4 replies to this topic

#1 Nitemare

Nitemare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

I was in the process of replacing my Danco o-ring with the Harbor Freight one due to the Danco not sustaining automatic fire. In doing this, I also cleaned some things. I ended up pulling the bolt back with the buffer and spring not in place (forgot to put them back in - I know...). This caused it to get jammed pretty bad. I tried pulling and beating the bolt out, but the trigger wasn't going to let it happen. I got it out by taking the buffer tube off, but even that was a challenge. Part 89 (rail retaining clip) was jammed up in the charging handle.

I finally got everything back as it should be, but now I'm left with part 89 out of place (pictured in my fingers) and a problematic rail:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Does anyone know how to go about a rail replacement? It looked like it was held in by a simple roll pin without part 89 in place. If I buy a new rail, will the retaining clip slide right back into place? I tried putting it there again, but it wasn't very secure.

Also, the A008 o-ring in the HF pack fits on the back of the piston spring where the c-clip usually is. Makes it very easy to put on/take off. I thought I saw this posted here once but I just wanted to be sure people knew because I couldn't find it again, or which o-ring they specifically used. It will come off if the piston spring is pulled too much (prevents damage to the spring in my opinion), but works fine with normal operation.

Edit: The rail comes with the clip attached. Need a new one to get it back in place apparently. Parts are $20 from KWA and is attached via roll pin and metal clip at the rear.

Edited by Nitemare, 12 August 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostNitemare, on 11 August 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

I was in the process of replacing my Danco o-ring with the Harbor Freight one due to the Danco not sustaining automatic fire. In doing this, I also cleaned some things. I ended up pulling the bolt back with the buffer and spring not in place (forgot to put them back in - I know...). This caused it to get jammed pretty bad. I tried pulling and beating the bolt out, but the trigger wasn't going to let it happen. I got it out by taking the buffer tube off, but even that was a challenge. Part 89 (rail retaining clip) was jammed up in the charging handle.

I finally got everything back as it should be, but now I'm left with part 89 out of place (pictured in my fingers) and a problematic rail:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Does anyone know how to go about a rail replacement? It looked like it was held in by a simple roll pin without part 89 in place. If I buy a new rail, will the retaining clip slide right back into place? I tried putting it there again, but it wasn't very secure.

Also, the A008 o-ring in the HF pack fits on the back of the piston spring where the c-clip usually is. Makes it very easy to put on/take off. I thought I saw this posted here once but I just wanted to be sure people knew because I couldn't find it again, or which o-ring they specifically used. It will come off if the piston spring is pulled too much (prevents damage to the spring in my opinion), but works fine with normal operation.

Edit: The rail comes with the clip attached. Need a new one to get it back in place apparently. Parts are $20 from KWA and is attached via roll pin and metal clip at the rear.
My personal opinion is to send the gun to KWA.  There are clearly a number of broken parts and buy doing and RMA repair you will be assured that the gun will be fixed correctly.

#3 ky2970

ky2970

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

The rail is easily replaceable. Just buy a new one from the Pro Shop. Part 89 falls out for lots of folks but will not adversely affect the function of your rifle. Just be careful with heavier optics and bumping it.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

View Postky2970, on 15 August 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

The rail is easily replaceable. Just buy a new one from the Pro Shop. Part 89 falls out for lots of folks but will not adversely affect the function of your rifle. Just be careful with heavier optics and bumping it.
Normally I would agree.  My concern, and the reason I recommended the be sent in, is because the forces used that resulted in that type of damaged may very well have damaged other parts of the gun that can not be ascertained by the picture.

#5 Nitemare

Nitemare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

You may be right.

I have the new rail on, and the weapons functions fine, however the bolt does not always lock back any more. It seems to have more resistance pushing against it whenever the bolt stop is engaged by an empty magazine, causing it to not always travel far enough back to be stopped by it. I can feel this when pulling it back manually with the charging handle vs the bolt stop being down. The same resistance is felt when physically pushing against the bottom of the bolt and pulling on the charging handle.

Any ideas?

Edit: Pushing this to a new issue to a thread to grab insight from people who have had issues.

Edited by Nitemare, 18 August 2013 - 03:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users