4 replies to this topic

#1 masterhex

masterhex

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

hey guys, i'm here to ask for anyone's assistance regarding my g36. I opened her up today to replace the oring, I used daphne's video tutorial on how to take apart the gearbox (I have alot of experience with m4's such as my m16, sr10 and my sons m4 as far as opening them up, fixing/lubbing and putting them back together.

but this gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so frustrated right now. I've spent three hours trying to fix two issues:

1) the stupid spring that connects with the trigger. It will not stay!!!!!!!!!!!!.

2)when i decided not to put the spring back in, i closed up the gearbox and finally trying to put the gearbox into the pistol grip I can't for the life of me get it to settle..........

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

#2 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

#1 have someone help. Once you get everything lined up perfectly, have someone hold the trigger in place. It's not easy to get all the trigger componets in right to begin with.  It still may take several tries.

#2 if you cant get the gearbox into the lower reciever, it might have something to do with the position of the selector switch. I can't remember the correct position.

That gun can be frustrating to get back together.   The m4 is much easier.

#3 masterhex

masterhex

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

got it to work...assembled the gb without the spring/trigger and then cracked it open from the front enough to get it to fit. But so Frustrating!!!!

thanks.

#4 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Working on G36 the first time can be frustrating but after that it becomes fairly straight forward. In case you become stuck upon dissembling and reassembling it, there are plenty of guides online on disassembling most of the G36. Checking it up the first beforehand would have saved myself a lot of time and frustration as well when I first dissembled a G36. :blinded:

#5 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

View Postmasterhex, on 29 June 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

hey guys, i'm here to ask for anyone's assistance regarding my g36. I opened her up today to replace the oring, I used daphne's video tutorial on how to take apart the gearbox (I have alot of experience with m4's such as my m16, sr10 and my sons m4 as far as opening them up, fixing/lubbing and putting them back together.

but this gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so frustrated right now. I've spent three hours trying to fix two issues:

1) the stupid spring that connects with the trigger. It will not stay!!!!!!!!!!!!.

2)when i decided not to put the spring back in, i closed up the gearbox and finally trying to put the gearbox into the pistol grip I can't for the life of me get it to settle..........

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

Get the trigger spring and the leaver sort of in place. Spring must be in the right orientation. Put some screws in the GB not to tight. Wiggle the trigger to get it to seat on both sides. Squeeze the GB together and test it. Tighten screws.

A piece of electrical tape to hold the wires helps. If it does not snap in, you have interfearance.

Watch the position of the selector switch and the selector plate and the safety leaver as you slide it in. The position of the selector switch may need to be changed at different depths of insertion. You may also need to spread the receiver open to get it past the motor on in and out R&R,

If the screw that holds it to the bottom plate does not seat perfectly you have got interference and it will just cause airseal problems down the line.

Good luck.

Peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users