#1 Overlord

Overlord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft of course

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

I have been looking into the KWA KMP9 for a while but don't know how well it would perform at the fields I play here in Ohio. Most engagements for me are around 100 feet, so would I be able to get a hit a little pass that distance.  All in all, what have been your experiences of using the kmp9 at outdoor games.

Thank You

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

My MP7A1 works fine at that range using the stock and rifle sights.  I can put a three round burst on a 9" steel plate easily.  I expect the MP9 will be similar.

-- Chuck

#3 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

similar to chuck i have the mp7 and can say that mine can with a power up extension, and the mp9 should be fine as well.
hope that helps!

#4 Overlord

Overlord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

Is there a way to get a tight bore barrel for the kmp9? I've already checked the pro shop and they only had barrels for the m9,usp, and m11.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

Overlord, on 10 February 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

Is there a way to get a tight bore barrel for the kmp9? I've already checked the pro shop and they only had barrels for the m9,usp, and m11.
I looked extensively ALL OVER the internet, no luck. Best bet is to call/email a company like EdGi and request a custom made tight bore with your desired length, and order right over email.

#6 thefrog

thefrog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

I've had decent results in woodlands environment thru brushes, etc .  the two people i was aiming at where about 75 feet in front of us, I hit one of them repeatly with the burst (I was using my offhand and two targets)  I have a adapter and sundamp but no inner barrel mod.  I have both the KMP9 and MP7

#7 Cpapp

Cpapp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, xbox, sports

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

I believe evike or airsoftgi has a PDI mp7 barrel..not quite sure though

#8 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Cpapp, on 10 February 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

I believe evike or airsoftgi has a PDI mp7 barrel..not quite sure though
Ehobby has the PDI tbb for the gbb MP7 by KSC:
http://shop.ehobbyas...sc-mp7-gbb.html

Other MP7 TBB made by PDI is for the Tokyo Marui MP7 AEG.

#9 Cpapp

Cpapp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, xbox, sports

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Outlaw1995, on 10 February 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

Ehobby has the PDI tbb for the gbb MP7 by KSC:
http://shop.ehobbyas...sc-mp7-gbb.html

Other MP7 TBB made by PDI is for the Tokyo Marui MP7 AEG.
Oh sorry, just saw mp7 and didn't look for any more details.

#10 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Cpapp, on 10 February 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Oh sorry, just saw mp7 and didn't look for any more details.
No reason to apologize, I just wanted to link the barrel you were talking about just in case anyone was interested in it. ;)

#11 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

I personally use the KMP9 and I have found that it gives any SMG out there a run for its money.  There are pros and cons between this SMG version others like the MP7 or Vector models.

Of the 3, the MP9 is the lightest SMG and is quick to maneuver around corners and obstacles.  It is also extremely accurate for its short barrel and I have found myself hitting targets across the field at SC Village here in California.  Range for gas guns I feel like are determined primarily by the velocity of the BB, and not so much the length of the barrel.  Although a longer barrel is more accurate, it doesnt necessarily mean that it will shoot further (assuming the FPS for the guns are equal).  However, the installation of a longer barrel will dramatically improve range by increasing the FPS.  Even an addition of just a couple of cm's to the barrel can make the FPS rocket up, therefore increasing your effective range at the cost of higher FPS.

Now were the MP7 wins is the trigger.  It is a lot smoother and lighter than both other models, which makes shooting it quick and efficient.  However, the lower magazine count of 40 rounds really turns me off since the gas mags hold so little to begin with I would want the additional 8-9 rounds. I only run 3 magazines, so that comes out to be about 24 shots i'm missing out on.

The vector is a primo gun.  I run it for the 2 round burst, high accuracy for the short barrel and of course its unique design.  It holds the same number of rounds as the MP9 but is slightly heavier.  This additional weight can work for the gun's advantage.  Let me explain, since the gun is heavier, you will naturally hold it steadier since it will take more force to alter the aim of the gun.  The mp9 is so light that it is quick to aim, however follow up shots from target to target could take more time from shot to shot since the gun is so light that any slight movement from your arms can cause the gun to stray off target.  This concept of a heavier gun can be seen on weapons such as the USP Match, which has a barrel weight added to increase accuracy between shots as the gun moves from target to target.

Of course this is airsoft, so everything I say is relative to each individual user.  These are just somethings that I have found through my playing and use of the different products.  Your mileage my vary from what I've concluded, but they are just some points that I figured could help or make your decision that much harder haha.

#12 Overlord

Overlord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Thank you all for your responses I think I'm going to have a fun time when I get the kmp9 and the only reason I'm looking at the mp9 is because I shot the b&t tp9 in las Vegas and really enjoyed the gun so can't wait to order it in the next couple of days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users