Jump to content


What improvements are there on the KM16?


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 rdlu62

rdlu62

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Location:Northridge, California

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

I've read on Radix's post that aside from the M130 spring, KWA made improvements on the KM16 cylinder.

Does anybody know what specific improvements these are compared to the M4 series?

#2 brooklyn468

brooklyn468

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

View Postrdlu62, on Aug 27 2008, 08:46 PM, said:

I've read on Radix's post that aside from the M130 spring, KWA made improvements on the KM16 cylinder.

Does anybody know what specific improvements these are compared to the M4 series?

Did they put a m130 in the km16? ASGI says it shoots at 400fps, and the KM-4 shoots 400fps too, so...

#3 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Location:here :D
  • Interests:airsoft DUH, guitar, Jesus, video games, sports...etc

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

ASGI is incorrect, the KWA M16 has an M130. (it even says so on KWAs website)

#4 Shmoogly3

Shmoogly3

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Interests:Outdoor inthusiest
    Airsofting
    Martial arts
    Cycling
    Hiking
  • Country:

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:20 PM

I think they made improvements on the hop up chamber, also I think the bucking is different, not sure about the bucking though.

#5 JiNx

JiNx

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

The improvements are pretty good.  I've noticed better shimming/motor alignment, a reinforced piston(These may be in updated guns but I've never bought a replacement so if this is already in current guns then I'm wrong), M130 Spring (mine cronoed at 413-415), Cylinder must have better compression because I swapped it out for a guarder type 0 and the FPS dropped considerably (380-395).  

Everything else looks the same to me.

Edited by JiNx, 02 September 2008 - 04:43 PM.


#6 rdlu62

rdlu62

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Location:Northridge, California

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

View PostJiNx, on Sep 2 2008, 05:43 PM, said:

The improvements are pretty good.  I've noticed better shimming/motor alignment, a reinforced piston(These may be in updated guns but I've never bought a replacement so if this is already in current guns then I'm wrong), M130 Spring (mine cronoed at 413-415), Cylinder must have better compression because I swapped it out for a guarder type 0 and the FPS dropped considerably (380-395).  

Everything else looks the same to me.

Shimming? So that means the KM16 gears have shims? I didn't see any shims on my KM4S Tactical when I put in a type 0 cylinder.

Mine chronoed at 440 fps on a .20g BB when I got it. Is the cylinder the same as the ones on the KM4 series?

#7 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:05 PM

View Postrdlu62, on Sep 3 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

Shimming? So that means the KM16 gears have shims? I didn't see any shims on my KM4S Tactical when I put in a type 0 cylinder.

Mine chronoed at 440 fps on a .20g BB when I got it. Is the cylinder the same as the ones on the KM4 series?

The KWA gears are percise and dont require any shimming what so ever, upgrading your gun is easy because of this...

View Postbrooklyn468, on Aug 27 2008, 06:29 PM, said:

Did they put a m130 in the km16? ASGI says it shoots at 400fps, and the KM-4 shoots 400fps too, so...

Havent you noticed ASGI just copies and pastes similar gun describtions and changes the name? Or is it just me when I check out products. They probably just copied the KM4 descibtion and threw it on the KM16, lazy people...

#8 JiNx

JiNx

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:06 PM

Sorry about the shimming but looking closer at the Gears they do have precise shimming= it's already built into the gears.  

The cylinder is the same as what my CQB came with.  A type 1 I believe.  

I'm at FPS 419 with a systema tightbore.

#9 Shmoogly3

Shmoogly3

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Interests:Outdoor inthusiest
    Airsofting
    Martial arts
    Cycling
    Hiking
  • Country:

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

How many rounds have your fired so far.

#10 JiNx

JiNx

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:08 PM

quite a bit, 3-4 hi-caps and multiple midcaps.  I've taken it apart about 5-6 times already too.  I'm pretty happy with the setup I have now so I won't be taking it apart till something breaks.  I should be fielding it this upcoming Sunday for the video review.

#11 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:11 PM

looking forward to the video review.  Please send us a link.

#12 Shmoogly3

Shmoogly3

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Interests:Outdoor inthusiest
    Airsofting
    Martial arts
    Cycling
    Hiking
  • Country:

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

Is it worth getting a different hop up bucking or is kwa's stock bucking good on the km16

#13 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:42 PM

double post

Edited by karMeister, 06 September 2008 - 08:45 PM.


#14 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

View Postrdlu62, on Sep 3 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

Shimming? So that means the KM16 gears have shims? I didn't see any shims on my KM4S Tactical when I put in a type 0 cylinder.

Mine chronoed at 440 fps on a .20g BB when I got it. Is the cylinder the same as the ones on the KM4 series?



KM4a1 + SP130 + Type 0 = 406 fps on .25
KM4a1 + SP130 + Stock Cylinder  = 431 fps on .25

#15 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:42 PM

View PostkarMeister, on Sep 6 2008, 09:44 PM, said:

KM4a1 + SP130 + Type 0 = 406 fps on .25
KM4a1 + SP130 + Stock Cylinder  = 431 fps on .25

That's weird... why a type 0 gives less FPS.  It should give more instead.   Are you sure you didn't drop a bore up cylinder accidentally?

#16 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:53 PM

View Postallizard, on Sep 6 2008, 09:42 PM, said:

That's weird... why a type 0 gives less FPS.  It should give more instead.   Are you sure you didn't drop a bore up cylinder accidentally?

it gives less fps cause the bb is out of the barrel before the piston head hits the cylinder... thus losing its momentum.  I have tried changing cylinders alot on my ICS since its easier and i get the same results. Just proves that Barrel to Cylinder ratio has to match.  :rolleyes:

Edited by karMeister, 07 September 2008 - 01:20 AM.


#17 hammer

hammer

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Location:Pi

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:14 AM

View PostkarMeister, on Sep 6 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

it gives less fps cause the bb is out of the barrel before the piston head hits the cylinder... thus losing its momentum.  I have tried changing cylinders alot on my ICS since its easier and i get the same results. Just proves that Barrel to Cylinder ratio has to match.  :rolleyes:

Two thumbs up!

#18 Shmoogly3

Shmoogly3

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Interests:Outdoor inthusiest
    Airsofting
    Martial arts
    Cycling
    Hiking
  • Country:

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:35 AM

Did kwa put there stock hop up bucking in the km16 that they use in all there guns or did kwa use a better bucking this time. I'm getting the gun pretty soon and I want to know if getting a guarder 70% bucking is worth getting. If the stock bucking is just as good as an aftermarket bucking like a guarder bucking than theres no point in getting new bucking. REPLY this time!

#19 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:06 AM

View PostShmoogly3, on Sep 7 2008, 06:35 AM, said:

Did kwa put there stock hop up bucking in the km16 that they use in all there guns or did kwa use a better bucking this time. I'm getting the gun pretty soon and I want to know if getting a guarder 70% bucking is worth getting. If the stock bucking is just as good as an aftermarket bucking like a guarder bucking than theres no point in getting new bucking. REPLY this time!


If your using the stock barrel the stock bucking fits well. Aftermarkets are not always better. What you are really looking for is a better fit.

#20 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:06 AM

View PostkarMeister, on Sep 6 2008, 10:53 PM, said:

it gives less fps cause the bb is out of the barrel before the piston head hits the cylinder... thus losing its momentum.  I have tried changing cylinders alot on my ICS since its easier and i get the same results. Just proves that Barrel to Cylinder ratio has to match.  :rolleyes:

I guess that makes sense :lol: I agree with hammer...

Two thumbs up!

And as for the bucking, I have no clue Shmoogly3, but my M4 has more consistant groupings with the bucking that I have replaced, so if KWA put the same bucking in their M4 as their M16 then I would suggest a upgrade.

P.S. my bucking is currently a systema, but I intend to get my hands on a firefly and do some compairisons between the two.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users