• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bootskoot589

Bootskoot589

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

I was taking apart my ATP, cleaned it, put the slide back on, and I must have slightly put it on offset and it locked up. I had to slam the thing back into battery and I finally got it back together. Didn't fire it until I get to my field and when I fire it just comes back a hair and starts releasing gas, not a lot but it's leaking and it's not doing a thing other than that. I'll pull the slide back, try again, same thing on both my mags. I could really use some help, I definitely made a mistake.

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

Slamming anything on the ATP usually damages something, no matter what. You'll probably need to get it looked at internally.

#3 Bootskoot589

Bootskoot589

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

View PostSR105, on 12 June 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

Slamming anything on the ATP usually damages something, no matter what. You'll probably need to get it looked at internally.

Yeah I figured that one out myself, thanks though. I'll probably have to send it in BUT oh well, I love my gun too much to let it sit away forever after I screwed it up.

Edited by Bootskoot589, 13 June 2014 - 10:18 PM.

#4 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

Does your ATP have a metal recoil guide or a plastic?

#5 Bootskoot589

Bootskoot589

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

Plastic, it's actually kinda gashed up but if I slightly (I mean like ever so slightly) push down on the barrel on the slide to fire it works fine but firing it alone it only fires once then locks up and shoots gas.

#6 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

Most likely it is the guide rod damaged. It would have been worse if you had a metal guide rod and tried to force it. That typically damages the outer barrel instead of the spring guide. A damaged spring guide will not sit where it needs to and will not allow the chamber to unlock when gas pressurizes the cylinder.

#7 Bootskoot589

Bootskoot589

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

I sent in an RMA to KWA to send it in, probably best to just purchase a replacement guide rod? Not that expensive to give it a try and if all goes bad I can still send it in and all.

Edited by Bootskoot589, 23 June 2014 - 01:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users