• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oquinn07

oquinn07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:20 AM

The other day I noticed the folding grip wasn't locking in place properly, upon inspection I noticed the plastic part that the pin goes in to hold the grip was cracked in two. Seeing as how this is made directly into the body of the gun (as its a one piece receiver) the solution seems to get a receiver replacement :( This sucks because KWA doesn't offer any replacement parts on their pro shop at the moment. The only other thing i could think of is to take the folding grip off sand the piece down to its flush with the body and maybe drill holes for a bottom rail to screw into, then attach a grip of my choice. Any suggestions?

Here are some pix i took with my iPhone (sorry for the crap quality)

Attached Files

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:57 AM

oquinn07, on 30 December 2009 - 09:20 AM, said:

The other day I noticed the folding grip wasn't locking in place properly, upon inspection I noticed the plastic part that the pin goes in to hold the grip was cracked in two. Seeing as how this is made directly into the body of the gun (as its a one piece receiver) the solution seems to get a receiver replacement :( This sucks because KWA doesn't offer any replacement parts on their pro shop at the moment. The only other thing i could think of is to take the folding grip off sand the piece down to its flush with the body and maybe drill holes for a bottom rail to screw into, then attach a grip of my choice. Any suggestions?

Just a thought. If the break is a clean one, you may be able to reattach it with the proper epoxy until the parts are available. I would use a 2 part super epoxy. If properly glued it will hold over 1500 PSI.

#3 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

oquinn07, on 30 December 2009 - 09:20 AM, said:

I know a guy that actually hacked his vert grip on purpose.  After removing the rails and stuff, and installing a hacked top rail, it was actually very much lighter, and very much handier.

#4 oquinn07

oquinn07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

Spiggy, on 30 December 2009 - 11:51 AM, said:

I know a guy that actually hacked his vert grip on purpose.  After removing the rails and stuff, and installing a hacked top rail, it was actually very much lighter, and very much handier.

Guess I am just SOL :/  To make matter worst my KWA S-systems gearbox just cracked today, fml

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:40 AM

Yikes dude, you're on a roll.

Was your S-Tactical a 2GX varient?  If not, it's a blessing in disguise ;)

I've been mozing around, there should be a solution to that vert grip somewhere on the horizon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users