• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KHPower

KHPower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hi all . I did a vast search of my exact problem before posting and couldnt quite find my exact problem so I felt I should post a topic  here goes

I recently purchased a SR10 new and all has been well. I started off using a small lipo that fits in the crane location perfectly with no issues. i then purchased a similar 11.4 v lipo that fits as well just a different brand.  Today as I was shooting I noticed that when i selcted single fire semi auto my trigger almost felt a little stiffer than normal and it felt kind of "clicky" if that can explain what im feeling. On full auto the trigger feels as smooth as usual but when on semi auto fire the trigger doesnt feel as smooth at all. I had this issue temporarily before I changed the battery but never like this.. Im worried my trigger is going out and that would be a shame because I havnt ab
used the gun.. It fires fine on semi but the trigger response and stiffness is kind of bothering

any suggestions or tips on how to fix this?  ive tried swithching from full to semi to correct but it only corrects for a few shots

Thanks Guys and gals

kyle

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Welcome to the KWA forums.

The issue you have described may not be an issue other than just an annoyance.  I suggest you keep an eye on this and see if it improves or worsens over time.  But if it worsens, it could possibly be a bent trigger contact fin which may just require readjustment. It seems that some new guns do have trigger that "click" and is not smooth when pulled.  And most of the time the gun will break-in and get smoother over time.
Let me ask you though, this problem appear after the use of the new battery?  And does it only do this with the new battery?

#3 KHPower

KHPower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 29 May 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Welcome to the KWA forums.

The issue you have described may not be an issue other than just an annoyance.  I suggest you keep an eye on this and see if it improves or worsens over time.  But if it worsens, it could possibly be a bent trigger contact fin which may just require readjustment. It seems that some new guns do have trigger that "click" and is not smooth when pulled.  And most of the time the gun will break-in and get smoother over time.
Let me ask you though, this problem appear after the use of the new battery?  And does it only do this with the new battery?

This issue seemed to have happened around lets say the 1000th round but it would go away really quickly. I ran my old lipo down and while repairing the old lipo i shorted it out so I through in a new Traxxas 11.1 volts with a full charge and it seems to have gotten worse regarding this stiffened trigger click.

is there a tutorial on how to adjust these fins?  I have shot well over 6000 rounds out of this gun and have maintained it properly.

Thanks in advance and Ill sure keep my eye out on this.. Im worried because I had a similar issue with a black ops aeg and then the trigger failed completely

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

This is happening in semi? And it came on over time with a different battery? I agree with Niko that it could be some resistance from the trigger contacts. But it could also be the trigger block is hanging up on the cut-off lever.  This is caused by either a short cycle or a slight over cycle of the gearbox.  There are a number of things that cause this:
  • Over spec battery - What is the battery's spec?
  • Damaged or low voltage battery
  • Short, fast, paintball like, incomplete trigger pulls - Can you describe your trigger pulls for us?
I would:
  • Use Complete and deliberate trigger pulls

• Try a different battery

• If all else fails, installing a MOSFET will eliminate the issue

#5 KHPower

KHPower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

The new lipo is a 1400 mah Traxxas 11.1 v lipo. I have pulled the trigger on thwe gun in a paintball like fashion as well with pulling it back slowsly and completely.

I will try another battery and even perhaps a 7.4 volt . I will recharge the new battery. If all elese fails Ill dig into this gun and fix the trigger counterpart mentioned above.

i love to target shoot in my back yard and enjoy the Sr10 for this reason . It is bothersome and id like to nip it in the butt as soon as possible. I will recharge the batt and try another and I hope it goes away. and liek i mentioned.. full auto is smooth regarding the trigger pull and semi auto was until the new batt.  and now that i think about it , the gun did this with te previous lipo when it was running on the low side...  ill sure report back but in the meantime i appreciate everyones responses and tips

#6 KHPower

KHPower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

I have tested it with a good 7.4 nimh batt and it produced the same results , slower roa but it still had a sort of scrapy feeling trigger so i dont think its the battery :(

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostKHPower, on 31 May 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

I have tested it with a good 7.4 nimh batt and it produced the same results , slower roa but it still had a sort of scrapy feeling trigger so i dont think its the battery :(
Hmmm, I would open the gun, check the contacts, adjust them if needed, and add some dielectric grease.  Understand that without having the gun in my hands it's all speculation.

#8 KHPower

KHPower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

I will do just that! any good tutorials on the trigger and contacts?

#9 KHPower

KHPower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

UPDATE:  I was on my bench about to disassemble the KWA Sr10 and before I did with the clip out of the gun I pulled the stiff trigger on semi(with no battery ) after every pullback f the triger a bb would come from the feed area. after around 4 trigger pulls with bbs dispersing the trigger felt normal again.. I then hooked her up to a fresh LIPO and a full clip and it shoots wonderful again...

I dont understand how or why all these bbs were lodged in there somehow. I use Javeline 25s... and even with the trigger kind of stiff and aquard the gun still fired every shot... HMMM

#10 jorgell10

jorgell10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

hi i had the some problem but i forced the trigger now if you switch from safe to semi the sr10 shoots by its self in full auto without touching the trigger if anyone can recommend me something or any tutorials on how to open the gun to check whats the problem is i would aprecciate it thank you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users