12 replies to this topic

#1 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hey everyone.. ive been toying around with the idea of drilling a hole through my atp slide to fit a RS glock sight... the problem is i dont own a RS glock front sight, and was hoping someone here who does could supply some mesurements or speculation as to if it will or will not work. thanks,

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

View Postoptimuskmg, on 30 August 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

Hey everyone.. ive been toying around with the idea of drilling a hole through my atp slide to fit a RS glock sight... the problem is i dont own a RS glock front sight, and was hoping someone here who does could supply some mesurements or speculation as to if it will or will not work. thanks,
Why would you go through all the trouble to put a RS glock front sight post on your ATP? Your ATP's front sight is perfect already! :P

#3 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

tritum front sight lol..

geez outlw. stay on topic much?

Edited by optimuskmg, 30 August 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

View Postoptimuskmg, on 30 August 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

tritum front sight lol..

geez outlw. stay on topic much?
LOL if you want the answers, google is your best friend.

Here's what I found out, and this info varies on which pistol you purchase from glock and also varies depending on the type of sights you get, whether they are adjustable or not:
-The front sight has a height from anywhere from .125", .151", .152" or .165",

The measurements for a front sight for a glock made by Novak has the dimensions: Blank; .134" (3.4mm) wide, .220" (5.6mm) high. White Dot; .134" wide, .185" (4.7mm) high.

If you want the front sight to glow in the dark, I suggest a little bottle of glow in the dark paint to paint onto your sights:
http://www.ebay.com/...=item336c328f14

Edited by Outlaw1995, 30 August 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#5 uscmCorps

uscmCorps

Magpul PTS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

What you probably really want to know is less about the blade of the Glock sight, more about the sight peg that sits below the sight blade and protrudes into the slide. Having measured parts to explore this same question in the past, your best bet would be to remove the OEM blade from the ATP's dovetail base, and drill through both the dovertail base and the slide for the Glock front sight peg to rest in. HOWEVER, since the slide has the dovetail slot cut into it, I'm not sure if there's enough headspace between outer barrel and the roof of the slide to allow for the Glock front sight screw head. Another alternative, would be to find a front sight for another non-Glock gun that has a dovetail built into it and test that. I have tested S&W M&P front sights in this manner and they have fit, however they were loose and would need glue and/or shimming to stay in place.

My personal recommendation would be to go and buy yourself a pack of Nitesiters.

Here's a video of one of my first ATP's in which the OEM ATP front and rear sight has had Nitesiters installed:

They more than do the job and for all my ATPs, that's what I have on the front OEM sight.

Edited by uscmCorps, 30 August 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Or, you could just wait until someone makes tritium sights for the ATP...it could happen...

#7 uscmCorps

uscmCorps

Magpul PTS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

That would require waiting ... which is against our nature. :)
Truth be told though, at present time it's hard to gauge when such a product would be made available, so home-brew methods are the only course of action till that happens.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostuscmCorps, on 31 August 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

That would require waiting ... which is against our nature. :)
Truth be told though, at present time it's hard to gauge when such a product would be made available, so home-brew methods are the only course of action till that happens.
Point taken.

#9 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostuscmCorps, on 30 August 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

What you probably really want to know is less about the blade of the Glock sight, more about the sight peg that sits below the sight blade and protrudes into the slide. Having measured parts to explore this same question in the past, your best bet would be to remove the OEM blade from the ATP's dovetail base, and drill through both the dovertail base and the slide for the Glock front sight peg to rest in. HOWEVER, since the slide has the dovetail slot cut into it, I'm not sure if there's enough headspace between outer barrel and the roof of the slide to allow for the Glock front sight screw head. Another alternative, would be to find a front sight for another non-Glock gun that has a dovetail built into it and test that. I have tested S&W M&P front sights in this manner and they have fit, however they were loose and would need glue and/or shimming to stay in place.

My personal recommendation would be to go and buy yourself a pack of Nitesiters.

Here's a video of one of my first ATP's in which the OEM ATP front and rear sight has had Nitesiters installed:

They more than do the job and for all my ATPs, that's what I have on the front OEM sight.
so what is it exactly... paint, a sticker, im lost. looks great though!

also a link to the one you purchased for your atp would be awesome

#10 uscmCorps

uscmCorps

Magpul PTS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

It's a sticker with glow in the dark properties. One packet comes with eight dots. Follow the included directions and it's super easy to apply.

The one I bought is the first option on that page:
Nitesiters Handgun
Night Sights - $11.98

#11 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

I used duraglo night sight paint with good results.  http://www.lauerweap...category_id=912

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

I had some glow in the dark adhesive backed dots I bought for my guitar. They were like 3 for a dollar from a guy who works in a sign shop where they punch out holes in the larger sheets.

Sticking them on the sights worked much like the glow dots I see above. Stick them on and coat them with clear nail polish. Work great for a game in the dark when "charged" for a few seconds with a flashlight. Cheaper than dirt and installed on both my ATP's and my RS pistols.

#13 uscmCorps

uscmCorps

Magpul PTS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

Duraglo and other glow in the dark paints are very competitively priced compared to the Nitesiters. That said, I personally like Nitesiters due to their easy application, clean round dots and I find comparing the two side by side (Nitesiters vs duraglo) the Nitesiters tend to be brighter and stay brighter with the same amount of charge applied.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users