyleon09

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country:

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

I'm using an echo 1 m4  and no mods done to it other than an extended barrel.  I use matrix .20  bbs and matrix .25 bbs.

#34 scottyleon09

scottyleon09

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country:

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I have also tried them in a stock magpul Masada and the same thing happens.


#35 scottyleon09

scottyleon09

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country:

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

View Postgcw360, on 14 October 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Hi Scottyleon - Welcome to the KWA forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your mags.  We are here to help you.  I have some questions, what gun are you using and what mods have been done to the gun?  Also, what BB's are you using?  There can be lots of reasons for feeding issues, most of which are not actually the mags.  Let's try to eliminate some potential possibilities.

I'm using an echo 1 m4  and no mods done to it other than an extended barrel.  I use matrix .20  bbs and matrix .

#36 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

While I can't guarantee this will work for an Echo 1 gun, here's what I would try. You can add electrical tape under the magazine between the magazine and the sliding base plate to seat the internals just slightly higher. Also, you can shave the tab that restricts the BB's from coming out of the magazine until it is inserted into the gun. There is no reason it needs to be that big and you can get away with shaving it about 1mm shorter so it'll be easier for the hop up nozzle to open up that tab.

FYI, special thanks to an unnamed KWA authority for the assist on this answer....

Hope this helps.

#37 scottyleon09

scottyleon09

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country:

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

View Postgcw360, on 15 October 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

While I can't guarantee this will work for an Echo 1 gun, here's what I would try. You can add electrical tape under the magazine between the magazine and the sliding base plate to seat the internals just slightly higher. Also, you can shave the tab that restricts the BB's from coming out of the magazine until it is inserted into the gun. There is no reason it needs to be that big and you can get away with shaving it about 1mm shorter so it'll be easier for the hop up nozzle to open up that tab.

FYI, special thanks to an unnamed KWA authority for the assist on this answer....

Hope this helps.
Will definetly try this shaving method and let you know if it works... thanks for the tips Supreme Guru

#38 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

View Postscottyleon09, on 15 October 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Will definetly try this shaving method and let you know if it works... thanks for the tips Supreme Guru
My pleasure!

#39 Rain Man

Rain Man

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously). Gaming. Baseball. Fantasy Football. Skiing
  • Country:

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

I had the same problem with my K120 with my cqr. To resole the issue i opened up the mag to see if i could find anything, and sure enough, there was a LOT of extra grease on the bb track (probably just to keep it lubricated) So i cleaned the track the bbs run on as well as the spring, put it back together, and now it works fine! My suggestion to everyone having this problem would be open it up, deep clean everything inside, and put it back together. It should work.

Good Luck! :tsuki:

Edited by Rain Man, 17 October 2013 - 09:51 AM.


#40 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

    What's a Warranty?

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!
  • Country:

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostRain Man, on 17 October 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

I had the same problem with my K120 with my cqr. To resole the issue i opened up the mag to see if i could find anything, and sure enough, there was a LOT of extra grease on the bb track (probably just to keep it lubricated) So i cleaned the track the bbs run on as well as the spring, put it back together, and now it works fine! My suggestion to everyone having this problem would be open it up, deep clean everything inside, and put it back together. It should work.

Good Luck! :tsuki:

That's what I had to do with some of them and I have 12.  They all feed great in my KWA AEG's.  Haven't tried with any other brand AEG because kingsize would beat me with an SR12 cleaning rod if he found out I own any other brands other than KWA. :cry:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users