63 replies to this topic

#41 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Once I get home from work Ill be able to see what youre talking about. Hopefully Ill be able to help you out then.

#42 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

EDIT: Alright after a good nights rest I see now there probably isn't supposed to be a roll pin, though in the pictures and youtube video it seems like it's supposed to have one. Especially in the YouTube video where they have the unit disassembled and you see a roll pin among the parts. Hopefully RA can clear this up when they respond to my email.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 12 April 2013 - 06:07 AM.

#43 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Damn!

( o Y o )

No way to just get another roll pin or make one?

( o Y o )

#44 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

I'm curious if RA intentionally made the o-ring so large on the NPAS unit as looking at pictures of the KSC Bolt carrier and also the KSC piston/bolt, the opening on the BCG and the o-ring on the piston/bolt look the same as the KWA.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 12 April 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#45 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

Which roll pin are you talking about? The silver caps that go in the holes where the stock nozzle has a roll pin? It sounds like you were missing pieces too. Definitely want to hear what ra-tech says about thism

#46 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

Yeah it seems like there's supposed to be plugs to seal the piston, though in the YouTube video you can clearly see a silver roll pin with the parts in addition to the rear roll pin.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 12 April 2013 - 06:31 AM.

#47 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

From personal experience there is no forward/piston seal roll pin. Theres one to secure the rear cap of the piston and two for holding the return spring in place. In the RA-tech video @ 0:35 to the far left there are two small objects that look like bearings. I believe those objects are the parts to seal the piston. My npas came without those pieces. I ended up using a small metal rod and small bit of plastic i found randomly to plug the holes. A full roll pin all the way through would not allow you to turn the npas at all.
I think the issue is with AST.  My order was delayed because they "were waiting for a nozzle spring," why would they need an individual part if the unit comes pre-assembled? My theory is that they for whatever reason had to take the npas apart and didn't brother to put everything back in correctly.... Or include all the parts--Which explains my missing c-clip, plugs, and inner o-ring. Unless RA-tech’s QA is just shipping out unfinished kits.

Edit:
In the video, the far left pin is for the rear cap. The middle pin is to secure the return spring to said cap. Then a black tiny pin to the right is also for the return spring. Also, counting the plugs separately adds up to 17 pieces. upon closer inspection of the video, technically it should be 18 parts but he's not counting an o-ring that's already installed on the "cage" screw. Also in the video, the cage screw is silver, the included cage on my npas from AST was bronze.

I'm about to order another one from tiger tactical Airsoft. mostly because it'll be cheaper than getting it from Asia again and he's based in Massachusetts. He ships first class which for me in NJ, ends up being less than $5. No 3 week wait and $24 shipping charge. Edit: free shipping over $75 :-D

Edited by thatguyx, 12 April 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#48 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yeah after tinkering with it more last night I figured a roll pin wouldnt work. Though I also did not have the C-clip or plugs, great job RA haha.

I think a bad mixture of a tiring day at work, mad that it took so long, and upon opening the package seeing missing pieces just threw me over the edge.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 12 April 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#49 Rockhound117

Rockhound117

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, and airsoft!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

View Postthatguyx, on 12 April 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

From personal experience there is no forward/piston seal roll pin. Theres one to secure the rear cap of the piston and two for holding the return spring in place. In the RA-tech video @ 0:35 to the far left there are two small objects that look like bearings. I believe those objects are the parts to seal the piston. My npas came without those pieces. I ended up using a small metal rod and small bit of plastic i found randomly to plug the holes. A full roll pin all the way through would not allow you to turn the npas at all.
I think the issue is with AST.  My order was delayed because they "were waiting for a nozzle spring," why would they need an individual part if the unit comes pre-assembled? My theory is that they for whatever reason had to take the npas apart and didn't brother to put everything back in correctly.... Or include all the parts--Which explains my missing c-clip, plugs, and inner o-ring. Unless RA-tech’s QA is just shipping out unfinished kits.

Edit:
In the video, the far left pin is for the rear cap. The middle pin is to secure the return spring to said cap. Then a black tiny pin to the right is also for the return spring. Also, counting the plugs separately adds up to 17 pieces. upon closer inspection of the video, technically it should be 18 parts but he's not counting an o-ring that's already installed on the "cage" screw. Also in the video, the cage screw is silver, the included cage on my npas from AST was bronze.

I'm about to order another one from tiger tactical Airsoft. mostly because it'll be cheaper than getting it from Asia again and he's based in Massachusetts. He ships first class which for me in NJ, ends up being less than $5. No 3 week wait and $24 shipping charge.

I had to wait for the same reason. I don't know if it's a language barrier or if something is fishy and they're just giving us BS. If mine comes in messed up too they will not have a nice time dealing with me at all. Hopefully I'll have my unit by next week and can get it working. Keep us updated on the NPAS from tigertactical. If that comes in different then we'll know.

#50 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

UPDATED:

Alright so far I've been able to adjust the FPS from as low as 290fps to as high as about 460fps. I'm guessing I can go even more, though seriously why would you want to go higher or lower?

The FPS variance is about 15fps, though unfortunately it doesn't hold as stable as I'd like it to. Here's a few examples...
I've yet to plug the two holes on the side of the piston body.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 13 April 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#51 ky2970

ky2970

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Is anyone else having bolt catch issues? After switching out to the NPAS bolt, my BCG no longer locks back. However, if I manually do it by hand, it works fine. I have done the bolt catch mod

#52 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

View Postky2970, on 14 April 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Is anyone else having bolt catch issues? After switching out to the NPAS bolt, my BCG no longer locks back. However, if I manually do it by hand, it works fine. I have done the bolt catch mod

try filing/sanding down the right side of the nozzle's inlet for gas (basically where the bolt catch is touching the nozzle).  The nozzle seems to have the same design as the stock nozzle, check your old nozzle to see if that area is worn at all.  Occasionally, my nozzle would get stuck forward and barely lock the bolt back,  When rotating the gun quickly the bolt would release.  After filing down the area, i haven't had any problems.

#53 ky2970

ky2970

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postthatguyx, on 14 April 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

try filing/sanding down the right side of the nozzle's inlet for gas (basically where the bolt catch is touching the nozzle).  The nozzle seems to have the same design as the stock nozzle, check your old nozzle to see if that area is worn at all.  Occasionally, my nozzle would get stuck forward and barely lock the bolt back,  When rotating the gun quickly the bolt would release.  After filing down the area, i haven't had any problems.

Are you talking about the actual bolt getting stuck forward? I mean that my bolt carrier group isn't locking back as it should when firing and reaching an empty mag. But it is when I pull the charging handle manually.

#54 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

View Postky2970, on 15 April 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Are you talking about the actual bolt getting stuck forward? I mean that my bolt carrier group isn't locking back as it should when firing and reaching an empty mag. But it is when I pull the charging handle manually.

I meant that the black nozzle, not the BCG.  The nozzle may be getting caught or rubbing against your bolt catch.  If the nozzle interferes with the cycle, it may not be allowing the BCG to go back far enough.  For me the bolt would lock back, but the nozzle wasn't fully retracted into the bolt and just resting on the bolt catch; that lead to the slightest jostle to releasing the bolt forward since the bolt catch was being slightly pushed down and barely touching the BCG.

:edit  got some replacement parts from tiger tactical.  So far, the jet valve doesn't seem to be getting stuck.  However, I can't get a good reading on anything.  I can't tell if this thing is a gas hog, or the adjusting screw is not staying still.  The FPS will be good for two shots, then drop 7-10, consistent, then drop 7-10.  Definitely cannot finish a mag on full auto.  Any ideas on what to use on the threads to hopefully keep the screw still?  (maybe some heavy aeg grease on the threads)

Edited by thatguyx, 15 April 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#55 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

Been tinkering with the NPAS and here are my readings w/ Elite Force .28g Bio-BBs. I'll get some more shooting in this Saturday and see if it's still holding a consistent FPS.

1) 322.6
2) 324
3) 325.1
4)316.9
5) 322.6
6) 322.2
7) 329.3
8) 321
9) 327.3
10) 323.9

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 07 May 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#56 Rockhound117

Rockhound117

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, and airsoft!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

View Postakiraspeedstar, on 07 May 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Been tinkering with the NPAS and here are my readings w/ Elite Force .28g Bio-BBs. I'll get some more shooting in this Saturday and see if it's still holding a consistent FPS.

1) 322.6
2) 324
3) 325.1
4)316.9
5) 322.6
6) 322.2
7) 329.3
8) 321
9) 327.3
10) 323.9

Have you plugged the holes on the side? I've gotten decent compression on mine with the green HF o-ring and some Teflon tape under the the o-ring to push it out a little further to get a good seal without getting the nozzle stuck. Those holes on the side though are not helping.

#57 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

Those holes should be plugged. Think about this. For your compression test you cover the inlet and outlet holes and your o ring provides a seal. With nothing covering those holes you have two outlets just leaking air/gas. Also in race techs stock photos they are plugged.

Find something that fits snugly and super glue seal it, then sand it smooth.

#58 ky2970

ky2970

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

So for some reason, my NPAS isn't working anymore. From underneath, I can see the valve is off. It's hard to explain... I had it at 430FPS. Anyone have a video on how to disassemble this so I can try to fix it? I couldn't find a video anywhere.

#59 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

It comes apart just like the standard piston/bolt. You have to punch out the rear pin and it all comes apart. One problem I found with the NPAS is that the adjustment part can wiggle its way up or down making the fps change. I used some heavy duty teflon tape from Lowes and wrapped it around the threads. That prevented the adjuster from working itself loose.

#60 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

If your problem is the valve getting stuck in the wrong position and the fps jumping this may help too
https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users