• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Kermit879

Kermit879

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

When I dry fire the gun, it works perfect for the most part, But sometimes it will do short bursts of two shots when I only pull the trigger once and sometimes it will start venting gas but I can stop it by racking the slide back. When i load up a mag and shoot, It shoots a bb and blows back but doesn't make the hammer go back so to shoot another shot I have to take the mag out, cock the slide and put the mag back in. Sometimes when it blows back it will pull the hammer back and I'm able to shoot again but then it does the same not pulling the hammer back thing again. Sometimes it also does that burst of shots and vents gas sometimes too, I've even had the slide get stuck once when shooting. I have very liberally lubed all the parts of the gun, and made sure the rubber bumper is installed correctly.

Edited by Kermit879, 14 December 2011 - 11:40 AM.

#2 Kermit879

Kermit879

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

I got the problem mostly fixed but now I think I made my hopup bucking swell, The bb's are shooting really wierd.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:31 PM

You can wash the bucking under hot running water and some dish washer soap.  Then let air dry and it should shrink back to size but if it fails you will have to replace it.

#4 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:38 PM

hey i'm having problems with my ATP as well It fires every time but a bb only comes out every other time I pull the trigger has anyone ever had or fixed this problem

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

View Postransackedsnake7, on 26 December 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

hey i'm having problems with my ATP as well It fires every time but a bb only comes out every other time I pull the trigger has anyone ever had or fixed this problem

Is you bb follower getting stuck in the bb channel of your mag?

#6 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

i dont think its getting stuck but i dont know for sure the gun seems to jam a lot in the four or five mags ive shot could the bb follower be causing this

#7 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

also do you think i should shoot more ammo through it and see if it corrects itself

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,560 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

Is the hop-up all the way on if so turn it down and see if that corrects it?  Have you used silicone in the inner barrel at the bucking.  If either answer is yes the bucking could be the problem.

#9 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

the hop up is off but i swabbed the barrel with a gun swab with silicon on it when i first got it

#10 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

If you are shooting multiple bb's with one trigger pull after some misfires, then its probably caused by a swollen bucking caused by silicone oil.  A little silicone oil should be used in a GBB gun but NEVER in the bucking or inner barrel.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,560 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Ditto on Niko's assessment.

#12 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Unfortunately, people tend to use silicon oil as a cleaner when it is a lubricant.  In the future simply use water to clean your barrel and dry thoroughly.  Silicon oil and KWA buckings don't mix well.

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,560 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

View Postbid2630, on 26 December 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

Unfortunately, people tend to use silicon oil as a cleaner when it is a lubricant.  In the future simply use water to clean your barrel and dry thoroughly.  Silicon oil and KWA buckings don't mix well.
Amen to that!

#14 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

ok so if the bucking is a problem is there a way to fix it i saw someone say to wash it in warm water

#15 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:40 AM

Replacement is the best option but sometimes if the swelling is not too severe, you can wash it under warm to hot running water with some dish soap. Then let air dry and it can shrink back to size.

#16 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:12 AM

thanks for your help i'll look in to getting the bucking replaced

#17 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

Let us know if a new bucking resolves your issue.

#18 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

yep i got a new bucking and it fixed the issue  thanks for all your help

#19 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

View Postransackedsnake7, on 26 December 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

I get this sometimes too.

#20 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 26 December 2011 - 07:48 PM, said:

If you are shooting multiple bb's with one trigger pull after some misfires, then its probably caused by a swollen bucking caused by silicone oil.  A little silicone oil should be used in a GBB gun but NEVER in the bucking or inner barrel.

The video on this KWA site tells you to swab the bucking. What the?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users