• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Chris562

Chris562

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

I received my first airsoft rifle today in the mail from AirRattle.  It is a KWA CQR Mod 1 and the rifle looks really nice except...

The rear screw type pin that connects the upper and lower has apparently been over tightened.  This caused the plastic lower to crack radiating out from the screw heads on both sides.  KWA customer support was contacted for warranty repair.  They have told me this has been happening a lot and they will have to replace the lower.  I have emailed them back and offered to pay the extra $35 for an aluminum lower if they would just put it on for me....since they have to exchange the plastic lower anyway.  I haven't heard back but do those of you who have had them do warranty repairs done by KWA ever asked for something like that?  Just wondering what they told you all?  It is just a total buzz kill because it will take 5ish days in shipping time to CA, 5-7 working days for the repair, and then 5ish days back to me.  Just wish someone would have inspected the rifle before shipping it.

#2 Chris562

Chris562

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

Will this fit as a direct replacement for my plastic lower: http://store.kwausa....smechbox-1.aspx

Thanks
Chris

#3 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Keepin' it Real.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

Yes, it will fit.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostBLATEY, on 07 March 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

Yes, it will fit.
Not only will it fit but I'm sure they will do that for you.  Call the directly and ask for customer service.

elephone Numbers:
  • 1.626.581.1777 (Voice)
  • 1.626.581.0777 (Fax)

For Questions / Warranty / Order Status / Parts Request / Returns

Service Hours:

• Monday thru Friday - 9am to 5:30pm (PST)
  • Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays - Closed

Address:

• KWA USA
    18571 E. Gale Ave
    City of Industry, CA 91748-1339
    USA
Hope this helps!

#5 Chris562

Chris562

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

This all helps...Thank You!  I was thinking about not sending it all the way back to KWA and ordering the lower to do myself.  I mean I want to play next weekend.  I build computers and have been LEO trained for 20 years taking apart my M16, Glocks, and shotguns....I am pretty sure I could do it myself.  Heck you can find a YouTube video for anything anymore...rebuilt an engine from watching...LOL   One other question, will the Lancer Tactical Flash Mags work well in the CQR or should I stay with KWA mags?

#6 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

KWA mags will work the best, I have not tried lancer mags yet though. You could if you wanted too.

#7 iWar

iWar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Racing at the track, Music, Airsoft, playing sports, and anything that is fun...

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostChris562, on 08 March 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

This all helps...Thank You!  I was thinking about not sending it all the way back to KWA and ordering the lower to do myself.  I mean I want to play next weekend.  I build computers and have been LEO trained for 20 years taking apart my M16, Glocks, and shotguns....I am pretty sure I could do it myself.  Heck you can find a YouTube video for anything anymore...rebuilt an engine from watching...LOL   One other question, will the Lancer Tactical Flash Mags work well in the CQR or should I stay with KWA mags?

I've only had 1 magazine not fit in any my KWA M4's, and I don't remember what it was... They seem to be pretty compatable when it comes to mags... I don't have a CQR but I assume they have the same spec lower... As for replacing the lower it is very easy if you have any mechanical skills... Just take your time and try not to strip the mag release screw and selector switch screw... The selector switch screw has loctite on it so use some heat before removal (I learned that the hard way)...

#8 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:55 AM

If the gun was broken out of the box it should go back to the retailer, not KWA.  But if KWA is willing to fix it under warranty I'd go with them especially if they'll use the metal lower receiver.  Just looking at the parts diagram there's a bunch of parts to swap out!  Look at your shipping options.  Priority Mail is about 2 days to CA from OH.  UPS will take a week.  If they only need the lower it will weigh even less after the stock is off, etc.

All my airsoft magazines are KWA other than one (1) "20-round" M16A1 style (even marked Adventure Line on the baseplate)) and one (1) generic wind-up magazine that came with my Tavor replica.  Any Tokyo Marui M16-spec magazine should work.  But KWA magazines are available in bulk, are inexpensive, and seem to work flawlessly.

-- Chuck

#9 Rain Man

Rain Man

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously). Gaming. Baseball. Fantasy Football. Skiing

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:00 AM

I agree with Chuck. I think the retailer should handle it and replace the receiver, but if KWA wants to fix it for you, then they can take a look at it.

#10 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

The retailer should replace the whole gun, not "fix it."  But that's if it's unused.

-- Chuck

#11 Chris562

Chris562

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:46 AM

The rifle is brand new straight from AirRattle.  I have tried calling them, leaving messages, emailing, even tanking them on a review of the rifle on their website hoping they would contact me....NO LUCK.  So far they have the worse customer service ever.  KWA has been helpful and offered to replace the plastic metal lower with a metal one for the cost difference but they have not issued me an RMA number yet.  I have been waiting on that since Monday, March 9th.  I am a hair away from ordering the lower and doing the work myself.  Does anyone know if the parts on the plastic lower will move over to the metal lower?  I didn't know if the retaining pins/screws along with the buffer tube would match up properly.  Also, I have read where you are not supposed to just take a new AEG out of the box and start playing with it.  A lot of people say you are to open the gear box and make sure it is lubed, shimmed, and AOE is correct but does that not void your warranty?  Also, I thought KWA gear boxes were almost perfect from the factory?  Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know the responded that I appreciate your time.  Everything I can learn from this forum helps me take better care of my rifle.

#12 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

A lot of people say you are to open the gear box and make sure it is lubed, shimmed, and AOE is correct but does that not void your warranty?  Also, I thought KWA gear boxes were almost perfect from the factory?
There is no reason to open a KWA gearbox I'm aware of unless you're modifying it for some reason.  Out of the box should work fine.

I'd send it to KWA for the metal lower receiver installation.  They have all the parts (we both know what happens to small parts doing the work ourselves!) and everything will fit and be tested.

RMA takes a day or two -- did you request it online?  You should be able to track it.

-- Chuck

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

If you do not have an RMA by tomorrow call  Customer service at:

Telephone Numbers:
  • 1.626.581.1777 (Voice)

Service Hours:

• Monday thru Friday - 9am to 5:30pm (PST)
  • Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays - Closed
Ask for John S. or Jim (xKingSizex).  I will send them and email too.

#14 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

Chris562, let me knkw what your Help Desk ticket ID is. We can switch it to the metal lower for you, no problem. You can also purchase the metal lower and the bb ramp screws and do it yourself, and you'll get free shipping to you since the order is over $30.
Never send it back to the retaer, all warranties are through us, the retailer can't honor the warranty as we are the only Authorized Warranty Center.
We will take care of you for sure!

~KingSize

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:37 AM

View PostxKingSizex, on 12 March 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

Chris562, let me knkw what your Help Desk ticket ID is. We can switch it to the metal lower for you, no problem. You can also purchase the metal lower and the bb ramp screws and do it yourself, and you'll get free shipping to you since the order is over $30.
Never send it back to the retaer, all warranties are through us, the retailer can't honor the warranty as we are the only Authorized Warranty Center.

~KingSize
:clap:

#16 Chris562

Chris562

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

View PostxKingSizex, on 12 March 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

~KingSize

My trouble ticket is #20529.  I wasn't asked for it yet but I scanned in my receipt and PayPal payment confirmation and attached it to the ticket as proof of purchase.  Once my 45-Days warranty is up, I am going to install a Magic Box Teflon coated 3/4 cylinder and ported piston head.  I play only woodsball and need the increased FPS for the .30 bbs I use.  I will let a qualified "airsmith" do the work for me when it comes to a gearbox.

#17 Landshark653k

Landshark653k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Getting by.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

Chris562,

Hello!

This is John S. from the KWA help desk.

Thank you very much for sending your purchase information.

As of 12 March 2014 12:36 AM (PST) I have replied back to you in regards to information needed to generate a Return Merchandise Authorization. Please fill out said information and include it in your next reply to me. Once done, I can issue an RMA number to you.

At that point, it is simply a matter of sending the gun back into us for replacement of the lower.

KWA has you covered!

If you should have any further questions or concerns, please reply directly to your help desk ticket or shoot us a call at 626-581-1777 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m to 5:30 p.m. and ask for John.

I will be glad to assist you.

Thanks!

- KWA John

#18 Rain Man

Rain Man

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously). Gaming. Baseball. Fantasy Football. Skiing

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:05 AM

View PostChuck S, on 10 March 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

The retailer should replace the whole gun, not "fix it."  But that's if it's unused.

-- Chuck
Yeah good point.

#19 Chris562

Chris562

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

I wanted to give you guys an update on my CQR.  I sent it off to KWA and they replaced the plastic lower with a KWA metal lower but I did have to pay the $35 for it.  I have to say it was well worth the money!  I will never have to worry about the plastic lower cracking again.  My field uses the CQR Mod 1 as their rental and every one of them is cracked around that rear screw.  My son bought a G&G CM and I originally thought the CQR lower was of the same material until I received it.  I think the lower would last longer is was made from the same material.

#20 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

Nice! IMO G&G makes the best plastic/polymer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CQR Mod 1, CQR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users