• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Panic Circuit

Panic Circuit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

I think there's another topic regarding upgrades to the M11, but that was more or less for use in CQB and required lower fps.

I've been looking into the M11 as a sidearm (or a CQB primary), but I was wondering on it's "real" out-of-the-box fps. I like it's rate of fire, definitely, and mags are easier to find than the KWC Uzi (it's a hard decision for me between the M11 and the Uzi, where the M11 has better rate of fire, while the Uzi has better accuracy/power at the cost of size/weight and slight decrease in rate of fire)

What upgrades are available for this gun? There is the TBB and the RA-Tech NPAS, but that is all I could think of performance wise (there's that metal body set of course). Is there any other part that can increase fps and accuracy, besides from having to make your own?

Does the M11 come out of the box with a magnesium bolt?

Can the M11 take any other gas besides from green gas? Something like propane or CO2?

I've heard about reliability issues with these guns.. Is it true? Or do bad things only happen to the non-NS2 model?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

Panic Circuit, on 13 February 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

I think there's another topic regarding upgrades to the M11, but that was more or less for use in CQB and required lower fps.

I've been looking into the M11 as a sidearm (or a CQB primary), but I was wondering on it's "real" out-of-the-box fps. I like it's rate of fire, definitely, and mags are easier to find than the KWC Uzi (it's a hard decision for me between the M11 and the Uzi, where the M11 has better rate of fire, while the Uzi has better accuracy/power at the cost of size/weight and slight decrease in rate of fire)

What upgrades are available for this gun? There is the TBB and the RA-Tech NPAS, but that is all I could think of performance wise (there's that metal body set of course). Is there any other part that can increase fps and accuracy, besides from having to make your own?

Can the M11 take any other gas besides from green gas? Something like propane or CO2?

I've heard about reliability issues with these guns.. Is it true? Or do bad things only happen to the non-NS2 model?
How about a longer TBB barrel? http://store.kwausa....-1-1-1-1-1.aspx

And this: http://www.polarstar...item=SP-M11A1-B

That should increase accuracy and FPS. :gun:

#3 Panic Circuit

Panic Circuit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:07 PM

Totally forgot about the barrel extension!

Does it make the gun much harder to wield in one hand? I am really tempted to shoot it gangster style. B)

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

No idea.  Allizard might know.

#5 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

Panic Circuit, on 13 February 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

KWA M11A1 NS2 Review:
http://www.airsoftfo...ew-t157705.html
My KWA M11A1 NS2 review

KWA M11A1 NS2 Performance Video and TBB Review:
Performance Video
TBB Review (incomplete)

The fps out of the box for the KWA M11A1 NS2 is normally 330-350 fps out of the box. On hot days, the KWA M11A1 NS2 can peak as high as 390 fps. There is an edgi 6.03mm 288mm available for the KWA, that will definitely increase your fps above 350 fps, and keep the fps much more consistent, making it more accurate. Polar Star barrel extension and Edgi 6.03mm 288mm tightbore is a perfect combination.

The KWA M11A1 NS2 does come with a magnesium bolt, so the bolt will be no issue.

Yes, most gas gun can take propane, it's just more a question of keeping reliability, preserving the seals, and voiding the warranty.

The reliability issues are probably tagged onto the non-NS2s, and the very very first batch of KWA M11A1 NS2's.

#6 HBNorm

HBNorm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:50 PM

The G&P metal kit comes with a machined barrel extension that looks like a two-stage suppressor (like the the Polar Star unit).  It's compatible with the Marui tracer unit and comes with CNC'd mounting bushing.  Also, it will work with the 288mm inner barrel if you choose to go that route.  I upgraded to the TBB stock length barrel and didn't realize much of an accuracy increase and maybe gained a few FPS.  I also took out the release valves on the clips and machined them to increase their flow rates.  Between the modified valves and the TBB, I don't think I realized that much of an increase in FPS as my gun still chrono'd at 340-350 FPS.  Unfortunately, I did not have a base chrono when the gun was stock.  In hindsight, I should have bought the longer barrel as I'm sure that would have made a noticeable difference in the guns accuracy ans FPS...  

The bonus of the metal kit is that it's metal so you can drill and tap it to sturdily mount an accessory rail.  Haven't done this yet but will likely do so on the lower receiver to add a laser unit since the iron sights are totally useless and I don't like blowing my clip while following the stream of BBs to the target.

Good luck,

Norm

#7 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

I don't expect a lot of accuracy out of the Mac11 platform.  The open bolt operation in combination of a very cruel rate of fire don't make it a stable platform for a marksman's rifle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users