Jump to content


Kriss Vector Too Hot for CQB

Kriss Vector Cqb vector cqb fps reducer

  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SAN JOSE, CA
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!
  • Country:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostH4NNI8AL, on 09 January 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Cool thanks!
I'm perfectly able to aeg's but never really taken a gbb apart before so ill follow your detailed instructions and hopefully ill be ok! Cheers for the good posts guys! Shame none of you are in the uk so can swap places to get tact lights and loadouts from!
Ill try to do a vid on how to disassemble the bolt/nozzle

( o Y o )



#22 H4NNI8AL

H4NNI8AL

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kettering
  • Country:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Your instructions are spot on from looking at diagram I just need to man up and do it!

#23 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SAN JOSE, CA
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!
  • Country:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostH4NNI8AL, on 09 January 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Your instructions are spot on from looking at diagram I just need to man up and do it!
Good luck!

( o Y o )



#24 H4NNI8AL

H4NNI8AL

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kettering
  • Country:

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

Hi guys. After all the worry I am happy to report that I have an eu market item which is subject to different restrictions in the uk and is firing at 340fps on 0.2's so all is well!
Lots of great threads and advice on here will definitely be sticking around!

#25 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostH4NNI8AL, on 10 January 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

Hi guys. After all the worry I am happy to report that I have an eu market item which is subject to different restrictions in the uk and is firing at 340fps on 0.2's so all is well!
Lots of great threads and advice on here will definitely be sticking around!
:tsuki:

#26 fangtastic

fangtastic

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Country:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostBoobieM4H, on 25 December 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

Dangerwerx valve might bring your velocity down too much..im gonna guess below 300..maybe close to 250 fps..thats just my guess tho. As far as wear to find one last i saw was from evike..but they might be oos

( o Y o )

I installed the Dangerwerx valve in my Kriss and BoobieM4H was very right - it fit fine but it lowered the FPS too much...around 250 FPS with .2g bb's.

#27 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SAN JOSE, CA
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!
  • Country:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

View Postfangtastic, on 07 February 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:


I installed the Dangerwerx valve in my Kriss and BoobieM4H was very right - it fit fine but it lowered the FPS too much...around 250 FPS with .2g bb's.
So what are you gonna do now?

( o Y o )



#28 fangtastic

fangtastic

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Country:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

My local CQB arena is actually very setup very tight so 250fps will be ok for me for now.  I'll run the dangerwerx valve until a CQB bolt (or something else similar) comes out for the kriss.

#29 p.phresh

p.phresh

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

I wrote up a tutorial on how to lower the FPS by doing a valve swap on the Kriss, have a look:

http://6mm-mag.com/2...a-kriss-vector/

#30 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

View Postp.phresh, on 22 February 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

I wrote up a tutorial on how to lower the FPS by doing a valve swap on the Kriss, have a look:

http://6mm-mag.com/2...a-kriss-vector/
Should be helpful.  Thanks for posting.

#31 Brick Stone

Brick Stone

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY
  • Interests:DIY Airsoft. DIY speaker building. Chairsoft(LOL) some other stuff
  • Country:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Drop it down with the Dangerwerx valve... and then put on the angry gun power up kit...   Just a thought.

#32 R_King91303

R_King91303

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canoga Park, CA
  • Interests:Airsoft, Texas Hold'em, Research (learning new shizz)
  • Country:

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostBrick Stone, on 12 March 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

Drop it down with the Dangerwerx valve... and then put on the angry gun power up kit...   Just a thought.

I think the verdict is still out on the angry gun power up kits and gun longevity...


Posted from my iPhone

#33 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

View Postfangtastic, on 09 February 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

My local CQB arena is actually very setup very tight so 250fps will be ok for me for now.  I'll run the dangerwerx valve until a CQB bolt (or something else similar) comes out for the kriss.
Just dropped a DWFV yesterday into my son's Vector and it went from 370ish to the high 290's at 70 degrees with .2's.  Where he has been playing lately it's pretty warm so I'm guessing the gun will increase to 310-320 which is fine for the CQB arena he frequents.

#34 Icurblud

Icurblud

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • Country:

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

I am going to cut a few coils off that stock flute valve spring tomorrow.  So if someone wants to stop me, speak now or forever hold your piece.

#35 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostIcurblud, on 17 July 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

I am going to cut a few coils off that stock flute valve spring tomorrow.  So if someone wants to stop me, speak now or forever hold your piece.
Personally, I would have a replacement on hand before you do the mod....just in case.

#36 Icurblud

Icurblud

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • Country:

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

GCW thanks for the tip.  Well I cut 3 coils off.   Chrono'd the gun right after with green gas and 80 degree weather and its shooting 380-390fps.  So it didn't do anything really.  I know they say if you want a few more fps to stretch that spring a little, so I would of though if I cut it so its shorter it would lower it.    Still fires great and crisp.  I must say I only have about 1000 rounds through it since I bought it.i guess I will pick up the DW flute valve.   He'll it was worth a try.   Do you think they might come out with a CQB bolt?  Would like 2 separate bolts, 1 for CQB and 1 for field.

Edited by Icurblud, 18 July 2013 - 07:25 AM.


#37 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostIcurblud, on 18 July 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

GCW thanks for the tip.  Well I cut 3 coils off.   Chrono'd the gun right after with green gas and 80 degree weather and its shooting 380-390fps.  So it didn't do anything really.  I know they say if you want a few more fps to stretch that spring a little, so I would of though if I cut it so its shorter it would lower it. Still fires great and crisp.  I must say I only have about 1000 rounds through it since I bought it.i guess I will pick up the DW flute valve.   He'll it was worth a try.   Do you think they might come out with a CQB bolt?  Would like 2 separate bolts, 1 for CQB and 1 for field.
Haven't heard of a CQB bolt, but you never know.

#38 Icurblud

Icurblud

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • Country:

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

yea, well for now i just ordered the danger works flute valve for an mp7 so i hope it fits like a glove.

#39 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostIcurblud, on 18 July 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

yea, well for now i just ordered the danger works flute valve for an mp7 so i hope it fits like a glove.
The one I had did just fine in my son's Vector.

#40 Icurblud

Icurblud

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • Country:

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

I will install and check the fps.  I know I polished the flute valve in my son mp9 CQB bolt.  Originally it was like 320ish, so with a little polishing of the flute valve with fine wet sandpaper I am now getting 340-350fps.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kriss Vector Cqb, vector, cqb, fps reducer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users