• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CE24

CE24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

hello guys i just purchase my mkII ptp 2 days ago , why is it that in order to load the mag i have to pull the slide and lock it pls help or any advise

much appreciated thanks

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostCE24, on 25 August 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

hello guys i just purchase my mkII ptp 2 days ago , why is it that in order to load the mag i have to pull the slide and lock it pls help or any advise

much appreciated thanks
You shouldn't have to, though I have taken to doing this just out of habit due to the fact that some guns will have issues if you load the mag with the slide/bolt closed.  This is especially true of the MAC11.  Loading the MAC11 with the bolt forward can brake the feeding nozzle/cylinder.

As I write this, I noticed the title and are you saying that the mag will only lock in if the slide is back?

#3 CE24

CE24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

thanks for your response , yes when mag is loaded with bb it feels like something is on the way i dont wanna force it in , so i ended up pulling the slide back then the mag would lock in , this is kind of ridiculous

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostCE24, on 25 August 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

thanks for your response , yes when mag is loaded with bb it feels like something is on the way i dont wanna force it in , so i ended up pulling the slide back then the mag would lock in , this is kind of ridiculous
It's nothing I've heard reported before but nonetheless something we can work out I'm sure.  Try taking out a few BBs and inserting the mag.  Is there any difference?

Also, is this a double stack of single stack mag?

#5 CE24

CE24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

yes it goes in if i put a few bbs but if i put 10+ more it wont go in .

i have the 21 round mag that came with it

Edited by CE24, 26 August 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#6 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:airsoft (duh)

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

who/where did you buy the pistol from, and did the magazine come separately?
there are two versions of the mk series, the older one uses the 14 round single stack mag and the new ones use the new double stack mag.

you cant swap mags between the two, however you can convert one to use the opposite magazine.
if you bought it used, there is a chance you have an old magazine and a new version of the pistol...

of course, i could be completely wrong. we will see.

#7 CE24

CE24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

i bought at primeairsoft store its brand new and it comes with a 21 round magazine

#8 CE24

CE24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

sorry guys, i should have just opened up a ticket since this is brand new i just  picked it up last week and its still in warranty

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostCE24, on 26 August 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

sorry guys, i should have just opened up a ticket since this is brand new i just  picked it up last week and its still in warranty
I think that's your best bet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users