• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Seraphim_fdlt

Seraphim_fdlt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

Hey, I recently bought a licensed g36c hk kwa airsoft gun. Its an amazing gun right out of the box but I am interested in upgrading this gun if possible to make it slightly better. I'm looking for a better ROF and FPS if possible. I am wondering if I should upgrade the barrel longer to increase accurecy. And to add a stronger battery. I wanna max this gun out for field play and I'm looking into getting the hk kwa mp7 for cqb. So any suggestions in what I should do to increase this gun to become a beast lol..

Thanks!

#2 Seraphim_fdlt

Seraphim_fdlt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

Any suggestions?

#3 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

What sort of field do you play at and what is the fps limit there?

On top of that, what sort of magazines and bb's do you use?

#4 Seraphim_fdlt

Seraphim_fdlt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

We play on an open field in the woods n there is a area for cqb but I'm gonna buy another cqb gun.. I believe The limit for FPS is 450 or so.. I'm interested in getting the accurecy up n FPS I'm looking into buying a lipo for this gun. I use the mag it came with high cap and also .20g but I think I'm gonna get into .23 or .25

Edited by Seraphim_fdlt, 03 July 2012 - 09:52 AM.

#5 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

Don't open the gear box. If you do you will have to replace most of the internals or use exact KWA parts which is not an upgrade. KWA is not TM compatible in many areas and you will spend a buck fifty getting your gun back up. For instance the shims are permanently attached to the gears and cant be changed. They use odd ball bearing sizes with hard to get bushing replacements. Their Piston head is not vented and the piston longer than most and it is soft and strips.

You should leave your KWA gun alone till it breaks. It's a good gun.

If you want to upgrade you should have got another gun that was TM compatible.

Mine was nice till I opened the can of KWA worms.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

View Postphilsaudio, on 04 July 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

Don't open the gear box. If you do you will have to replace most of the internals or use exact KWA parts which is not an upgrade. KWA is not TM compatible in many areas and you will spend a buck fifty getting your gun back up. For instance the shims are permanently attached to the gears and cant be changed. They use odd ball bearing sizes with hard to get bushing replacements. Their Piston head is not vented and the piston longer than most and it is soft and strips.

Regarding compatibility, there are plenty of after market parts (TM compatible) that are compatible with KWA.  What is often the case is that these part don't necessarily improve performance and are therefore don't warrant their use.

#7 RexRocker AEG Dr

RexRocker AEG Dr

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Everything Airsoft, Guitar

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

:huh: Check your facts.  Bearings, should they be needed, are available through the Pro Shop and on line retailers.  Evike has a Matrix branded set on-line though I recommend the OEM set.  Your comment regarding the piston head is perplexing, it's not ported, true, but what do you mean by that...are you implying it's a bad thing?  It's not. The piston is standard length (TM compatible) and has lasted me close to 100K rounds in one of my M4's. Oh, the shim comment is off.  The gear tolerances are such that they need minimal shimming if at all.  This is a good thing.  KWA gears readily go into other brand gearboxes, I've done it to G&G's, and other brands of gears go into KWA gearboxes, albeit with more shimming required than the OEG gears but the is result of the other brand's gearbox dimensions.

Edited by gcw360, 04 July 2012 - 07:18 AM.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

View PostSeraphim_fdlt, on 01 July 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

Hey, I recently bought a licensed g36c hk kwa airsoft gun. Its an amazing gun right out of the box but I am interested in upgrading this gun if possible to make it slightly better. I'm looking for a better ROF and FPS if possible. I am wondering if I should upgrade the barrel longer to increase accurecy. And to add a stronger battery. I wanna max this gun out for field play and I'm looking into getting the hk kwa mp7 for cqb. So any suggestions in what I should do to increase this gun to become a beast lol..

Thanks!
A TBB (longer than your current one) with a barrel extension along with a KWA M130 spring is really all I would consider for your upgrade regarding accuracy and FPS.  The combination would have you at about 450FPS with .2's.  In fact, I would just try the spring first and decide if you really need the TBB.  The spring is about 12 bucks...the TBB is more like $75.   A LiPo (11.1) battery will give you plenty of RPS.

Also, with the set-up I just described I would us .30 g BB's to enhance performance.

#9 Seraphim_fdlt

Seraphim_fdlt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

Thanks! Appreciate that! That is what I was figuring... I was looking into the m130 spring but not sure which tbb i should look into of getting does the pro shop have them. I already ordered a lipo for my gun. To increase the rof.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostSeraphim_fdlt, on 04 July 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Thanks! Appreciate that! That is what I was figuring... I was looking into the m130 spring but not sure which tbb i should look into of getting does the pro shop have them. I already ordered a lipo for my gun. To increase the rof.
The Pro Shop sells 2 at the moment.  One is M16 length and the other M4A1 Carbine length.  The carbine length would be the one to consider if you can fine a barrel extension long enough to cover it.

#11 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostRexRocker AEG Dr, on 04 July 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

:huh: Check your facts.  Bearings, should they be needed, are available through the Pro Shop and on line retailers.  Evike has a Matrix branded set on-line though I recommend the OEM set.  Your comment regarding the piston head is perplexing, it's not ported, true, but what do you mean by that...are you implying it's a bad thing?  It's not. The piston is standard length (TM compatible) and has lasted me close to 100K rounds in one of my M4's. Oh, the shim comment is off.  The gear tolerances are such that they need minimal shimming if at all.  This is a good thing.  KWA gears readily go into other brand gearboxes, I've done it to G&G's, and other brands of gears go into KWA gearboxes, albeit with more shimming required than the OEG gears but the is result of the other brand's gearbox dimensions.

My KWA G36 has two 9mm bearings and four 8mm. Since bushings are much more reliable and easier to install the gears to that is what I want. I had to sent to china for some. Nowhere to be found in US.

Not to much to purplex about on the non-ported piston head. Ported plastic ones without the bearing inside are lighter and better for a real LIPO in a gun with an " insane rate-of-fire". If you are upgrading you will need one of them too.

KWA guns are famous for premature engagement over cycling problems. If your piston ran for a hundred thousand rounds you did like I said. Just run it like it is it aint a bad gun. If you want to upgrade you should not buy KWA it is a can of worms.

The shims are permanent part of the gears. They do not come off. My comment is not off. If you put bushings in you may need new gears too because the shims do not come off of KWA gears.

If you want to upgrade don't get KWA. If you want good out of the box get KWA.

Edited by philsaudio, 07 July 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#12 Guest_Shogo_*

Guest_Shogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

View Postphilsaudio, on 04 July 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

KWA guns are famous for premature engagement problems. If your piston ran for a hundred thousand rounds you did like I said. Just run it like it is it aint a bad gun. If you want to upgrade you should not buy KWA it is a can of worms.

Premature engagement is a load of crap.  Seriously, maybe someone don't know how to upgrade properly on a KWA gearbox and calling it can of worms.  I certainly have no trouble working on my KWA's.

#13 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

View PostShogo, on 04 July 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

Premature engagement is a load of crap.  Seriously, maybe someone don't know how to upgrade properly on a KWA gearbox and calling it can of worms.  I certainly have no trouble working on my KWA's.

Denial will only get a reader so far. If you do not believe, open the can and see.
Note that his quote just calls me full of crap but does not answer the rants. This guy is a marketing professional.

KWA=

Kan
Worms
Alovertheplace

I own  two KWAs and two SRCs and JG. KWA is not what you want to upgrade, it is what you want to use out of the box and then sell it when it breaks. KWA works well with KWA parts and does not play all that well with other TM parts. Like a chain with special size links. Good till it breaks than takes a lot of fitment or hair-pulling fits to get it back together again.

If you want an upgradable platform get something else. If you want pretty good and don't touch it KWA will be OKay.

All your fanboy talk will not change the fact that my V3GB needs a lot of replacement parts to work with an 11.1V 25C lipo. Just the fact that the factory recommends a lipo with 15C same as NiMH shows that they know that the advertized LiPO READY is a gimmic. A 15 C Lipo is not really what LiPO is about. A real LIpo will tear up the KWA piston due to premature engagement.

Just go to another site not owned by KWA for the truth. I think this guy is trying to sensor me by discrediting me but he has no argument but denial and a personal attack.

"Premature engagement is a load of crap. "
http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=8961 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Peace

Edited by philsaudio, 05 July 2012 - 07:39 AM.

#14 Seraphim_fdlt

Seraphim_fdlt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

All sounds good I just bought a lipo 11.1v 20c 1600 mAh for my gun. Since it said it was able to hold it and someone else mentioned to me that it would work and that he showed and made a video using that battery pack and it fits under the barrel. I just wanna mainly upgrade the barrel and spring. But hope I don't have to really upgrade to much be ause of the lipo.

#15 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

I have extensively used countless number of aftermarket TM spec parts in my KWA guns and have never had any issues. I have even used KWA parts like gears, cylinder head, piston/ piston head and etc on NON-KWA guns like CYMA, G&G, A&K, and ECHO1.   And the piston is not longer than other aftermarket pistons and frankly you are the first person to ever say so. Also the KWA pistons are not "softer" and is reinforced. And I do agree that 9mm bushings are harder to find but companies like 5KU and others are slowly manufacturing them for mass market. It is true that there are parts in my KWA GB that I usually don't alter (like the hop-up, tappet plate and air nozzle) but due to KWA's excellent compression I do not feel the need.

#16 Guest_Shogo_*

Guest_Shogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

Au contraire Grand Pa...

I'd spend literally thousands of dollars on airsoft guns and parts for the last 6 years.  And I'd opened up my KWA M4 ad G36 gearbox countless of times fiddling with different aftermarket parts.  They will work if you are doing it correctly with the right set of gears and piston.  You can't expect to change out one thing and call it a day.  So as far as I'm concern, there is no gear engagement issue.  

Sure you can argue about the 25c discharge rate can strip the piston.  Personally I don't see the point to have high ROF shooting 40-45 rounds per sec.  Unless you want to compensate your lack of aim with lobbing a bunch of BBs to increase your chances at hitting your opponents.  Oh wait I forgot you were a paintball player... right on.   But you know....  I had been using 25c discharge with Lipo + mosfet on the KWA G36c. Remember those old KWA G36c with a large hand guard, lots of room in there for a big LIPO battery.   Mind you I did have to change the piston and gear ratios to get it working.  Finding the right tappet plate was fun.   Then again, I can't say it's a can of worms since it does work.

Oh and talk about another forum, I really hope you are talking about ASM, ASF, ASR, Arnies, ASB because I read all of them.  And frankly, forums are dying and not like it's used to be say even 3 years ago.  Why should I care about another forums with a bunch of uninformed, mindless, hear say lamebrains?!  seriously.  

So what is it now... I'm actually getting a bit confuse from your comment.  Is it because KWA so proprietary that you can't get it to work with 25c discharge rate or you can actually get it working with changing out a bunch of parts which is supposed to be proprietary?  That's kinda oxymoron isn't it?

Edited by Shogo, 06 July 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#17 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

@Shogo,  we have similar conversation before.  Please don't make me repeat it.  You know what I'm talking about.

@Philsaudio, while I do appreciate your comments, even the negative one.  KWA do reserve the right to set the specification on what's consider Lipo ready under warranty which is at 15c.  25c does create issues with motor over cycling and possible burning out trigger contacts without  control chip or mosfet system.  Therefore it's not recommended.  As for the link you included in your post, it's not a pre-engagement issue but rather a timing issue.

sigh... things I do 1:40am in the morning... :cry:

#18 Seraphim_fdlt

Seraphim_fdlt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Will the gun be ok with the 20c lipo n I also am looking into getting a tbb n [barrel extension] but was wondering if this combo would work...

http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=2357
MadBull Gemtech "Blackside" Barrel Extension
14mm CCW M4 Cosmetic Mock Suppressor
[Y02F01][02357 / MB BE BS]

http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=6166
Masamune 6.01mm Extreme Precision Inner Barrel for M1A1 / M4 CQB ( 300mm )
AEG Cut Accuracy Upgrade Echo 1 Classic Army Tokyo Marui Cyma King Arms G4 G&G
[Z10B07][06166 / GImasa300mm]

I was thinking about getting alittle longer barrel and was wondering if the extension would go over it and the barrel will sit inside of the extension so that extra 5inch the barrel has would be covered by the extension..
Hope this makes sense,..

#19 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

Personally I would preferred a KM barrel.  

Like I've said previously, 15c is what we recommend.  Keep in mind there are cause and effect when you step out of specification.  As long as you understand that you can do whatever you want.

#20 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

I have recently seen a KWA CQB that stripped all the teeth on the piston and burnt out the trigger contacts from using a 11.1V 40C battery.  And the owner of the gun said this happened because KWA "sucks!"  :rofl1:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Parts, Upgrade, Barrel, G36c, Gears, Springs, Rof, Fps

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users