18 replies to this topic

#1 FailSnail

FailSnail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Have you guys seen this happen before?

It happens every now and then, most times when i fire quickly.

The bottom two BB's merge together.

i am using javelin .2g bbs

Posted Image

#2 Corncake288

Corncake288

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Um.. Airsoft? Also: aviation, gaming (PS3 and PC), watching TV/movies, working on stuff that I think I can fix but just break even worse, and science.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

There is kind of too much glare to see the BBs easily but I'm guessing the spring is just too strong and it is smashing the two BBs at the bottom together. This is just a guess as I am not sure whether or not that is actually possible/strong enough to do that.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostFailSnail, on 18 February 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Have you guys seen this happen before?

It happens every now and then, most times when i fire quickly.

The bottom two BB's merge together.

i am using javelin .2g bbs

Posted Image
Try a different BB and .2 is way too light for that gun.  Use .25-.30.  I would try KWA bb's.

#4 FailSnail

FailSnail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

its weird cuz the bb's get jammed in around that same spot every time :( I just ordered some .25 BBs to see if that will fix the issue.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

I would be more focused on the brand of BB than the weight to check feeding.  If you have the BB's that came with the gun, KWA.2's, I would try them to see if they work or not.

#6 FailSnail

FailSnail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

I am going to do more testing in a few hours. I am wondering if i am shooting "to fast"

#7 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

I doubt that it has to do with shooting too fast. Do you clean the inside of your magazines with q-tips? Keep it clean in other words?

#8 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:41 AM

This would actually happen to me in some of my GBB's and I believe it was because of the BB's I was using. Have you used any unrecommended lubricant on the mag? Because sometimes this can cause unneeded friction just like if it was dirty. Also, when you load the mag make sure you don't just let the spring shoot up, and make sure the BB's are stacked properly.

#9 FailSnail

FailSnail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

I put around 20 bbs loaded correctly, and this was after i had cleaned the mag again.

#10 FailSnail

FailSnail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

i tested with 10 and 16, and it did not jam, i will try 20 again and report what i find.

#11 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,874 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:41 AM

It has been my experience that higher polished bb's like KWA works best in GBB magazines.  My Goldenball bb's don't work as well especially after washing it.

#12 FailSnail

FailSnail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

interesting.

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

I now, and have been for a while, always test any gun I'm working on with KWA BB's.  This way I can eliminate the BB as an issue when there are problems with the gun.  Then  I can turn to mag, feed ramp, barrel, bucking, etc.

#14 FailSnail

FailSnail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Posted Image

It is the mag for sure. I lowered the thing that pushes the bb's up and it moved the bb's a little and they got stuck again.

new bb's .23

the KWA bb's that came in the bag got jammed as well.

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Perhaps the follower is damaged....You could try to install a new one or have KWA fix the mag for you.

#16 jimmyd01

jimmyd01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

I will let you know what KWA says, sent my pistol in for the exact same problem using KWA 20's and 25's.

#17 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,874 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:00 AM

Assuming that your bb channel and follower is not damaged, try a different brand of bb.  I have found that in GBB magazines, bb's with the highest polish feed the best.  Some bb's that do not have a great polish on them tend to jam in the channel because the surface is not slick enough to glide over one another.  The brands I recommend is KWA (of course), goldenball, G&G and Madbull.

#18 Anachro12

Anachro12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Airsmithing, Computer games

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

The problem is the follower. Do you see how it is rounded and this pushes the bbs apart? If you look in the pic they are no longer double stacked, they are side to side. This means more force is exerted against the walls of the mag and the bbs stop moving. It can especially jam when they get to the part where the mag channel decreases in width.  The solution would be to dremel down one side of the follower so it pushes the bottom two bbs in a stacked fashion.

I give credit to Maekii at ASM for this trick. It made a world of difference with my midcaps. This metal follower will be more difficult but the principle is the same. search "folloer mod" at asm and you will find the thread. Here are two pics from that thread of Maekii's

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 robertp

robertp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:26 AM

Okay. I'm having the same problem. I bought mine late last year. If I had known about this issue with the mags, I have 4, I probably would have not bought this. I would have thought KWA would have fixed this problem by now. By the by, I've used g&g, elite force, and a couple of others. .2's to .28's. Still have the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users