Jump to content


FPS reduction?


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 azzauzi

azzauzi

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Olympia WA
  • Interests:Gearwhoring, Milsim, KWA, food, travel, archery/bowhunting.
  • Country:

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

Is there any way i could reduce FPS on the MP7 to around 300-330ish? I would love to use this at my local indoor-CQB field but its kinda "hot" (in more then one way!  :dribble: ) any thoughs? thanks.

#2 Hibiki

Hibiki

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:20 PM

Well, you could either use duster gas (mine seems to function fine on it), or purchase RA Tech's NPS (Negative Pressure System) which basically allows you to dial the power to whatever you like once it's installed.

#3 azzauzi

azzauzi

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Olympia WA
  • Interests:Gearwhoring, Milsim, KWA, food, travel, archery/bowhunting.
  • Country:

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

View PostHibiki, on 13 December 2009 - 12:20 PM, said:

Well, you could either use duster gas (mine seems to function fine on it), or purchase RA Tech's NPS (Negative Pressure System) which basically allows you to dial the power to whatever you like once it's installed.

Hmm, where do they sell those? I have never had experience with this type deal lol  :turned:

#4 Xaelk

Xaelk

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

View Postazzauzi, on 13 December 2009 - 04:24 PM, said:

Hmm, where do they sell those? I have never had experience with this type deal lol  :turned:

http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=6080

i believe this is what he is talking about.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

View PostXaelk, on 13 December 2009 - 06:04 PM, said:

http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=6080

i believe this is what he is talking about.


Have you seen the youtube video showing the install and operation in an MP7? Here it is if you haven't:
:gun:

#6 Xaelk

Xaelk

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

View Postgcw360, on 13 December 2009 - 08:28 PM, said:

Have you seen the youtube video showing the install and operation in an MP7? Here it is if you haven't:
:gun:

thank you for this. the way asgi dscribes the product makes it sound like the thing somehow goes in the magazine  <_<

$50 for a mag + $50 for this product to be placed in each is a no no...

#7 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:04 AM

View PostXaelk, on 13 December 2009 - 09:39 PM, said:

thank you for this. the way asgi dscribes the product makes it sound like the thing somehow goes in the magazine <_<

$50 for a mag + $50 for this product to be placed in each is a no no...
Watch the video. The device goes in the gun, not the mag.

#8 azzauzi

azzauzi

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Olympia WA
  • Interests:Gearwhoring, Milsim, KWA, food, travel, archery/bowhunting.
  • Country:

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:49 PM

View Postgcw360, on 14 December 2009 - 06:04 AM, said:

Watch the video. The device goes in the gun, not the mag.

Thanks guys, this was EXACTLY what i was looking for.  :thumbsup:

#9 Xaelk

Xaelk

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

View Postgcw360, on 14 December 2009 - 06:04 AM, said:

Watch the video. The device goes in the gun, not the mag.

i understand this now, and that is why i was thanking you  :rofl:

because of ASGI's description of the product, i had originally believed that it went in the magazine.

i am also interested in their 3 round burst selector...that sounds like fun (maybe when KWA releases GBBRs, this will be standard...that would be awesome  :thumbsup: )

#10 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:33 PM

View PostXaelk, on 14 December 2009 - 02:52 PM, said:

i understand this now, and that is why i was thanking you :rofl:

because of ASGI's description of the product, i had originally believed that it went in the magazine.

i am also interested in their 3 round burst selector...that sounds like fun (maybe when KWA releases GBBRs, this will be standard...that would be awesome :thumbsup: )
Got it. You are welcome. I find many of the descriptions on many sites just poor! Three round burst does sound like fun. Where did you see it and do you have a link?

#11 Xaelk

Xaelk

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

View Postgcw360, on 14 December 2009 - 03:33 PM, said:

Got it. You are welcome. I find many of the descriptions on many sites just poor! Three round burst does sound like fun. Where did you see it and do you have a link?

i found it in RA Tech's Youtube account. here is a test video:



#12 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

View PostXaelk, on 14 December 2009 - 07:25 PM, said:

i found it in RA Tech's Youtube account. here is a test video:



Thanks.

#13 Xaelk

Xaelk

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:17 AM

View Postgcw360, on 14 December 2009 - 08:43 PM, said:

Thanks.

no problem  ^_^

#14 deltaop1

deltaop1

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

Hi Folks,

I was told that this might be an option to reduce the fps of your MP7 ... take a value key and use it to adjust the value on your MP7 magazine so that it recedes inward. By pushing the magazine value inward it reduces the velocity. I am told one full 360 clockwise (I think it was clockwise anyways) twist should lower the fps down to 340fps on propane.

If you don't have a value key (they are really inexpensive) here is an example of one that can be found on Redwolf ===> Value Key

If you want to undo the fps reduction just use the value key to adjust the value outward like it was before!

Edited by deltaop1, 14 February 2010 - 01:38 PM.


#15 tiger

tiger

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Philippines

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:52 AM

View Postdeltaop1, on 14 February 2010 - 12:53 PM, said:

Hi Folks,

I was told that this might be an option to reduce the fps of your MP7 ... take a value key and use it to adjust the value on your MP7 magazine so that it recedes inward. By pushing the magazine value inward it reduces the velocity. I am told one full 360 clockwise (I think it was clockwise anyways) twist should lower the fps down to 340fps on propane.

If you don't have a value key (they are really inexpensive) here is an example of one that can be found on Redwolf ===> Value Key

If you want to undo the fps reduction just use the value key to adjust the value outward like it was before!

There is no truth to this. It will only tighten your valve so much that you will damage it or you will unscrew it that it will blow in your face.

#16 deltaop1

deltaop1

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

View Posttiger, on 16 February 2010 - 09:52 AM, said:

There is no truth to this. It will only tighten your valve so much that you will damage it or you will unscrew it that it will blow in your face.

Thank you Tiger, I am afraid you might be right, sigh ... so I guess it comes down to these options:

1- Install the RA Tech NPAS system and use it to dial up or down the shooting pressure
2- Run the MP7 on propane or HFC134a to use a stronger or weaker propellant

#17 tiger

tiger

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Philippines

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:06 AM

View Postdeltaop1, on 16 February 2010 - 06:33 PM, said:

Thank you Tiger, I am afraid you might be right, sigh ... so I guess it comes down to these options:

1- Install the RA Tech NPAS system and use it to dial up or down the shooting pressure
2- Run the MP7 on propane or HFC134a to use a stronger or weaker propellant

Mind you the NPAS  for the MP7 will never increase your FPS. It was designed to allow you to dial your lowest setting and then return it from the previous.

#18 galactica

galactica

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:40 AM

if you use a weaker rocket valve spring with the npas than was with your valve in the first place, you will see an increase.  And don't use the spring they supplied with the npas.  Terrible.

#19 snoopy

snoopy

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:59 PM

Using the AI duster adapter that comes with the AI propane adapter, you can buy a "Clean Air" PC duster from Walmart. I belive a 16oz can runs $5 and change.

I have ran it through my old KWA MP7. Chronoed at AEX, the gun initially shot around 280 FPS with Toytec .20g BBs. It settled down to FPS in the neighborhood of 260 using the same weight/brand BB.

Cool down on full auto is noticeable, but emptying the whole 40 rounds in one trigger pull at 70 degrees was achievable.

Granted that the KWA MP7 is green gas ready, there's no harm in using duster gas as it is lesser pressured. Do note however that you will need to add silicone to the duster gas.

The clean air duster gas is diflouro ethane (152a) as opposed to the radioshack brand tetraflouro ethane (134a). 134a supposedly has higher pressure than the 152a gas.

#20 deltaop1

deltaop1

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:02 PM

View Posttiger, on 17 February 2010 - 04:06 AM, said:

Mind you the NPAS  for the MP7 will never increase your FPS. It was designed to allow you to dial your lowest setting and then return it from the previous.

Hi Tiger ... do you have any experience using the NPAS kit with the MP7? I was curious as to whether or not the vibration motion in the bolt will cause the NPAS screw to move off the setting you choose for it.

Edited by deltaop1, 18 February 2010 - 06:05 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users